Thes Hunter

Getting to Know You, Jan 2018

Hm. Tough. Every city I've really wanted to visit, I HAVE visited.

Maybe Paris, I guess. Never been there, and I hear they have lovely architecture...

I used to want to visit Lake Geneva, Wisconsin...

Edited by Dr.Bedlam
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Jan 13th.

Pick a city anywhere in the world that you haven’t been to, but is top on your bucket list. Then say why. :)

I have visited a lot of cities.

Still, I'd like to visit Australia and New Zealand and Canada one day, not sure which city..

I do want to go to Florence Italy once, I want to see the Medici Bridge.

• Like 3

Between the wife and I we've got  a long list of places to visit. Her #1 is Paris even though she's been there twice. For myself I'm not sure. I like nature better than cities but don't mind visiting cities. Probably Edinburgh or York. Heard they've both got lots of history from the vikings and middle ages.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Jan 13th.

Pick a city anywhere in the world that you haven’t been to, but is top on your bucket list. Then say why. :)

I personally would like to spend (at least) one night in Bangkok. 

Because I want to experience the bars, and temples and massage parlors, and maybe feel an angel slide up next to me. 

(Ha ha, kidding aside, I find Thai food amazing, and love the Thai architecture, so I want to go experience Thailand.)

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, aku-chan said:

New York.

No particular reason for the why though.

Coal fired pizza and times square come to mind.  I want to go there just for a slice of pizza, and to stop in at Sam the Record man... ^_^;;;

1 hour ago, NomadZeke said:

Not a city but NZ as a whole, see the places where they filmed for Lord of the Rings...I don't care too much for big cities though, too people-y

Oh man, New  Zealand is sooo gorgeous, and there is a lot more to see than just Hobbitton.  3D mazes on the south island, the glow worm caves, so many awesome museums, epic several hundred food drops off the side of your car while driving (but man, the forests in them are absolutely GORGEOUS!), black sand beaches, beautiful volcano(s), the wonderful experience that is Rotorua (just ignore the sulphur, you'll ignore it eventually, but their natural parks there are insanely beautiful).... 

I've never been to Hobbitton, but then again, they hadn't started filming when I last visited (although it seems to be the main thing so many ask if I've been to see when they hear I spent a few weeks in New Zealand..) 

.... If I could choose a country, it would be Japan.  I want to spend a few days visiting Akihabara, and then a few weeks checking out the various old temples and castles... 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Jan 13th.

A city? Hmm. Usually I think of countries or mountain ranges. 

Uhh... Coober Pedy in Australia. It is the aboriginal phrase for "white man in a hole" supposedly. Town got the name from colonists going there to dig opals. I like opals. 

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Jan 13th.

I have to pick just one? I'm going to steal @Pezler the Polychromatic's answer because I'd love to go to Reapercon. Otherwise there's about a thousand other places I want to go to and can't pick just one off the top of my head. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Jan 13th.

I'm going to change the rules...

City: Edinburgh, Scotland. I have been there before, but there was so much to see/do that I missed while I was there, I want to go back.

Other than that, I'd rather pick a country; cities don't do a whole lot for me. So, I pick Australia and New Zealand simply because I've never been to either one.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Unlike Chaoeswolf, I will follow the rules.  I've been to plenty of great places, but as far as a city I haven't been to, I would have to say Dublin.  Per family lore, I'm Irish on both sides (how much I don't know because we are mutts) and that is the ethnicity that I most identify with.  I've been to both Scotland and England, but not to Ireland.  Plus, visiting the Guiness brewery is definitely on my bucket list.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If I had to pick one city, I suppose it's be Cork, Ireland. It's where my father's family is from, and both my father and brother have been there.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Jan 13th.

I've been fortunate enough to travel to a lot of nice places, despite being someone who doesn't look to travel in particular.  When I do choose to travel, it's usually to go to specific events, and since most of the other ones that I'd be interested in happen in cities that I've been to already, I'll follow the lead of some of the previous posters and say Denton, TX for Reapercon.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Jan 13th.

London. I hear they have civilization there.

• Like 2

On 1/11/2018 at 11:34 PM, Thes Hunter said:

Jan 12th. 

Will you you watch the Winter Olympics, and if so which sports?

Not live.  I may watch highlights of ice skating and Hockey, but the NHL is being dumb this year.

19 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Jan 13th.

My bucket list includes a great deal of world travel.  I really like to visit architecturally and artistically interesting places with friendly people.

Paris. 

• Like 2

Jan 14th.

Remember those goals from Monday? What progress did you make?

(Didn't make goals on Monday, make some for this week.)

(Also, if you didn't make all your goals, no problem. Just list what got in your way, and what you are going to do about reducing/removing that in the future.)

• Like 3

On 1/12/2018 at 11:39 PM, Thes Hunter said:

Jan 13th.

When I was a boy/young man I read Michener's Tales of the South Pacific. Through the rest of my life I dreamed of sailing the South Pacific. I know I never will, but the dream persists.

The bucket is now too close to write lists. AND I just as soon not think about it.

• Sad 2