buglips*the*goblin

End of Year Tally (13 months)

I'm up to 65.  It's been a slow year with multiple health issues. I might finish a couple more today or tomorrow. 

That Shadowrun feathered dragon is bigger than I expected. 

• Like 2

That's quite the assembly.

Im finishing up at around 55 this year, which is a personal best.  Looking forward to a productive 2018!

• Like 1

very nice buglips! 

elementals and feathered dragon are my favs from this distance. 

I managed 94 this year, one more than 2015.  20 more than last year. 

I am holding steady at 3 dragons a year,

• Like 1

OUTSTANDING! That is a SPLENDID array of BEAUTIFULLY painted creations. VERY WELL DONE, that Goblin!

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 1

Wow!  This is my first year in the hobby (I started in late Feb early March) and I think I finished around 20 or so, although I did paint DDS2 as well.  That is quite impressive!

• Like 1

Nice job!  I was just thinking that I must have painted a lot this year, but I think you have me beat!

• Like 1

Very nice.  I especially love the Tiamat piece. 

I just did some quick calculations of my output over the past year, and I figure I'm roughly in the 300+ range with commissioned work and my own stuff.  It kept me off the streets and out of trouble . . .

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 3:45 PM, 72moonglum said:

That's a healthy amount of stuff, plus some big things as well!

I only managed 3 of Lord Soth's Charge skeletal horsemen, though.  It's a highly repetitive boxed set, and I never got around to doing more.  I was hoping to knock the set out in 2017.

Takhisis's wings aren't airbrushed, by the way.  This is the first picture that really captures what they look like.  I don't know what I did, but I guess I did it right.

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 5:02 PM, Inarah said:

I'm up to 65.  It's been a slow year with multiple health issues. I might finish a couple more today or tomorrow. 

That Shadowrun feathered dragon is bigger than I expected. 

It is an absolute monster in lead, weighs a ton.  It will get redone sometime in the future, it's a piece that really needs 3 months of work and not 3 weeks.  It didn't turn out horrible, but it could be a lot better with more time put in. 

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 5:07 PM, Clearman said:

That's quite the assembly.

Im finishing up at around 55 this year, which is a personal best.  Looking forward to a productive 2018!

55 is great!  Up until last December my output was sparse.  I don't know what happened last December, I just started painting and then didn't stop. 

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 7:44 PM, Evilhalfling said:

very nice buglips! 

elementals and feathered dragon are my favs from this distance. 

I managed 94 this year, one more than 2015.  20 more than last year. 

I am holding steady at 3 dragons a year,

If there's anything you want to see close-ups of, I'll see if I can wrangle the camera into doing some work.  There are a fair few pieces in that shot I never did show-offs or WIPs for.  It'll zoom in a bit to see what's there, more or less.  Enough to describe and point out what you find interesting enough to see better shots of. 

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 6:51 AM, NecroMancer said:

Wow!  This is my first year in the hobby (I started in late Feb early March) and I think I finished around 20 or so, although I did paint DDS2 as well.  That is quite impressive!

20 is a fine and respectable number!  2017's output is a pretty unique haul for me, and I had to do 13 months because I couldn't differentiate between December and January.  It all kind of blurred together. 

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 11:30 AM, Mattnuke said:

Nice job!  I was just thinking that I must have painted a lot this year, but I think you have me beat!

As long as you're painting, you're winning.  Each one is a victory against The Great Heap! 

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 1:30 PM, Egg of Coot said:

Very nice.  I especially love the Tiamat piece. 

I just did some quick calculations of my output over the past year, and I figure I'm roughly in the 300+ range with commissioned work and my own stuff.  It kept me off the streets and out of trouble . . .

Absolutely incredible!  Now I have something to strive for in 2018! 

Thanks for all the likes and kind comments, it was a lot of fun cranking out this lot.  Now I don't feel guilty about buying more things off my substantial wishlist, because I have a shot at actually getting around to them! 

I was going to end with something inspirational, like "keep watching the skies".  But since we paint figures... I dunno... keep watching them dry? 

Just do it with enthusiasm. 

• Like 5