Chaoswolf

[SPLIT] CMoN orders

Woo-hoo! My first order from Dec 6th has shipped. And it claims everything ordered was included :bday:

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

The Wrath of Kings stuff that was an issue was the new sets that had just been releases. The Gorza Knights and the Nasier something or others. My original order had the Gorza Knights... which were not in stock, and are the other part ($35) of my refund.

1 minute ago, Keianna said:

Woo-hoo! My first order from Dec 6th has shipped. And it claims everything ordered was included :bday:

As an FYI, my original order claimed everything was included too... but sadly that was not the case.

• Like 3

My mom got an email that her order has shipped. 

I still have not, but at least one of us is doing okay!

• Like 12

So I got the following response to my question:

Hello,
I apologize for the delay in responding, and I understand your frustration and concerns.  We are not able to fill orders in numerical order as we have multiple people working on different types of orders to try to make the process faster.  We then have multiple people packing those said orders and then shipping those orders.  Since there are multiple areas in pulling, packing and shipping it is not possible for us to do it in numerical order.  We are working as fast as possible to get all orders processed and out the door.  We do apologize for all delays but your order will ship out as soon as possible.

Thank you,

CSR Cecilia

The actual question I asked was:

It is now 2018, and I still haven't seen my order. I saw some who ordered on November 30th and December 1st who already received their order. Why did they receive their order before mine was shipped? Why hasn't mine shipped yet? Why are orders being shipped out of order?

So I sort of understand now, but I do think they need to update their inventory system to this decade.

I posted my Q/A so that others could hear a little more about what's going on. This has calmed me down slightly...but I'm still going to launch into super complaint mode if February comes around and my minis aren't at my door.

Edited by Paradoxical Mouse
Apparently ENTER submitted. Removing irl name.
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Now I’m curious as to what order they are being filled, since numerically would seem to me to be the most logical order to do it in. Maybe a dart board? Random number generator?

• Like 4

seems like dartboard...

I have two orders, November 29th and December 1st, neither has had any movement

i'm glad people are getting shipping notifications but really does not make me happy to see people that ordered later than i did getting shipped before mine from November has been touched...

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 4

I get having different groups working on different orders, but you would think the most efficient way to do that would be to give each group a list, and how else would those lists be organized but numerically? Having different groups working on different orders could account for some orders being shipped slightly out of numerical order, but it doesn't explain the wild discrepancies we're seeing

I swear, the more I hear of things they're saying, the less I trust them

• Like 5

I think it's probably by department...and those of us who ordered things from multiple areas (which is likely many of the people on here) are probably waiting on the slowest department. So perhaps all the (for example) CMON Exclusive orders have been filled in numerical order, but the Larry Elmore Darksword orders are running behind. So, if you have a CMON + Larry Elmore Darksword, your order would ship slower than someone who has only a CMON. At least, that is my conjecture.

• Like 4

which just means, with their shoddy inventory organization, lots of us are probably going to get refunded items because the people that made small orders from one department will get hte last of them while the bigger order made earlier is done later, and thus refunded more =/

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

which just means, with their shoddy inventory organization, lots of us are probably going to get refunded items because the people that made small orders from one department will get hte last of them while the bigger order made earlier is done later, and thus refunded more =/

I'm just hoping individual departments are by time slot order...so maybe (from my example above) the CMON Exclusives are set aside in a box to wait for the other departments, and THEN the CMON only order is filled. But again, this is all just conjecture.

• Like 3

I ordered ONE mini, the Draconic Hunter on Dinosaur.

Also..International order..

29th November.

No shipping.

Still no response on my Paypal Dispute.

It's not that I would miss it a lot, it's the lack of communication that bothers me.

I have the feeling CMON doesn't respect it's customers.

That's why I filed a dispute and within two weeks it will become a claim for refund if I don't hear something personal and valid soon.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Not my business, but chiming in anyway.

Sometimes, people who order at a restaurant feel slighted when somebody who sat down after they did, gets their food first.

But it really all depends on what you order. Chicken, for instance, takes longer to cook. So does pork. And a table that has ordered a lot of extra stuff is going to get served later, especially when much of it is more complicated or takes longer to cook than what was ordered at the table next to it.

To the untrained eye, this seems like random disparity. "Hey! How come he got his first?!" But it's not at all.

Maybe what is happening here, is that this company is exercising a policy of cutting down on shipping costs by waiting for an order to be complete before sending it out, and this is further complicated by the differences between the orders, and the longer wait times that some naturally experience, while others do not.

That doesn't excuse a lack of communication or a lack or preparation in general. But it's helpful to consider how things get staged, and why. Saves you some gray hairs.

• Like 5

There is a difference. In a restaurant, you are not going to order a meal, and have someone else order the exact same meal after you did, and then have them get the mea first and a waiter come up to you to day ‘sorry We just ran out’

they had a listed inventory in their store that was apparently wrong, meaning there is not enough of some things to go to everyone that bought them

in that situation, you would think those that ordered first, at times a week or more first, would have their orders filled first and thus get what they ordered. Instead we face the prospect of being refunded on items so that someone that ordered later gets it instead

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Now I’m curious as to what order they are being filled, since numerically would seem to me to be the most logical order to do it in. Maybe a dart board? Random number generator?

Why dice of course can & apparently not the familiar shapes we are all accustomed to either (d13s, d19, etc etc). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2