Thes Hunter

Getting to Know You, Jan 2018

I need to answer my own question sometime. Lol!

I have finished some boxes and barrels. 

However, 0 skeletons finished. 

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 7

WEDNESDAY- (I needed to remind myself cause I kept thinking it was Monday or a Tuesday.) 

Jan 24th, 

Today is HUMP Day! And for a reason... I associate it with Tacos. Even though it is not Tuesday, and tacos are for Tuesday. 

Do you have any food you associate with a particular day of the week? (Especially hump day.) 

If so why?

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

WEDNESDAY- (I needed to remind myself cause I kept thinking it was Monday or a Tuesday.) 

Jan 24th, 

Today is HUMP Day! And for a reason... I associate it with Tacos. Even though it is not Tuesday, and tacos are for Tuesday. 

Do you have any food you associate with a particular day of the week? (Especially hump day.) 

If so why?

Whopper Wednesday, because overpriced burger not so much on that day....  Wednesday is also cheap wing night at a lot of places, although most in town seem to think cheap means a quarter each.... :p

Rib Saturday I suppose, because we usually go out on Saturdays and I enjoy ribs?  I dunno. 

• Like 6

These days, food on Saturday is pretty much the same as food on any other day. However, when I was younger, I did not generally eat on Saturdays. I drank, instead. So I'd associate "Saturday" with "stacks and stacks of beer."

Nowadays, I suppose I think of Sunday mornings as being a breakfasty sort of thing... waffles, muffins, cinnamon rolls, and so forth.

• Like 5

I don't associate any particular days with food, but snow storms make me want to order pizza for some reason.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

The ‘Jewish’ Hospital I worked at served tacos on Wednesday. It was the best day out of all their free food days. 

Sometines the fish on Fridsy wasn’t bad.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Thes Hunter said:

WEDNESDAY- Jan 24th, 

If so why?

Recently I have established an eat healthy Tuesday habit. This was today’s attempt:

795FD16A-CA7F-4713-B12A-87D1105B0EE7.thumb.jpeg.406d5fb7942063056397b9796261b04b.jpeg

• Like 14

6 hours ago, Beagle said:

With the exception of buying and selling some bits on EBay I have done no ‘game/miniatures hobbying’ In about 2 years. Although I have painted a couple of vintage figures

probably begs the question as to why I frequent these boards.

Most likely to prevent the forums from devolving into rampant colonialism.

2 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Jan 24th, 

If so why?

KFC was always Toonie Tuesday here, but then they changed it to $2.22 Toonie Twos-day, and then they charged $3 bucks and still called it Toonie Tuesday, for some strange reason.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

There's a little Italian take-out place named Eleni's next to the Book Barn in Niantic, CT. They make obscenely good grinders, and they're freakin' huge - it's only $8 for a 14-inch tuna grinder, and they're not that flat, skinny Subway crap, either... These are old-school Mom-and-Pop-style things you could club somebody unconscious with if they tried to take it from you.

Whenever I've been working down in that general area, Friday is always Grinder Day, as I'd get out of work and then go hit the Book Barn and then get myself a grinder.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

WEDNESDAY, Jan 24th, 

If so why?

Not really, aside from restaurant promotions. Like, at Shari's Wednesday is free pie day.

I really need to find out which Shari's my ex-sister-in-law is working at so I don't go there on accident...

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Jan 24th, 

If so why?

At our house, for reasons having to do with rehearsal schedules and commute times, it has worked out that Tuesday is almost always grilled chicken salad day. It’s healthy and we can get it done quickly when we walk in...

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Jan 24th, 

If so why?

The day of the week seems to be in question with me all the time...I can blame it being old though.

Personally days & dishes aren't linked, but, according to old commercials, Wednesday was Prince Spaghetti Day in Boston.

The commercial had some pleasant looking Italian Lady leaning out the window calling "Anthony!"...I imagine she wanted him to come in for dinner.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I need to answer my own question sometime. Lol!

I have finished some boxes and barrels. 

However, 0 skeletons finished. 

Best work on them soon, before they riot and come after you...

Jan 24th, 

If so why?

When I was in the Navy and we were at sea Friday was always sliders (hamburgers) day.

Other than that, no.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Jan 24th, 

If so why?

I eat what I want , when I want it!

Although in the Netherlands we have a commercial induced Wednesday...

WOENSDAG GEHAKTDAG!  ( Wednesday Ground Beef day )

image.png.5dcdc912f5ab673c0c44d62959cd0e89.png

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Best work on them soon, before they riot and come after you...

When I was in the Navy and we were at sea Friday was always sliders (hamburgers) day.

Other than that, no.

Most of my food/day correlations were Navy based as well.  Tuesday's were Tacos,  Wednesdays usually pasta, Friday was slider day, and Saturday for midrats (or before pulling in) was pizza night. 

• Like 7