Disciple of Sakura

77593: Fire Giant Jailor as Horned Devil

The color combo on this guy is on point. I really like him. 

He almost gives me this vibe of "Get off my lawn" but in giant tongue. ::D:

Edited by Arc 724
  • Like 1

This is one really cool conversion. I hope he spits fiery acid in game, and I piety the players that cross him.

Edited by Jeepnewbie

Whaaaat.. that is a cool paintjob, I really like that style of painting.

..and a cool conversion :0)

Edited by LarsM

Fantastic, I really love this sculpt I painted him myself recently but yours is so much more coolness wth the wings sir

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Geoff Davis
      The thing I like about WIP forums is the additional motivation it gives me to get projects done.  I've been working on this one for a while and have been horrifically stalled.  I was playing a fighter in a D&D campaign.  She started as a crossbow wielder.

But because the party had no tank, she had to armour-up to survive.  And she got a horse.

Then I sensibly figured that she should ride the horse... so a conversion began.  But then of course the character got killed and motivation dropped to, well, zero.  Here is the story of that conversion, as yet incomplete, but which I intend to finish.  No longer will she sit on my shelf of shame. 

I bought another Finari to desecrate convert.  I also got this figure to provide the horse/lower torso.   14177: Onyx Chevalier,Overlords Solo

Torso severed preserving her belt.  Sword was removed preserving the hilt and shield removed.  It took me quite a while to decide where to cut and what to preserve.

All the parts fitted and laid out for assembly.  After fitting them together I realized the sword on the saddle just wouldn't work so I removed it and made a new one out of greenstuff using the preserved hilt I removed in the first step.

Primed and base-coated.  And moved from the shelf of shame to the front of the 'must complete' row.

• By Lyssa
      Hi, my name is Lyssa and this is my first time having the guts to post a mini on here. 

She’s not my first mini ever, but one of my rare few humanoids. She’s a pc for my fiancee in our new Star Wars campaign started. She also requested that the white markings be obviously painted on similar to The Clone Wars show. 

Also my first completed mini of 2k18!

• By JGroeling
      Conversion post w Sculpt WIP
      WIP post. 

This was originally Bones #77202 that I'd ordered a while back and started sculpting on. Had gotten the sculpt finished a couple months ago between other projects, and have slowly been adding paint since. 

He's a bit on the dirty looking sode, which is alright as that's what I was going for. Wanted to give him a trail worn look. Added some more coloration and softened things up more than I had originally planned, but I think it worked out. 

Also, there's a faint detail of blood drops on the front of the base below the Warg's head. As I wanted to add the feeling that they were on the hunt, with the pose and the paint. 

• By Limey72
      This was a lot of fun to paint and I am really happy with the NMM but I feel the OSL missed the mark.  It's not something I am familiar with and I need practice.  But here's my jailor watts and all

• By Chaoswolf
      Sir Danel (this fellow here:  https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/sir danel/latest/14226 )  got Bones-ified way back in Bones 2. With a couple changes. In metal, he has a lance and sword. In Bones, he was supposed to have a sword and shield. Somewhere along the way, a blunder happened. His Bones version is all goofed up. His left hand, holding the sword, is attached to his right arm, and his left arm just ends in a stump, no hand (there is a shield, though). There has been talk of correcting the mistake so that he can be marketed, but to the best of my knowledge this is still in the works.

I am going to try to show you how easy it is to 'rescue' your copy of Sir Danel (if you backed Bones 2; he's not currently for sale, for obvious reasons), and hopefully convince you to give it a try.

...and I'm already off to a bad start, as I don't have any pictures of the figure before I start making changes to it. I had already started cutting before the thought occurred to me that other folks might find this interesting/useful.

First off, let's cut off his left hand.

Ok, now lets get rid of that sword. (At this point, you need to make a decision: do you want him holding the sword, or the shield? I went with shield. If you choose to have him keep the sword, you'd need to carefully bend the shield away from his arm, and cut through the attaching point. If you're careful, you can save the shield to use on somebody else).

Ok, here we go. Be very, very careful cutting between the crosspiece of the sword hilt and the top of his hand; if you're not, you're going to need to resculpt some fingers.

Now, there is a small attaching nub on the stump of the left arm; slice that off so that you have a flat surface to mate the left hand with. Trim both the left arm and the left hand until you have a good fit, then glue the pieces together.

Now, look for a suitable hand/weapon combo to put on the right arm. Here, I took the hammer/hand from 77089: Halbarand, cleric.

And he's all set to go forth and smite some evil! I have a few more copies of this figure, which I'll be converting, so I'll show you the conversions as I do them.

I hope that this inspires someone to rescue Sir Danel and then paint him up. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

...or, I'll go ahead and show you some of them now, since I goofed up the pictures somehow...

Here, I used the hand and sword from Almaran the gold, 77058.
      You can also see where I wasn't quite careful enough and needed to fill a gap with some green stuff.

I'm not sure who I got the hand and sword from, as I did this one at Reapercon.
      At this point, I figured I didn't want to have a bunch of differently armed clones, so I started doing head swaps, as well. This head is a Games Workshop bit, from their 'Empire' line.

Here is the beginnings of another one; you can see where I'm going to need a little green stuff on his left arm. I've also (carefully) cut off his head and drilled a hole to accommodate the neck of whatever piece I decide to put there. You can also see the beginnings of the right hand/weapon swap. That is a hand from a GW Chaos Warrior.

• Who's Online   5 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)