AEdge

Dub Bullock, Thorvald and Baeldrinahr

Real life takes precedence, don't feel bad about taking a break from the forums.

I like the blue armor. If you do try it again I suggest the Templar Blue Triad (9055-9057), I think it makes for very nice blue nmm. If only I could pull it off.

They all look great, I always enjoy seeing your work.

• Like 1

All of them are incredible.  I think the blue armor gives some nice distinction between the plate armor and the more typically steel color of the scale skirt/cloak.

• Like 1

Amazing!! I love them all!  That blue armor is so awesome!  I might have to steal that idea although I doubt I could make it look as nice. 

• Like 1

Wow, I don't know if I have seen your work before. It's impressive.

I also like the blue armor and would suggest the ritterlich blue triad, it's kind of steely (see my avatar).

Is that TMM I see?

• Like 1

On 1/4/2018 at 5:53 PM, Guyscanwefocusplease said:

Wow, I don't know if I have seen your work before. It's impressive.

I also like the blue armor and would suggest the ritterlich blue triad, it's kind of steely (see my avatar).

Is that TMM I see?

Thank you! 

Yes that is TMM. I often alternate between that and NMM. Sometimes even on the same mini. 

• Like 1

I think the blue armor really works. If nothing else you could always use the tournament excuse and wanting to look good.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SirLarpsAlot
      Painted this guy up to act as our dwarven barbarian for some Adventurers League gaming at an upcoming con.
      Messing around with skin tones. I may go back and add some tattoos before I finish coating him with varnish (he's got one coat of gloss right now). Am not sure what to put on him, other than maybe the rune for anger.

• By Pochi
      Cute little dwarf from Bones 3. I painted her up to look like my priest in World of Warcraft. She is adorable! I still need to practice black hair but I like how she turned out and she is for kicking elf on the table so she's good to go. I practiced doing some plaid on her top. She also has a little bottle strapped to her waist. Is it a healing potion? Poison? Or just wine? Who will try it and find out?

• By Chris Palmer
         With our upcoming Ghost Archipelago campaign less than two months away, I thought I would start introducing the crew I plan to use, as I get the figures painted up.  
         I'll  start with are my Heritor (Reaper 77044 Turanil, Male Elf paladin) and Warden (03415 Lanura Windsong, Elf Wizard).    We decided for our initial GA test game, which we are having after our December Frostgrave campaign game, that we would roll randomly for Heritor abilities.  I got an interesting assortment, and depending on how things go during the test game, I just may keep them.  For the Wardens we choose whatever Branch and Spells we wanted.   

I've had in mind wanting to use these two figures, so I decided to go with a crew of Elves.  The figures I'm using for my Heritor and Warden were already painted, so given the color scheme I had used for Warden's figure I deiced to go with a Vine Warden.

Heritor:  Lord Hytieral Fortrywn-   Retired from a lengthy military career to enjoy his wealth and his laurels. Powerful. Landholder. Doesn’t tolerate fools.  Not happy that his younger step-sister has out-maneuvered him into taking her daughter,  his niece, along with him to act as his Warden.  She says it will be good for the girl to have experience in the world; he finds the young magic-user barely tolerable, and the fact she isn’t a true wizard is an embarrassment.  

Daze- 3
      Evade-5
      Stand Firm- 5
      Surge- 5
      Disarm-5

So I think the Daze is going to be interesting as the main ability.  Apparently this guy is so formidable looking as he twirls his sword around acrobatically, that enemies just kind of freeze up when they see him. The other abilities I think fall in nicely with someone who was a professional soldier.

Warden: Marnilyne Dewdrisane-  Young. Impetuous. Curious. Argumentative. Naïve. In awe of her uncle, and a little scared of him; but also terribly excited to be a part of the adventure ahead.  

Brambles
      Plant Walk
      Warp Weapon
      Summon Animal  Changed to: Water of Life after the test game we played.

I chose Summon Animal as my out-of-school spell, as I've learned from Frostgrave that having an extra figure to command can make a real difference.  Also, I saw this Warden as being generally loving, and being connected to, all living things, plant or animal.  
         During our test game, I became aware of how beneficial having Water of Life was when I watched as my opponent constantly was able to heal his Heritor during the battle, while mine slowly was worn down to half strength.

• By 72moonglum
      Hi all and happy new year!

Here are two figures I recently finished that Ral Partha has re-released, a ranger and a female fighter.  The ranger was sculpted by Jim Johnson and the fighter was Bob Olley.  Fun figures to paint, kind of bulky and a larger scale than the old Partha stuff I'm usually working on.

and just for fun, I took a close up of the lady's face, because it always seems to happen that when a character has something raised over his head, the detail becomes smaller because your picture is so much higher:

Anyhow, really enjoyed painting these figures, loads of fun, full of personality and a good hefty size.  And they're metal, which is another plus for me!

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      It took longer than I expected to get these guys done, but I'm happy with how they came out. They're part of the Warhammer Battle for Skull Pass set that I bought in 2007.

The base is a bit uneven as when I glued down the back of a blister pack for the stonework it split open and I covered it in with gravel. In the future I'm going to have to use something else as it really didn't register as "stone" to my eye, but the cannon covers most of it at least.

The powder barrel is a small Reaper bones barrel I've had for awhile, the cannon balls are 25mm airsoft ammo and the coffee pot is from an old Marx toy factory dollhouse set. Vastly overscale until one thinks about the thirst of the average dwarf! I had the idea of adding some thing for each dwarf, ammo for the hauler, gun powder for the engineer, and coffee for the swabber with the mug. 

The aforementioned gap filling. Base of craft paint Pavement with Stormy Gray and Rainy Gray drybrushed over it.

The crew in Maxwell House colors. The swabber looks to be well on his way to caffinated bliss!

• Who's Online   4 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)