Jump to content

GreenBeams

Golem Print Arrived Today!

Recommended Posts

Hello all, 

i just thought i'd post this up as i was excited to see it arrive in the post today: Mr Stitches the Golem and Cat the Cat at a total of 50mm

It's exactly as it arrived out of the box from Shapeways (in the extreme detail material)and cost a total of, i think $35 inc. shipping. I haven't cleaned it or anything and i realise that it's not the easiest to see but i just wanted to pop it up here anyway!




 

golem_1.PNG

golem_2.PNG

Golem_3.png

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For a $30 print that looks pretty good! The extreme detail prints from Shapeways seem like they are a great option for pieces that you can have as samples to show off without having to pay 4x as much for a higher resolution "professional" print. It definitely helps that it was a great looking sculpt to begin with! I may have to pick one up if I see it for sale somewhere in the future...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Talae
      I picked up an airbrush kit on sale back in November. It came with two brushes, a compressor, and some other stuff.
       
      Here is a picture:

       
      The brush that I have been using mostly so far is the Badger Patriot 105. I say mostly because I have sprayed paint through it more than once, lol. I started with the bottom fed one (the 350) for one sitting of like 30 minutes, then tried another sitting with the 105 for like 30 minutes.
       
      I have since used the 105 for something like three sittings of 30-60 minutes. My total airbrush experience is something like 2.5 hours plus another 1.5 hours of cleaning and practice assembly.
       
      I have primarily just tried primers. The latest attempt has been applying Vallejo Surface Primer (black) to some of the graveyard set, namely the crypt and the fencing.
       
      Here are those results (minus a rogue golem arm that missed being airbrushed until I cleaned up and was later brushed with the same color in order to prevent having to clean the airbrush for one piece):

       
      I am thinking that I might try and use my Dwarven Forge paints to make this match the Dungeon terrain I have, but am not sure yet...and if I do go that route, would it be better to go with my typical dry rush route or should I be trying to apply colors on top of this with the airbrush? Or is there a different approach that I should be taking?
    • By Kev!
      Howdy,
       
        Stoned...
       


       
      Kev!
    • By Darcstaar
      Just a quick paint job I did a few months back.
      I am still trying to learn True Metallic Metal technique.
      Based on the pictures, I still have learning left to do.
      There are some dilute black, blue, brown, and flesh colored washes in there.
      His close up of his face reminds me of Ultron.
      He is set to be a construct for our Reign of Winter Pathfinder campaign.
       
      Enjoy.  C&C Welcome, as well as any advice or recipes for TMM would be appreciated.
       

    • By Chaoswolf
      I started this guy last winter sometime so I figured it was time to finish him up. I used the Thanksgiving paint binge to accomplish this. I wanted to imply that he was made from slightly fresher parts, so I used several different flesh tones on him, then washed/drybrushed/weathered him to look a little grungy/rotten.
       
      Painted for tabletop; let me know what you think.
       

       

       

    • By Redd Knekk
      Thought this guy would be a fun, quick paint, but turned into a tedious, long pain. Definitely not my best work but was trying new things mainly with metallics and OSL. As I went along, there were some things I wanted to experiment with so I did that at the expense of details, smooth highlights, etc. 
       
      Really only intended it to be seen from the front (first pic), but as soon as I took pictures a thousand things popped up I could do better.
       
      Anyway, here you go, and if you would like to tell me how you’d do it with these color light sources, please do.



  • Who's Online   16 Members, 0 Anonymous, 257 Guests (See full list)

×