Disciple of Sakura

Bones 3 Ogres and Command

"In the distance a low rumble cascades through the open forest. You can feel the atmosphere shift... death is in the air."

Well done on these. I can feel the rumble of the ground and hear the crack of a tree as these guys march into battle.

They are a DELIGHTFUL Band of Brutish Thugs, WONDERFULLY painted & based. VERY WELL DONE!

13 hours ago, malefactus said:

They are a DELIGHTFUL Band of Brutish Thugs, WONDERFULLY painted & based. VERY WELL DONE!

I first read that as "band of British Thugs" and was wondering if I'd somehow included a Union Jack somewhere...

• Like 1

On 1/1/2018 at 11:21 PM, Guyscanwefocusplease said:

These are great. I love your painting style... The brush use reminds me of impressionist painters. Do you use a wet palette?

I don't, honestly. I just drop out the paint onto my painting mat and work from there, or paint directly from the pot in non-dropper bottles. I think my painting area is more acrylic than cloth anymore. :lol:

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Disciple of Sakura
      I painted this guy a while ago, and as soon as it was previewed in the Kickstarter, I was reminded of Slade from the old Teen Titans cartoon. His design worked really well as a basis for the paint scheme here.

The pictures were taken on the painting table, as I never really got around to taking some in the photo booth, unfortunately. 

• By Edsterdoom
      Here is another semi WIP thread for another Bones 3 model. My youngest son had painted him in a nice coat of ultramarine blue and had left him. I then have the fun task of finishing it  off to some reasonable level. 

So so after a couple of coats green and some dry brushing I got to this stage. 

I am actually really happy how this turned out. I am not sure I would have attempted the blue under the green, but it seems to work well. Anyway onto the base, didn't realise how much detail it had.  

As always comments welcome. 
    • By Kev!
      Howdy,

I guess it's time to show this one...

Thanks for the feedback,
      Kev!

P.S. The pattern is inspired by the natural coloration of the coral snake.
    • By jtkimmel
      I finished this up right at Christmas to give to a friend as a gift. This is the first dragon I've ever painted (though I have been painting historical stuff for many, many years). It was certainly a learning experience, painting a dragon is not like painting a WW2 tank, and if I had been smart I would have done one for myself first as a test but time was of the essence and I was glad I finished it in time.

I picked purple because its one of my friend's favorite colors, and was pleased to find there are actually purple dragons in fantasy, called Deep Dragons. I bought the Royal Purples triad from Reaper and used Imperial Purple as the main color and shaded and highlighted the scales with the Nightshade and Amethyst purples. The crest was painted with Coal Black from the holiday set before highlighting with the purples. The chest was a mix of Amethyst and Imperial purple. I added the blue gems on the chest late after seeing some other examples of Kyphrixis on these forums that had the gems painted.

The wings in the photos are the third attempt at painting them, the first two versions I did not like. The first try was the base purple with a mottling of ivory. I was hoping to get a translucent look but it didn't work. Then I painted them Terran Khaki with the Ivory mottling to get a parchment look but that didn't look right either. I was going to repaint them in the base colors but wondered what they would like if I just covered the Khaki/Ivory with Army Painter Purple Tone. Two coats of the Purple Tone and I liked how it looked. I spray dullcoated him but the wings still have a bit a sheen from the Purple Tone.

The rock base was painted charcoal then drybrushed with various greys and tans and the wood base is something I picked up at the craft store which was stained and varnished before the plastic base was glued on.

I definitely learned a lot painting him and look forward to painting the rest of the dragons I got in Bones 3.

• By Disciple of Sakura
      I got around to painting the Bones 3 Stoneskull expansion "Jungle Titan" a few months back, figured I'd post him up. I wasn't sure on color palette, but then I remembered he was referred to as a "Kaiju" during the KS, and decided to crib the colors from Pacific Rim (or "Awesome Dumb Robot Movie") for the palette, and I think it came out pretty well. His base includes the fallen pillar from Bones 77363 Deva and some clay. 

• Who's Online   5 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)