aku-chan

Dreadmere Begins...

I'm so glad I clicked on this thread... such stunning work!! Makes me want to pull out all my dreadmere minis and just binge on them all right now!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys!

Got a little bit more done:-

hXPQjHi.jpgyCaWTbl.jpg

Found a little bit more torso so this got painted up the same as his skin.

Then it was tentacle time (1:1 Dead Flesh/Olive Green > Flesh Wash > 1:1 Dead Flesh/Olive Green > 1:1:1 Dead Flesh/Olive Green/Bonewhite).

Starting to realize this one doesn't work on his fancy resin base as well as the others do, he really needs to be slightly buried in the dirt.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, aku-chan said:

Thanks guys!

Got a little bit more done:-

hXPQjHi.jpgyCaWTbl.jpg

Found a little bit more torso so this got painted up the same as his skin.

Then it was tentacle time (1:1 Dead Flesh/Olive Green > Flesh Wash > 1:1 Dead Flesh/Olive Green > 1:1:1 Dead Flesh/Olive Green/Bonewhite).

Starting to realize this one doesn't work on his fancy resin base as well as the others do, he really needs to be slightly buried in the dirt.

I ended up sculpting a bunch more tentacles around him. A combination of that, plus some water/slime effect could help him look less like he's hovering over the fancy resin. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

That's a really neat idea, thanks!

My greenstuffing skills are very basic, but I should be able to plug the gaps with a few tentacles.

I'll try and get the skullz painted today, get everything varnished and give it a go.

• Like 1

I haz tentacles!

9INDqh5.jpguS0B9wn.jpg

Had fun playing with my Greenstuff and he looks better connected to his base.

Letting it dry overnight now.

• Like 14

Thanks guys!

Made a little progress:-

zKkrJHt.jpgZmJ5WaC.jpg

Painted his new tentacles to match his old tentacles.

2nz5mip.jpg

Painted his book.

The cover is Scarlett Red with Bronze detailing, the pages are Iraqi Sand shaded with a touch a Brown Wash, a Magic Blue bookmark and squiggles!

• Like 15

Thanks guys!

I know they're the most basic of mods, but I'm rather proud of the job I did making him extra tentaclely.

Little bit more progress:-

52x2uNE.jpg

Started on his staff.

The staff itself is 1:1 Leather Brown/Cold Grey with a Brown Wash, and I've started on the fleshy worm part (It's Dwarf Flesh with Flesh Wash so far), but I don't get what the balls on the spines are supposed to be.

I'll have to give it some thought.

• Like 10

Progress:-

oKL2JBH.jpg

Finished off the fleshy tentacle with a highlight of Dwarf Flesh, the spines and teeth are Iraqi Sand with a Brown Wash and the mouth and orbs are 1:1 Hexed Lichen/Dwarf Flesh.

The final orb I did as an eyeball, I don't think that's how eyeballs work but I think it looks kinda neat.

Just gotta do the base, although I have made that a much harder job for myself.

• Like 12

As suspected I did have to repaint several tentacles that got in the way of base painting, but he's done:-

Just the cute, little necromancer left.

Then I going to have to buy some more Dreadmere minis.

• Like 3