Sign in to follow this  
Generic Fighter

Oathsworn Owlbear Chick for Twitter Exchange

So, I'm a part of a Bi-Monthly Twitter Secret Santa'like Exchange called #BoxofManyThings! I'm doing Miniatures for both of the organizers of it and this is one of them. The individual in question goes by the Handle, owlbare on twitter and uses a Purple Owlbear as his Avatar. So I chose to do up a Cute little Owlbear for him in his signature Colors. These are actually his photos since I forgot to take any! Anywho, hope you enjoy:)

WLb1Vso.jpg

EgOZzBl.jpg

GF

• Like 16

That really is an adorable miniature, AND your LOVELY painting style gives the Little Monster a Fairy Tale illustration feel. VERY NICELY DONE!

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      This is an Oathsworn Female Monk I took from a BOGW.
      She is part of my project: Nippon, Land of the Rising Moon and this Mariko in her human form.

WIP here:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79416-nippon-land-of-the-rising-moon-by-glitterwolf/&page=6

• By Auberon
      Like a number of you I picked up one of the new owlbears to see what the Bones Black material was all about.  Given the local weather I decided to paint it up as one of those mythic polar owlbears you occasionally see wandering around.

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      As mentioned in the Rabbits topic, when I first saw 03929: Drangus, Duckman Warrior, I knew I'd found the opposition for my Rabbits.  
      The problem is, duckmen don't seem nearly as common as Rabbits.
      This is my current "army".

That's two copies of Drangus and Oathsworn's duck-billed platypus (it's got a bill so close enough!!).

So far my quick search has only tracked down one set of Duckmen, by Rebel Minis (bookmarked!!).
      I'm hoping Reaper will expand their Duckman line in the comming months as well (please?).

I'll be doing a weapon swap on one of the two Drangus's (Drangi?) to make them a little different.
      So if you know of any more Duckmen figs, or just duck figs, or really any associated waterfowl or waterfowlmen, feel free to let me know. 

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      So, a very long time ago, somewhere around the turn of the millennia, when I started buying minis (not counting that dragon I bought in the early 90s...which I should get around to painting one of these days....) I came across a miniature that would change the course of history!  Well, my history anyway, because if I hadn't seen it I likely wouldn't be posting about all these other minis I bought because if it, not to mention all the butterfly bunny effects that that one change would have made to the timeline....but I digress. One that faithful day I spotted the legendary (and apparently back in print!!) Doom Bunny from Ral Partha.  I, of course, had to have it.  It then sat (as is usual) unpainted for years.  Then one day, while GMing a campaign, I decided to run an entire rabbit themed night as we were playing on Easter Monday.  The campaign either had (I think, unless this was the first animal night....I think the Bovine Liberation Army came first....) , or ended up having an animal theme for a bit so all was good.  I painted up the Doom Bunny and my wife painted up 4 Reaper bunnies from some familiar set or another (must have been one with weasels in it, I needed a bunch of those for a Hackmaster thing).
      I had a very fun time running the bunnies (unlike the BLA final encounter...anyone remember how long it took to create a high level minotaur blackguard in 3.x?  It got critted 3 times in the first round and went down in the second. It got to act once and rolled a 2 or something....but I'm not bitter....) and since that time have gone out of my way to collect rabbit figures of all sorts.
      So, long story, er, long, it's time to start thinking about painting the rest.  A big motivation for this is that I recently went in on a Killer Rabbits kickstarter and have a horde more coming soon.  The other motivator to get going was Reaper releasing  03929: Drangus, Duckman Warrior, the hereditary enemy of bunnies everywhere!
      So step one was to find them.  I spent a good hour digging through boxes and I "think" I found them all (excluding any painted exchange figures I may have received due to mentioning in EVERY survey I've done for years).

So at the front we have the 4 Reaper bunnies and the Doom Bunny.
      The grey resin is Bombshell, as are their little doom bunny and jackelope (it still counts!) sidekicks.  The right side are all Darksword. The left in front are Oathsworn.  Back left there are 6 spear bunnies that I believe were Ral Partha from the same era as the Doom Bunny (they have the same shields).  And at the back is Nibbles, from CMoN's Arcadia Quest, which a friend ordered for me with their KS order.

BTW, if you know of any other bunny figs, feel free to mention them here, or PM me directly if you prefer.  I'm always on the lookout for more. 

Up next will be bagging all the multipart figs now that I've got them sorted, then figuring out what to start with. That may not be a quick process, but I'll (theoretically) get there.

• By bluecrowlaura
      I finally finished my owlbear...just in time to go pick up the new rock troll from the mailbox, lol. I enjoyed painting the Black, though I still prefer metal; to me, this is a nice middle ground between Bones plastic and white metal. 

I didn't prime, though I washed it really well and airbrushed the base coats.

• Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)