Generic Fighter

New Year, New GOALS!!!(Jan. 2018 Hobby Goals)

On 1/1/2018 at 7:23 PM, WhiteWulfe said:

Why not join in.  I'm new here, but on the other hand I like the vibe this place has, and doubly so just how friendly and encouraging it is.

For Q1...

• Set up a dedicated miniatures workspace.  Painting at my gaming area gets too cramped, way too quickly
  • Pick up the Learn to Paint Kits, as well as additional paints from Reaper, and maybe other companies too ---LTPK's acquired Jan 5th, 2018!
  • Regain the "courage" I had fifteen years ago to just paint, and not worry about this or that (or, in other words, paint, and learn while doing such) (And I've even built up a bit of a balance on the "it's good enough" versus "keep fixing it!" mentalities, I feel)
  • Join the Rainbow Dragon challenge --- Joined, hubby joined as well, and my dragon and paints are in, hubby's to be ordered still

For 2018...

• Pick up a "handful" of miniatures from various companies (Hordes Two Player Battle Box and a dozen or so Reaper Bones minis effectively counts imo)
  • Start a few Nefsokar and Koborlas minis, because I like the look of them (I picked up two Nefsokar minis on my laster order, and the past two orders have had gnolls alongside the Minotaurs, so I'm counting it)
  • Pick up some CAV miniatures because 'mechs.

I might to think of a few new ones at some point *laughs nervously*  Pretty much just the set up dedicated paint area and pick up some CAV minis....  Both of which should be happening soon.  Desk is next month, just working on figuring out precisely where it'll be going, and the CAV minis I suspect will be ordered at some point in the next few months, quite possibly the starter kits with rules, but I haven't thought that far ahead on it all.

I strongly suspect that "get all of my Catachans basecoated" is going to be making it's way onto my list soon, alongside "build and paint a squad, or even two, of Skaven"

• Like 3

On 1/27/2018 at 1:38 PM, SparrowMarie said:

Stuff got added on that I have to do by Feb. 3rd.

• Lini, Iconic Gnome Druid
  • Behir
  • Amiri, Iconic Barbarian
  • Tiik Champion
  • Battleguard Golem
  • Nolzur's Griffon

If I can get painting tomorrow I /should/ be able to get it done in 5 days if I can stick to it.

Game got cancelled so I have until Feb. 23rd to get the rest of these done. 

• Like 3

On 1/1/2018 at 8:01 AM, Evilhalfling said:

Finish painting Bone 2 core set.  

- 32 remaining 

Edit: oh this is just january.  um 

get phoenix to table quality, but then keep working. (a bit) 

4 from bones 2 core 

also completed 

5 survivors from Kingdom Death 

3 terrain markers for KD.

• Like 4

Did not finish anything, but I have made some progress on Mal aka Tiamat.

Edited by Citrine
Spelling
  • Like 3