Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Okay! I'm starting this post to keep track of the miniatures I've painted in one place. Just ignore if you've seen them already!
1. Barrow Rat (LTPK1) Finished (11.14.2013)
2. (Actually don't have this one on this board! LOL!) 06023: Anhurian Swordsmen ???
3. 02924: Bertok, Barbarian (LTPK4) Finished (11.18.2013)
4. P02741A: Nymph (LTPK4) Finished (11.21.2013)
5 & 6. 02811: Dain Deepaxe & 02823: Rasia, w/Spiked Chain Finished (1.29.2014)
7. 14536: Varaug, Orc Warlord (Alternate Sculpt) WIP & Finished (2.16.2014)
8. 14645: Bladesinger Sister "Phoebe" WIP & Finished (3.4.2014)
9. Jazzy's Garden of Eden WIP
- Liriel Finished (3.27.2014)
10. The Picnic or Something Victorianish... WIP & Finished! (finally!) (4.12.2014)
11. Winter Miniature Exchange: Stonehaven Dwarf Rogue Partial WIP & Finished! (4.19.2014)
12. 14321: Bow Sister "Nubian Princess" WIP & Finished! (5.1.2014)
- Special WIP! Building A Better Bowl - Basing tutorial
13. 03473: Khesh Blackscale, Dragonman (Sorry! I got WIP lazy ) & Finished! (5.17.14)
- Redemption! (sorta): Lazy Basing WIP
14. Stonehaven Miniatures Gnome Hoplite (a.k.a.: Pocket Achilles) Finished! (5.26.14)
15. 02689 Kurff the Swift (a.k.a.: The Hero of Speiburg) FAIL! WIP & Finally Finished (11.09.14)
16. 02981 Lonnia, Female Duelist or "The Fair Spansh Lady" WIP and Finished! (6.23.2014)
17. 50180: Mega-Mutant or "The Fly" Finished! (7.14.2014)
18. Bombshell Miniatures HS38 Rocket Bike & GhNT Security Bot or "The Race" Finished! (9.7.2014)
19. 14600: Kaya the Reaper or "Year of the Giants: Part I" WIP and Finished! (10.4.2014)
- Year of the Giants: Part Deaux! WIP
- Year of the Giants Diorama: Mothers Finished! (12.31.2014)
- ReaperCon 2015 Silver!!! Yay!
20. 02902: Slithe Queen or "Low Tide" [Fall Exchange Mini] Partial WIP & Finished!
21. Hasslefighter 2014 WIP PAUSED (11.8.14)
- HFGGL4 Fist of Golgo (i.e.: Billy)
- HFGGL8A Bobby Van Li (i.e.: Williams)
- HFC008 Kado
22. 01325 Bailey Silverbell Finished! (11.8.2014)
- Official 1st Anniversary of Painting Mini! Yay!
- ReaperCon 2015 Silver!!!
23. Target Acquired: Hasslefree's HFSF 109 "Smudgester" WIP & Finished! (11.21.2014)
- ReaperCon 2015 Bronze!
24. The Freaking Dungeon!!! (a.k.a.: Super Dungeon Explorer) WIP
25. Dr. Who Diorama (Present for Haden) WIP & Finished! (12.24.2014)
26. Bones Beauty Pageant: "Little Friend" (Cassie, Gnome Wizard) WIP & Finished! (2.7.2015)
27. "Never Toss A Dwarf" or 60004: Harsk, Iconic Male Dwarf Ranger WIP & Finished! (3.2.2015)
28. "She Be Queen!" Spring 2015 Exchange Finished! (4.16.2015)
29. "Speedy the Gobbo" Exercise in "speed" painting Finished! (4.20.2015)
30. Will's Dino Guy or Maj. Johan Emigholtz WIP & Finished! (6.8.2015)
31. Cowboys!: Roland Deschain or 59007: Gunslinger Finished! (4.5.2016)
32. Spaaacccceeeeee Woooollllvvvvsssssszzzz!!!!!! WIP
33. Dragons of Fall Latecoming or Marsya's Really Late I'm So Sorry It Took So Long And I Should Be Ashamed Project Finished! (4.2016)
34. Icewind Gail or Winter Witch 60149 WIP & Finished! (4.9.2016)
35. (ish) Some hood from Hasslefree.... (um, Joe!) Practically Finished (9.11.2018)
Running Total: 40ish Miniatures Completed! (+ a TARDIS!)
( #10 required 2 minis; #18 required 2 minis; #24 required 2 minis + a custom TARDIS #29 required 3 minis )
(Please note that the Running Total tabulates actual painted miniatures. The numbers indicate individual
projects, some of which may have not been completed.)
Also, a list of my continuing struggle of photographing these guys can be found here and here.
This is my first post-ReaperCon mini, and I'm using her to practice the various techniques that I learned in various classes. I'll be posting stages along the way, and feedback is very much appreciated!
For starters, I've gotten most of the base coats down, and the first thing I practiced was two brush blending on her orange cloak.
My plan is to do a bit of freehand along the trim in the light orange of the front skirt, and then use the same trim along the skirt in the dark orange of the cloak. It makes sense in my head, anyway!
The chest armor is done with the new Dungeon Dwellers color "Kobold Scale", and I love it. It's got a deep maroon/brown thing going on.
Thanks for looking!
Started working on this guy today for one of my player.
Since I'm a "newbie" and have no experience in working with skin, I was wondering if Reaper's Flesh Wash would look ok with the Elf Flesh base-coat for the skin.
For the hair, the player want him to be carrot-top with a touch of grey. The could prove to be interesting.
I'm also looking for suggestions for his clothing. almost anything is fair game, all though the campaign setting is in a desert/desolation area.
Back from Reapercon and working on the little's PC for our inconsistent dnd game. She's super tiny but I really like the sculpt. Gripes about plastic, and the mould quality though. It's a wizkids preprimed number. I wish they did these in metal. She's coming along nicely. Her skins are the rosy skin triad with some of the fair skins mixed in. Hair is intense brown, vmc orange brown pumpkin orange and then pumpkin orange and rosy highlight, then tiny bits of rosy highlight. Her eyes are I think leaf green, and tiny. Kiddo is requesting some purple socks with stripes so that is the next thing. Enjoy:).
So, after indulging in the metal trade at Reapercon this year I found myself going through my stores of salvaged miniatures and putting together various bits and pieces. I tend to save a lot of scraps and fragments of figures in my spare parts bin (or drawer, rather) which I think may be useful for something someday or other, and after pouring the lot of it out and sifting through it I realized that I have accumulated an awful lot of this sort of thing, and it was high time I did something with it.
After messing around and experimenting for a couple of hours I came away with a promising assortment of parts, enough to assemble three or four female figures in all. I thought it would be fun to make a WIP out them (hopefully it will help keep me motivated to finish all four of them). Most of the parts are from Reaper figures (I'll try to list the catalog numbers), but there are a few other bits and pieces in between, which I'll try to identify as best I can.
First off, I've got one of the alternate torsos from the 03096 Pegasus rider. This matched up really well with a random set of legs I had lying around, which I think once belong to a steampunk-ish figure. Digging around in my stores of weapons I found the original shield that went with the torso.
Next up, I have the upper torso from the 03631 Sea Elf Bard, which marries up surprisingly well with the legs from the alien pole dancer from 50270. In particular, by using a hobby knife to carefully separate the thighs of the legs I was able to get a pretty dynamic looking pose (DISCLAIMER: In the picture it looks a bit like she has some camel toe going on, which is an artifact left over from the incision I made to separate the legs. That being said, I have nonetheless linked the picture to comply with forum rules on nudity).
Lastly for now, I've got the torso from the 03459 Angel of Justice. With a bit of judicious trimming, it marries up almost perfectly with the legs from 03336 Cancer from the Children of the Zodiac series. Pictures are linked below due to nudity on the angel model.
I started out with the angel of justice mashup. The original figure was drilled for wings, and since I was already starting to get kind of a supernatural vibe from the figure I dug around my spares bin for something wing-ish to put there. I ended up with a pair of fairy wings. I then looked for something suitable to put in her hand where the original sword was, and after a bit of experimentation I decided that another sword is kind of looked the best. As before, images containing nudity are linked separately below.
Whatever she is, she's got a very triumphant look about her (a couple people I showed her to said she looked a bit like the Statue of Liberty). As such, I have dubbed her The Fairy of Victory. I have no idea what a Fairy of Victory does, but I'm quite sure its suitably magnificent.
Who's Online 39 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)
- Knight of the Dinner Table
- Geoff Davis
- Al Capwn
- Lidless Eye
- Xiwo Xerase
- Rob Dean
- Doug Sundseth
- Froggy the Great
- Lt. Coldfire
- Chris Palmer