Chaoswolf

[SPLIT] CMoN orders

Hat Shop Boss gets twitchy when an item isn't out within 24 hrs of ordering. Each shop has perhaps half a dozen employees. During summer and cyber Monday sales, we had to check web orders every 30mins and box a few things. CMON probably got more orders than us, and each box has more items.... but they gotta suck it up at some point. Especially with the poor communication. 

This is worse than Pokemon Go release. 

• Like 8

Only placed one order with one item with CMON.

Nothing yet.

I paid with Paypal, so I can always get a refund if they don't deliver.

I will give them moar time, but If it takes too long I will contact them.

In any case, this is my first order with them.

Might be the last too depending on how it goes.

• Like 3

On 12/22/2017 at 9:27 PM, Green Eyed Monster said:

I've spent a couple of hours off and on today trying to place an inquiry about my own order and their web page keeps blowing me off by either resetting and loosing all the information I have entered or captcha refuses to admit that I am not a robot.

This was my first order with them and if I don't see some real Customer Service soon it will be my last.

GEM

I was at a website the other day and it took me half an hour of clicking on pictures containing cars and road signs before it would believe that I was a real boy.

• Like 3

On 12/24/2017 at 4:36 AM, redambrosia said:

Wow, I'm glad I didn't look at that CMON sale. I really hope y'all get your stuff :unsure:

Yeah, based on the experiences of others, I think any orders I make will be direct from the manufacturer or use places like Noble Knight.

• Like 4

I dropped CMON a note.

I will give them a month..( I'm very friendly..<_<) then I will file a dispute through Paypal.

• Like 6

I was hesitant to order from CMON because they used to have a perfectly awful reputation for fulfilment and service, but there was something on sale that DH *really* wanted, and there were still 3 weeks until Christmas.  I got the email saying they accepted my payment, and nothing since.  They are a small operation so I hope it is just a case of getting overwhelmed, and I have hope, but still not happy about it.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I dropped CMON a note.

I will give them a month..( I'm very friendly..<_<) then I will file a dispute through Paypal.

if i don't get my things shipped or even a response to my emails within that time frame, i will do the same. By then it will have been 2 months since i placed the order (the 1 month marker is a few days away)

• Like 3

I dunno if I will join on the gimme-a-refund train eventually. If it goes on too long, I should. Might give it a bit longer, because gosh darnit, I want those items. Talked to my mom today - she's also getting twitchy. She pretty much was counting on never having to go present shopping for years after this. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I dropped CMON a note.

Well techincally I've given them a month for the 1st order. I'll give em the holidays before sending a "Where's my stuff?" email.

• Like 3

CMON had shipped 1/4 of the orders I made (the sleepy stupor order). One item wasn't in box and was marked with an R. 

I just got an email that the $2.40 was refunded on that order today, instead of when it was shipped. 

So.... they're doing something? But where are the other 3/4? And why did the $2.40 take a week to process? 

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

CMON replied to my "double eww tee eff - can I get an update" message (which was sent on the 22nd). 

"We've experienced unusually high response due to the nature of the sale, but are working to get the orders out as fast as we can. The response was orders of magnitude greater than we anticipated due to the depth of discounts, the breadth of products on offer, and the enthusiasm of gamers across the globe. We regret any inconveniences or hard feelings created by what was a good intention on our part and we hope you can forgive the delays as we work through this." 

The message also includes "Your request #____ has been solved". Uhh.... no it hasn't. It got a reply. It isn't solved until I'm able to paint the stuff. 

No kidding about this was orders of magnitude greater than they anticipated. Still, I'd be more impressed by literal snails fulfilling orders right now. Would even be nice if they went "you are #546 in line on orders to box up, and we can do 8 boxes per hour - it will be a while but we got it". But nope. 

*grump*

Edit: Doing some back of envelope sort of calculation. Assuming 5 people at CMON, and 1 person can box up 2 orders per hour, at 2000 orders, they'd be working for ~4 weeks to get everything out. However, I suspect that they have more than 5 people there, and a lot more than 2000 orders. With good organization, they should be able to do even a moderate size order in less than half an hour. If everything is in a heap, they'll take longer. And then returns processing can be a pain. At the hat shop, the web order system is godawful slow; the computer portion takes a minute or two per shipment due to being a friggin' slug. So add that part in - computer hassles and returns. But a return shouldn't be *that* bad. So if each order needs a refund somewhere, add in 5 minutes.... 

10 employees takes 2000 orders to 2 weeks. Back to 4 weeks with 4000 orders. Fine, let's go to 6 weeks with 6000 orders. Dunno - is that a decent guess as to how many orders went in, or am I severely under-estimating it? 

Stalked them a bit on LinkedIn: 37 of their employees on there, 9 of whom are in GA (where things ship from). So my 10 person estimate isn't too shabby, I guess. Might be even more; Inc.com lists them with 20 employees in GA (in 2014). 

General Arithmetic Conclusion: They should be closer to finished shipping than they are, unless I am off by an order of magnitude too. 

Edited by Cyradis
  • Like 6

What if they’ve left one guy on packing while everyone else is off looking after Kickstarter and other business....

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Beagle said:

What if they’ve left one guy on packing while everyone else is off looking after Kickstarter and other business....

Then we might get Bones 4 first. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7