aku-chan

Dreadmere Begins...

Ooh!  Going to enjoy watching this. 

03784: D'Vandra Lukesia (yes, I did attach her arm wrong :down:)

It's not wrong, it's a conversion!  I kind of like the wistful pensive look she has now. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Awesome

rQHPqK5.jpg

She is my favorite as of now. I really love the face and the "wrongly" attached arm gives her some kind of special character. So everything is alright.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Maybe that hand is a familiar like It from Adams family. ^__^

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

Maybe that hand is a familiar like It from Adams family. ^__^

Or Evil Dead. ;)

Seriously though, looking great!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Should have said it earlier, but I love the skin tones you have going on. I'm still learning how to do proper skin and I love that you are including your recipes here!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/7/2018 at 5:52 PM, Edsterdoom said:

Some lovely work on show here. I really like the detail you have got in the faces. 

Thanks!

I'm just glad I can finally pull off basic eyes on a regular basis.

On 1/7/2018 at 7:28 PM, Gargs said:

Should have said it earlier, but I love the skin tones you have going on. I'm still learning how to do proper skin and I love that you are including your recipes here!

Thanks!

I must admit I still feel a bit of a failure because I'm still reliant on Flesh Wash to do all my skin.

Concentrating on Jakob, because I have a more complete picture of him in my head:-

MuNThPj.jpgTAFWwNA.jpg

Got his coat done.

It's a base of Dark Green with a brushtipful of Pure Black, then Black Wash, then highlights of 1:1 Dark Green/Medium Olive and pure Medium Olive.

The lapels are Pure Black with a highlight of 1:1 Pure Black/Stone Grey, and while I had the Pure Black out I also did his little bit of chainmail, it's just Oily Steel with a Black Wash at the mo' I'll highlight it when I paint his sword.

• Like 20

Thanks!

Been pottering away slowly:-

xfBbEaU.jpgozTiKQq.jpg

Jakob has a shirt (Bonewhite > Sepia Wash > Bonewhite) and a cravat (Steel Grey > 1:1 Steel Grey/Off-white).

I've also basecoated and washed his various doodads, they'll get highlighted tonight hopefully.

l0U0NZH.jpgnHOPs6Z.jpg

While I had the browns out, I made a start on Andowyns waistcoat and fancy pants, these will also hopefully be highlighted tonight.

• Like 19

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Geoff Davis
      03157: Garwin Greywand, Wizard sculpted by Bobby Jackson.  Continuing on with practicing OSL.  I started by undershading with dark brown and purple and highlighted up to linen white on his body and base.  I did the same thing but with black and greys on his staff.

I then added the blue for his robe, using two sets of blues.  One set has no light effect colour added.  The other set has the yellow added.  I did the shading and highlighting on the dark side with the blues that didn't have the yellow added.  I used the set with the yellow added anywhere that I thought the light was going to hit, using the undershading as a guide as to where that would be.  The yellow I mixed with the blue is also used on the orb.

Then I added the other colours (particularly the staff and the fleshtones) using the same approach of mixing up two sets of the colours to use side by side.

Overall I'm pleased with the way it's turning out.  A few of the values seem out of balance though.  Particularly parts of the staff compared to the adjacent areas on his robe.  Some of the flesh tones that are further away from the orb need to be darker still.  The part of the staff directly below the orb seems too bright overall, especially right beneath the orb.  Still a work in progress.

• By Nightwing
      I’ve been working on this guy for months, off and on. Finally pushed him through to completion last night. I hope you like him. 

• By cassault
      These are the first figures I painted after lurking around here for a few months. Think they came out well.

• By Geoff Davis
      02476: Lorna The Huntress sculpted by Bobby Jackson.  This is the P65 version.  A bit of a speedpaint in order to try out a different tartan colour scheme.  This one is based upon the Robertson Hunting Tartan.

• By NecroMancer
      It's been awhile since I posted some pics of my completed works so I thought I would get some put up here in hopes of some more insightful C&C.

Here is Mason Thornwarden which I recently got from the BoGW.

A couple comments about this guy.  I was going for a polished grainy wood appearance on the bow but not sure if I like the result (on the picture that looks like a white spot on he back of the bow is just the reflection of my lamp on the glossy bow).  On his quiver and scabbard I tried kind of a black leather look which I have mixed feeling about as they look better in person than on camera.  I also tried some NMM gold on the handle of the bow with my new MSP paints, again I have mixed feelings about how it turned out but I really like the triad.

I think my painting continues improving but I am still lightyears from where I want to be.  I know I can still be a little cleaner with my paint job and I could work on smoothing my blends (especially on the boots) but I would really appreciate any C&C that anyone has.

• Who's Online   17 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)