SGHawkins09

03439: Dicarus Darksword

I love the blue and green cape. It reminds me of a mineral sample with mixed azurite and malachite.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pingo said:

I love the blue and green cape. It reminds me of a mineral sample with mixed azurite and malachite.

10 hours ago, Pochi said:

So cute! I love your use of bright colors on him!

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Very good job!

8 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

That hood is awesome!  I love the colors!

7 hours ago, LarsM said:

The cloak is awsome!

2 hours ago, slash486 said:

Excellent job! I agree, the cloak looks really good. 

Thank you! The cloak was fun to do, only three colors were used but sadly I don’t recall which. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ManvsMini
      I painted these up about 6 months ago for my brother so he could surprise his players; he was running a small adventure for a group of people who hadn't played D&D before, and I wanted to help him get them to love the game. And nothing says "hey this game is awesome" more than when it has minis in it, and especially when those minis look like their character. They just finished their intro adventure this past weekend, so I thought I'd share.

Reaper Figs used:
      02926: Gungor, Half-Orc Monk
      77118: Tiviel, Hellborn Rogue
      77060: Dragonman Warrior
      77166: Balto Burrowell, Gnome Wizard

Apologies on the next pics, my brother took them and sent them to me via his phone, but didn't know much about the intricacies of photoing minis (I barely know more than he does):

The first two aren't anything super special; I had very little description to go off other than brown-hair halfling, and white dragonborn/black eyes. I did make the cloth purple on the dragonborn to make him match the hair on the upcoming tiefling since those players are a husband-wife duo in the real world.

The next figure I wish I could paint again, because I did some poor color choices with her shirt and skin; in the pics they look too similar, and they are. I'd redo the shirt, but not the green hotpants, because the player loved them.

This last one is my favorite, because I think he came out the best. He was the last one I painted, so a lot of the dust and cobwebs on my skill had been blown off. He's the only one that I was actually able to get a detailed character description of (steathily, because the minis were a surprise), so I didn't have to make up an entire scheme on my own (color scheme is the hardest part for me). Plus, the player said he had a mohawk, so I got to sculpt a faux-hawk on him.

Two regrets on him: the shadow color defining his muscles is too stark, wish I had gone with something a little lighter, and I'd redo his fauxhawk into a more spikey one.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with how they all turned out. They were the first ones I had done in several years, and the first ones I had done since my health problems snowballed; they were very much an "Am I able to still do this?" project. The fact that the players loved them, and wanted to keep them after they finished their adventure makes them all-the-more special to me (and they did get to keep them).

-MvM
    • By EldritchEladrin
      Recently finished up this mini for a 5e character I made recently (Wood Elf Rogue). The slot base connector snapped during the prep stage, so I decided to rebase the mini and add some leaves as custom terrain (painted birch seeds). 

• By Auberon
      My partner this time around was Aard who, in the usual forum fashion, had very broad wishes that in the end was narrowed down to rangers w/cloaks.  So I ordered an assortment of rangers and started painting one.  Then I opened one of the potential gifts and painted it too, so one less gift one more painted mini.  The first ranger is very green, so we'll call her the spring ranger, while the other is dressed in the latest fall fashion - the autumn ranger.  Also, bonus panther animal companion.

• By giyomuSan
      Hi guys and happy new year to all of you !
      Have to move place last year november so this get me away for a while from mini stuff , but I get back to it :D..
      I have couple reaper in the work , just finished with this guy.

• Who's Online   26 Members, 4 Anonymous, 250 Guests (See full list)