Thes Hunter

Getting to Know You, Jan 2018

2 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Taking over for  Thes today: 

Sunday, January 14 is National Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day.  Do you plan to indulge?  If you are not in the US, do you enjoy a pastrami sandwich? 

Interesting event day.  Probably won't, but now I'm tempted to try some as I don't recall ever having pastrami...  Probably have had some, but I don't recall. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Sunday, January 14 is National Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day.  Do you plan to indulge?  If you are not in the US, do you enjoy a pastrami sandwich? 

I rarely plan to celebrate all these silly little "National X Day" things. I mean, I like pastrami, but I'm not going out of my way to get one. I'll also be traveling a decent part of the day as I will be coming back into town -- though I will be in Chicago at the start so there's a non-zero chance of happening across one.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Pastrami is nasty :blink:

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Inarah said:

I was unaware, but now? Solid maybe!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

Nah, I don't care much for cured and preserved meat like pastrami.  Something about it just feels less fulfilling.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

Dutch, so I was unaware.

Not really a Pastrami fan, I prefer Bacon or Salami.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

LOVE Hot Pastrami. A real hot pastrami sandwich from a real kosher deli is something I haven't had  in a very long time.

Living in Texas, that will probably become an even longer time.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Inarah said:

I had never had pastrami for the longest time, but once I got some I loved it at first taste. Now for some unfathomable reason, none of the stores here carries it in packages anymore. Except for the abomination that is turkey pastrami.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Pastrami - I like it but it's far surpassed by other sandwich fillings, consequently I only ever seem to have it at conferences or business meetings.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Inarah said:

I love pastrami, but it's hard to get around these parts.

Not had hot pastrami though, it sounds intriguing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Inarah said:

I was also unaware, but now I will keep it in mind as a possibility if I find myself out and about on Sunday.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Inarah said:

I love me a good hot pastrami sandwich with Russian Dressing, Sauer Kraut, and Swiss cheese.

I'll have to see if the local pizza place will make me a pastrami and yellow mustard pizza...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Inarah said:

Oh broccoli NO. 

I do not like pastrami. It is in the weirdly fatty meats category. I am uninterested. 

• Like 2

Thanks again Inarah.

Why I do it before bed... I usually remember. :lol: Didn't until well into the work day. Probably because giving my first presentation since being back to work.

Jan 10th.

What is your most interesting story involving public speaking?

(Pick a story where you were the speaker, but if you have none of those that are interesting, then one of someone else speaking is great as well.)

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

Thanks again Inarah.

Why I do it before bed... I usually remember. :lol: Didn't until well into the work day. Probably because giving my first presentation since being back to work.

Jan 10th.

What is your most interesting story involving public speaking?

(Pick a story where you were the speaker, but if you have none of those that are interesting, then one of someone else speaking is great as well.)

Somewhere online there is a video of me in zombie makeup, on top of a picnic table, leading a chant of "Infect! Consume! Destroy!!" to a horde of zombies, rallying us for our upcoming battle with the humans. 

There's a reason I was known as The Zombie Queen :zombie: I wasn't the fastest. I wasn't the sneakiest. I didn't get the most kills personally. I did however have the ability to gather the biggest horde and coordinate them into absolutely demolishing the humans. And I wore my own wisdom teeth tied to my headband for extra creepiness. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 3