VolksFest

Northstar Skeletons

Wonderful Job, and you choice of blue for the scabbard was a surprise enhancement.

Appreciate the slow development of the deep reds with that nice dark shadow in folds.

Excellent work.

Jay

• Thanks 1

These look great. Currently painting up some Skeltons so appreciate your work! I also just noticed how you painted the nicks in the shield and that I had been doing mine backwards (with dark stripe first). Thanks for the photos!

• Thanks 1

*** Bring out ye'r dead!!!***

*** Noooo not like that!!!***

Good job!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Great job on them, way more care than I put into my skellies, that's for sure.

Those are Mantic though, not Northstar. I've seen Mantic's undead repackaged for Frostgrave, is that a Northstar Frostgrave pack maybe?

Edited by pinkymadigan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pinkymadigan said:

Great job on them, way more care than I put into my skellies, that's for sure.

Those are Mantic though, not Northstar. I've seen Mantic's undead repackaged for Frostgrave, is that a Northstar Frostgrave pack maybe?

They indeed are! I got them from Northstar so I assumed they were from there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By wickedshifty
      I painted this guy and he seemed like a real ambitious little skeleton. So I had a base I had started for a different project, but ultimately decided not to use, and he seemed worthy and I liked the rocks he came standing on anyways...

• By korimar
      Skeleton Musician 1 and The Thing in the Crypt from the Bears Head Miniatures Kickstarters

• By Guyscanwefocusplease
      After ~6 months of not being able to work on projects, I present my first finished project of 2018- an ancient skeleton horde!

The goals of the project were to:
      (1) Start out with a bang in my goal to paint 52 minis this year
      (2) Add a good deal more skeletons for horde encounters in an upcoming tabletop RPG I am running
      (3) Get more practice with OSL in a setting that allowed me to try multiple techniques on similar models quickly (eyes)
      (4) Try my hand at verdigris, again trying multiple techniques to see what I like best
      (5) Try out doing weapons/armor chipping and weathering.

Happy to say all 5 goals were met (just took a long time)!  This was a tabletop-level project, so while they aren't perfect, they are "good enough".

Please let me know what you think- I relish C&C as it is a critical step in making me a better painter.

I also have a question: I need to seal these guys.  I want to use a matte sealer for the skeletons themselves (you can see the gloss from where I used quickshade), but I don't want to dull the metals on the arms and armor.  What matte brush on sealers does everyone prefer?

Thanks for looking!

• By Glitterwolf
      I created a little Graveyard.
      The Crypt and the Raven are resin models from Minimonsters, the Skeleton rising from the grave is 02043 from Reaper.
      The Tombstones and Fence are from the Reaper Bones III Graveyard Set.
      The pathway was made with Milliput and I used the Greenstuffworld Cobblestone Rollerpin on it.

Enjoy!
      Likes, comments and job offerings to lead Undead Hordes welcome!

WIP Here:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79298-children-of-the-grave-by-glitterwolf/&page=6

• By lowlylowlycook
      I like Northstar's plastic fantasy figs because they have a Dark Age, Tolkienesque feel.  I've decided to paint up my dwarves so that I can more easy justify buying the elves that are coming out soon.

So far I've put three shades of metalic paint all the minis but I'll be painting each unit of 6 or 12 on their own.  First up are some speardwarves . 

I'm thinking that the beards should lean towards blonde to complement the blue cloth.  Maybe some pale yellow spear shafts?  Oh, and I also need to order some transfers for their shields.

Eventually the whole army  will all get some Polyshades brushed on to pick out the details.

• Who's Online   24 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)