rfusca

Shadows of brimstone game

This will be a long WIP. There's probably 30 minis to paint. A friend had this game and asked if I'd paint it. 

Here's the first one of the monsters. There are three of them and I'm doing them all at the same time. Primer and basecoating with the airbrush made it real easy.  That's the first pic. 

Then a gloss spray coat and a dark purple oil wash. That's the second pic. Now to dry over night and finish up a few details and basing tomorrow. 

IMG_20171229_230258294.jpg

IMG_20171229_234425533.jpg

• Like 13

Also, this primer is fantastic. And dries and ready for paint in as little as 3 minutes per the bottle instruction. Appears to be incredibly tough as well. 

IMG_20171230_003648985.jpg

• Like 9

Ok, I got the rest of the miniatures assembled and pinned to bases.  That was a PITA.  Next step...primer.

pic1.jpg

• Like 8

OK priming all done. Except the giant one. He'll be separate.

IMG_20180102_173856382_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180102_174933648.jpg

Edited by rfusca
  • Like 10

Ok, all the batwing type creatures are done. These were done as quick speed paints but look great at a tabletop distance for his kind of monster.  I'm happy with em and six of them only took about 3 hours.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

Edited by rfusca
  • Like 10

OK, more progress and stopping for the night. Close pics tomorrow when the oil wash dries. The 6 base zombies are done. I did them in kinda alternating colors, so no two are quite alike. 

IMG_20180103_010624524.jpg

My goal is to make it through the rest of the zombies tomorrow night (6 more but two different model types) and that will leave just the 4 PCs and the big winged villian in the background. 

• Like 11

You're rockin' the airbrush! Seriously, watching you learn to paint is awesome in general. How are you liking the airbrush? I don't have one - not sure if it is worth it for me, since I'm not an army or bulk painter. Your results are going super well it seems. 

• Like 2

Thanks! It's been fun to learn. I really like the airbrush a a lot. This is the first thing I've done in bulk and the speed difference with it is incredible. I started a dark sword sea turtle pirate yesterday as well and loved using it to put down the base coats, it's just so super smooth. It's definitely a tool weapon in the arsenal to have. I already had a compressor, so picking up an airbrush wasn't a major expense. The biggest difficulty as been learning the proper paint consistency. I keep ending up too thin. 

• Like 2

Better too thin of paint than too thick, in general though. Can always add more later. 

• Like 1

OK more done here now that I'm back in town. Three more zombies.  Also getting closer. Three more zombie type folk and four heros before the big guy. 

IMG_20180111_230657234.jpg

IMG_20180111_230706296.jpg

Edited by rfusca
  • Like 6

OK, three more zombies done and calling it a night. Thank heavens for an airbrush and heat gun to speed some along. 

The heros will get a more involved paint job than the zombies and monsters, but even they don't have a ton of detail. 

IMG_20180112_005754228.jpg

All the zombies will likely get an extremely light dry brush as well. 

IMG_20180112_010255385.jpg

Only the heros, big monster, basing and varnish left. 

Edited by rfusca
  • Like 6

OK, one of the heros done. These are such low resolution models though, so there's not much to work with. 

IMG_20180112_152102262.jpg

IMG_20180112_152721552.jpg

Edited by rfusca
  • Like 5

These are looking great! They are definitely a PITA to put together and have some molding issues. The newer models, in the expansions, are higher quality if you get the chance to paint any of those.

• Like 1