Cyradis

WIP 03098: Astrid by Cyr. Destressing Project

5 hours ago, Fire_Eyes said:

That color palette is great! It makes me think of a steampunk absinthe fairy

LOL I think I might add that to the character's persona!! She inspires people to happily drink! She's kinda a terrible princess. Ran off to be a bard with her aunt and has zero intention of settling down. Had a kid out of wedlock with an elf (elf raising kid - family except for aunt don't know). Yeah, she's a great bad influence ^_^

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Lookin good!

I see you're using the blue tack to hold the mini on the cork, if you have trouble with this holding minis in place (I've had a few fall off) then the yellow kind will hold them more securely.  It should be equally easy to find, if you ever have one that likes to bungee jump without a cord to the work desk. 

Edited by buglips*the*goblin
  • Like 1

On 1/8/2018 at 4:02 PM, buglips*the*goblin said:

Lookin good!

I see you're using the blue tack to hold the mini on the cork, if you have trouble with this holding minis in place (I've had a few fall off) then the yellow kind will hold them more securely.  It should be equally easy to find, if you ever have one that likes to bungee jump without a cord to the work desk. 

What is brand for the yellow stuff?

Also: worked on the trim a bit more and base coated some metal and the boots. I am taking some liberty on what is "metal" for sake of looking cool. 

20180111_222958.jpg

20180111_223005.jpg

• Like 12

Figure is kinda turning into A Saga of Low Coverage. 

I'm using Reaper's High Density paint Rich Leather, shook it a bunch, and the coverage is icky. Even on just white primed areas it is blah. On areas getting tidied, worse. I'm using it on leather fiddly bits. Not my favorite brown at all. My other browns are solid. 

I am not thinning this aside from damp brush either. 

Bottles became blue. 

NMM on boots trim. Also close ups on some stippling. Hands and satchel next.

20180113_234218.jpg

20180113_234210.jpg

20180113_234200.jpg

20180113_234155.jpg

• Like 11

More progress. I will do a bunch of lightning and hearts freehanding on her accessories - her band name is going to be Shocked Heart. Larger satchel, scabbard, and guitar will have patterning. 

20180115_134825.jpg

20180115_134837.jpg

• Like 11

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By valkyriesinger
      Hello! I've recently started working on a diorama, and a friend of mine urged me to post here. The only thing that is missing from the pictures below is the kelp that will be behind the kraken (on the little pads on the back side of the base). It is some floppy aquarium kelp that I"m currently trying to figure out how to get it to stand up straight. Tips, tricks, C&C are all welcomed.

Here is the pre-primed coral wall in varying states of sand coverage. The coral is planned to be very brightly colored.

Primed base:

You can see the kelp pads in the pic above.

Base with Kraken for staging verification:

Here is the almost finished diver, who goes in the slot in front of the Kraken. This drab, dirty human looking down at his feet while the kraken looms above is one of my favorite parts, tbh.

Cheers!
      Valk
    • By Pezler the Polychromatic
      Gadzooks!!!! I'm actually painting something again. Here's the bad boy I've chosen this time around:

I actually have a colour scheme in mind after researching other people's work on this one, and have adjusted it according to my own whims.

A quick slather of Reaper Brown Liner as a primer.

And here we have a couple of layers of P3 Sanguine Highlight to bring some proper base colour, might put have to touch up a couple spots. After this: drybrushing!
    • By Arc 724
      03821: Half Orc Merchant

I saw this guy and all I could think of was a random merchant walking between towns trying to stop you before you go to town and buy his wares. He might even have a quest or two at some point. 

The first photo is the base work I did on him. These is a VERY heavy miniature. I decided to keep him attached and just sculpt a base around his to blend. There will be grass and what not at the end which will blend things even better. I primed this chap then started working on his back pack and decided I should stop and do the face since it is usually the hardest point for me. It came out well and I may tweak it a be by the end. I wanted him to look like a "Fancy man" trying to get your attention and putting his best face forward to sell his wares. HA! The back pack coloration is inspired by the Legend of Zelda Breath of the wild treasure chest I saw online; dark brown with gold trim. Also in this picture you can see the rest of the base. I wanted to portray him possibly breaking over a direction sign (to the town) so you will ask him then he would offer his wares.  

• By Citrine
      So this holiday break I decided to try starting, and maybe even finishing Ma'al (Reaper 77580), aka Tiamat.  I go back to work next Wednesday, so this is a bit ambitious, but at least I am going to use the biggest brushes I can get my hands on!

I got rid of mold lines and glued it together on the Saturday before Christmas.

This morning I got up the courage and got out the green stuff.  I had started applying base coat when hubby said I should document the progress.

So here are some progress pictures:

• By TaleSpinner
      A client of mine has commissioned me to produce a new line of oriental-themed turtle people, based on box-turtles.  I'm pretty excited about this project as I love the subject as well as the challenges that it will present me.

We are going to take a modular approach to this, with me creating a fully sculpted shell with arm and leg armatures.  This I can then cast in bronze and use to make many different minis.  I am also planning on making several heads and casting them to be added to each sculpt.  A turtle head is pretty generic with little possible expression, so I should be able to make a few variations and reuse them.

I will also be sculpting and casting various oriental weapons, hats, and other accouterments to be added to the sculpts.  After all that, I will be making three sculpts to begin with, and we'll see where we take it from there.  If it all turns out, you'll likely be seeing all of this on the KS page at some point.

Here is the basic concept (this is very rough and I am not very good at drawing; the 3D sculpts will be a lot better):

Here is a close up of the basic armature concept:

Last night, I began the project by making the armature and underpinning the shell  Here is the top view:

And the side view:

I will be basing the turtle parts on the Eastern Box-turtle:

And finally, as I was typing this, the bronze came:

Now, I am going to have to figure out how to cut that up into chunks that can fit my crucible. 

More to come soon.

Andy

• Who's Online   42 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)