Glitterwolf

Female Half Pirate Half Snake. Bonita. by Glitterwolf

44 minutes ago, Loim said:

Pretty excellent. 

34 minutes ago, Inarah said:

She looks badass. 

Thank you both!

Comments like this motivate me to paint more!

1 hour ago, KruleBear said:

That base is cool and the pattern on the snake skin turned out nice. 

Thank you, It was fun doing this

50 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Very cool!  I love the diamond back pattern!

Thx! I thought she needed a litlle extra!

47 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I thoroughly approve of this. I knew I guided it into the right hands.^_^

Thx for pointing her out to me!

I just saw that title, and "Half Pirate ... Half SNAKE?!?" -- I had to check this out.  :D

Cool convers-- oh, wait, I just did a Google search on that name, and that's the way the figure normally looks!  Heh!  I thought for sure this was a kit-bash.  Anyway, I love the colorful diamond-scale patterning, and also the splashy water-texture effects on the base.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had to take a closer look too haha. What an unusual mini! I love the pattern on her tail! Wow! You clearly have a lot of experience painting reptiles ;) Amazing job :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jordan Peacock said:

I just saw that title, and "Half Pirate ... Half SNAKE?!?" -- I had to check this out.  :D

Cool convers-- oh, wait, I just did a Google search on that name, and that's the way the figure normally looks!  Heh!  I thought for sure this was a kit-bash.  Anyway, I love the colorful diamond-scale patterning, and also the splashy water-texture effects on the base.

Thx!

Yes it is actually a Vanilla Mini from Freebooter, but she fits into my Lost World stories, I had to have her!

She is pretty big too, that's a 40mm base.

1 minute ago, Glamberry said:

I had to take a closer look too haha. What an unusual mini! I love the pattern on her tail! Wow! You clearly have a lot of experience painting reptiles ;) Amazing job :) 

Thank you!

As for experience with painting reptiles, take a look at my Lost World Project.

I had reptiles and amphibians as pets in my youth and I love nature.

Looking at the real thing will provide inspiration.

I always say that Nature is the best painter.

• Like 3

Very true! I actually own a western hognose named Bacon. I'm thinking of getting some yuan-ti or similar and painting them up in his colours (he's an albino).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Glamberry said:

Very true! I actually own a western hognose named Bacon. I'm thinking of getting some yuan-ti or similar and painting them up in his colours (he's an albino).

One of these?

Awesome pattern!

I'm painting loads of reptiles and dinosaurs in my Lost World Project.

Might steal this pattern for a snakeman!

image.png.1dfc22def6442f851cc1df93668b9e26.png

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Glamberry said:

This is him! Let me know when/if you did!!! I'd love to see that :D

23845655_1937376299635995_1684837728449648900_o.jpg

What a cute little fellow!

I'm a slow painter, but I can see this pattern being used in my Snake Army!

It will show up!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 1