On 20.3.2018 at 4:17 AM, lowlylowlycook said:

Those hills are nice.  Do you know what he used for the rocky bits?

No. If I remember correctly it was all made out of rigid foam or something like that. I cannot access my mail at the moment. Otherwise I could tell you.

//

Continuing with our tricycle.

The construction of the engine block - or better - its compartent.

I really was into Greenstuff at that time, so no wonder I used it to some extend after my first attempts using plastic styrene failed. Finally it became a mixture of both.

jykm-kp-82f2.jpg

jykm-kr-fb89.jpg

I messed around. trying out stuff, breaking it apart and starting again ... and suddenly ... this:

jykm-lk-ccb0.jpg

... became this ...

jykm-lp-2ca6.jpg

jykm-lq-88ae.jpg

After that whole stuff was dry - took a couple of days - some sanding was done and a few more attachments and details were created.

jykm-o8-362e.jpg

jykm-o9-fe8c.jpg

jykm-oa-1efa.jpg

Let's give it time to dry and see what happens next.

• Like 9

Let's continue:

Last time we left our truck, a very important thing was missing: The wheel and drivers seat.

In the meantime, I somehow lost the drivers cabin bank, so I had to create a completely new one.

jykm-q4-7634.jpg

Looks good so far. And even fits the wheel. The rest was covered in a putty mass that evens the Greenstuff.

Now for the roof.

As the original Gallian truck has a specific sign on the roof, I had to create it at well.

jykm-qn-043c.jpg

jykm-qk-1cc3.jpg

And here is my version:

jykm-q5-2489.jpg

Did anyone notice it looks like a three-wheeled anime maid truck?

After a few hours of drying time, I continued creating the ragnite coolers:

jykm-qe-bea5.jpg

jykm-qf-7fa7.jpg

jykm-qg-cbb6.jpg

jykm-qh-1f44.jpg

Then I continued working on the cargo bay:

jykm-qu-8d6d.jpg

jykm-qv-9226.jpg

Well now ... that has to dry for a bit and then we can start priming and painting.

• Like 12

Base-coated to the truck ...

jykm-r2-c4b3.jpg

jykm-r3-58e4.jpg

jykm-r4-3cef.jpg

jykm-r5-a3d6.jpg

jykm-r1-c8c4.jpg

Then started painting and finished it.

This in the original:

jykm-jk-3328.jpg

And -  of course - my version:

jykm-td-3806.jpg

jykm-tc-883e.jpg

jykm-tf-e515.jpg

jykm-te-84d2.jpg

To be honest: I don't like it. I think I can do better - so a few weeks after I stripped the colour again and put it away for the time being. I will work on it again, but then using the airbrush for a finer application of the colour.

Best regards.

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 8

I think your creation looks great and I love the way you based it. After your last post I hadn't realized you were so close to painting. 

I think the initial paint job is great, but if you decide to redo it I'll eagerly await the new paint job.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rat13 said:

I think your creation looks great and I love the way you based it. After your last post I hadn't realized you were so close to painting. 

I think the initial paint job is great, but if you decide to redo it I'll eagerly await the new paint job.

Yeah - To be honest: I skipped the process of showing the sanding down of some of the parts of the vehicle as I didn't figure it to be entertaining. So It was just glueing the roof to the drivers cabin and filling the gaps, sanding it down and then started painting.

We will see how the "new" paintjob will look.

• Like 3

Your modifications are SPLENDID. The strange little truck is a BEAUTIFULLY painted & based creation. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, malefactus said:

Your modifications are SPLENDID. The strange little truck is a BEAUTIFULLY painted & based creation. VERY WELL DONE!

Thanks Al,

I really love those builds, too. They might look a bit out of square, but are still fun to make and somehow, this special design of Valkyria Chronicles is well presented through those skewed builds :-D

• Like 4

And a little glimpse on what it looks when put together. It doesn't inclued all the pieces and there are also some pieces that are not part of the project - but I somehow needed to fill the gaps - haha.

Anyway. It seems a 90cm x 90cm map might be an acceptable size.

jykm-28t-621a.jpg

jykm-28u-7125.jpg

jykm-28v-2f93.jpg

jykm-28w-6a73.jpg

jykm-28x-18f7.jpg

• Like 8

This all looks great together.

3 hours ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

It seems a 90cm x 90cm map might be an acceptable size.

Are you planning to use that field size for squad based combat or a total war kind of battle?

• Like 2

Free movement. As in the game.

EDIT: sorry I misread. Skirmish. Up to 10 units per side. As in valkyria chronicles. 

• Like 3

Yeah! That's right.

I was pretty impressed myself, to be honest. I first thought: Oh, man - that will never work. But I was wrong and that makes me happy :-D

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/548467345/drakenstone-magnetic-modular-castle-terrain?ref=discovery#

About
      My name is Andy, and I've been building miniature fantasy terrain since the 1980s. I have used my hand-made magnetic modular terrain for Dungeon Escape and Legendary Arena Battles at Eye of the Beholder Gaming Guild in Taylor, MI. My prototype pieces are on display at Acropolis Games in Adrian, and Get Your Game On in Ann Arbor. Many players have asked how they can take home magnetic terrain pieces to continue their adventure at home.
      I use Hirst Arts blocks (I am a fully licensed Hirst Arts dealer). The process is fun... but painfully slow, as each block must be cast individually, then glued together. To save time and effort, I've began making molds of ENTIRE ROOMS, so that they can be cast AS ONE SINGLE SOLID PIECE with no glueing. Instead of using delicate, breakable plaster, I have been casting using 57D Resin, with enormous success. Instead of building a room in several days, I pour the resin in the mold, and its finished in two minutes. I can cast the entire 29 piece dungeon in one hour. What took me weeks before, now takes only an afternoon.
      The 57D Resin is urethane rubber. It is slightly flexible, making it shatter-proof. The rooms can be dropped, and they will remain literally undamaged. No more chipping, cracking, or breaking! Say goodbye to handling delicate pieces. Since they come right out of the mold looking like granite, there is no paint to chip away or rub off. However, the material is paintable, should you choose to add your own dry-brush. Colors available are: Black Onyx, Black Granite, OrcSkin Gray, Gray Granite, White, White Granite, Frost, and Glow in the Dark.
      There is no glue involved in any of the pieces.
      The magnets are EMBEDDED directly inside the walls during the molding process, and cannot come loose, break off, or become lost. That makes our terrain suitable for kids of any age. Every terrain piece "snaps" together. 
      Players who already own Dwarven Forge sets will enjoy the fact that DrakenStone terrain meets up perfectly with their existing sets, making it the perfect compliment. The playing surface is exactly the same height, and the squares are exactly the same size as Dwarven Forge. 
      Please join us for a D&D 5E PVP one-shot game "Dungeon Escape", played Monday nights at 7pm, at Eye of the Beholder Gaming Guild, 12345 Telegraph Road, Taylor, MI. See the terrain being used in a real game. Or, watch us live on Facebook.
      Risks and challenges
      I have already created all the molds. I have already purchased the magnets in bulk. The last step is purchasing the 57D Resin. In pint-sized and gallon-sized units, the cost is very expansive... making the sale of sets to the public prohibitively expansive. However, in a 5-gallon, or even a 55-gallon drum, the cost of the resin is considerably less. Obtaining this bulk quantity of materials will keep the finished castle pieces at a low cost to customers. A 55-gallon drum of the 57D Resin costs $1,000.
      Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
    • By Lidless Eye
      Here's my work on the "Tablescapes Dungeons-Mines" set from Secret Weapon Miniatures.

The Goblins are all from "The Hobbit: Escape from Goblin Town" set, and the Dwarves are mixed manufacturer.  I just wanted to give it a little character...or some little characters.

• By Brianuk
      The next project should be a bit easier than the ships. Have brought 3 boxes of cardboard letters from Aldi. They are on sale and were part of their middle isle wedding stationery promotion. They spell "L OV E" not "F I R S T T R Y". 

The idea is to make a temple wall complex/ set of sewer walls / set of docks. 

When stacked together these are 5cm high, 20cm long and 15cm wide. I wanted some terrain that was modular, stackable, and tall enough to block line of site. Also that models could be pushed off. 

I cut and stuck the L and the E together to make a "C" shaped Dock. Greenstuff rollers (bricks, and Ancestral Recall) applied to 5mm foam stuck to the walls and floor. There will be a grate in the bottom of one wall. Painting will just be black or brown mod podge then dry brushing. I am going to try and add some vines/flock/green weathering. 

Am then going to make a series of arches out of the "O" letters. The middle of the O is the perfect size for a single based 28mm model. 

The "V" will either be a redoubt or turned into straight walls with some waste. 

• By SamuraiJack
      About
      A ground-breaking tabletop building system, made of durable, highly detailed, precise laser cut MDF and grey board. All buildings come ready to use, no glue required. THIS IS NOT A KIT!
      This unique system for 28mm tabletop games and RPG's uses strong earth magnets to attach the building exteriors (skins) to a base box. 
      Construction couldn't be simpler! The magnetic system means the buildings can be easily and quickly assembled, disassembled and reassembled over and over in various combinations. 
       PLAY Not only can you change skins to create different building combinations from within a range, you can also select skins from other ranges depending on the game or period you wish to play. This cross-game terrain system means you can build a Wild West town one evening, then just by changing the skins on the base box, a fantasy village for a wargame the next. 
       PLAY All skins are pre-assembled and designed to flat-pack away. This  makes transportation much easier and considerably cuts down storage needed, keeping everyone happy.
      What's more, your base box can be used as storage for your figures and other gaming elements, such as dice and tokens.

• By SisterMaryNapalm
      Salvete, Amici!

Phew ... some time since I wrote that last time ... haha!

Well then: Time to feel the might of the Roman Legion, the breast best army of ancient Europe!

I planned to be abscent from painting for some time more, but it happened that I got a more or less good reason to start again. A friend of mine who I have known for quite some time now - he is one of the master minds behind some of the Gallia to Arms builds - I decided to make a little present for him.

Anyway ... this guy is a great fan of the Roman legion and he even has an 28mm Roman army. He is creating his army a bit in the style of an Asterix Roman army, having bought some of the characters and using them in his force.

But he still misses a force commander - and that is where I come into play. On the last Tactica wargaming event, I got a female Roman centurion from the Hot&Dangerous brand and I immediately thought what a great force commander she would make. Alea iacta est!

I don't know what would be a better fit - his birthday or christmas - but I can decide that when I am as far as I want to be.

But I will not only give the figure to him. Nah - I think this is a great opportunity for me to get back into painting. So I used my social skills to ask about some of his concepts and I think now I have got a good idea of what I have to do.

And now it is time to MAKE A GREAT PRESENT AGAIN!

Those are all the parts I have got. The lady can either use a mirror or her helmet to check her hair. Really now? I mean ... use one or the other? Nah. Not with me. She will use the mirror, but I will put the helmet in front of her and cut away her arm, so that all parts are on the base.

And now for some basing!

Valete!

• Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)