I'm kinda on time!

Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/78657-resolutionary-painting-challenge-2018-chatterquestions/
All the information you need should be here.

Due to the revised format, there will be more than one bonus challenge available for this month. Including a "Hard mode" which Is some combination that may or may not have a source behind it.

Your challenge is: 8!

Bonus Challenge: The First!

Frostbite:
Considering the sheer cold that's gripping most of us as of this posting: Paint a mini that looks like they've been outside in the winter a little too long - snow in the hair, icicles on shields, etc. Have fun with it

Bonus Challenge: The Second!

Our annual challenge returns. February Fingerpaint! 
This is pretty self explanatory. 
Nobrush.jpg.22f33c2a125bbe58b196ce097bccd9b1.jpg

Hard Mode Challenge!
Pending...

Good luck

The game is made up and the points don't matter

Edited by NomadZeke
  • Like 7

For my first personal challenge this year I will be forcing myself to paint all the contents of the latest mantic crazy bobbys crazy box of craziness that I ordered in a moment of black friday weakness. A total of 126 (or 138, if casualties and spruefiller animals are counted) semi-random older mantic minis. I should hopefully be done by easter...

anybody interested in the long version with ramblings and ranting can look that up my blog via the link in my signature. I will be entering the results in the rpchallenge before returning to my regular schedule of semi-random minis.

1: The DreadBall RefBot

3: The Asterian Cyphers

6: The Plague Hounds

11: The Plague Men and swarms

1 Mars Attacks! Esteban Ramirez

1 Kings of War Lower Abyssal

10 Kings of War Elves Spearmen

20 Kings of War Elves Bowmen

1 Dungeon Saga Orclings

1 Dungeon Saga Orc Warbeast

10 Dungeons Saga / Kings of War Abyssals

3 more Dungeon Saga Orclings

2 Mantic Plague 1st generation

1 Mantic Plague Teraton

1 Bones 77493 Brain in a Jar

2 Bones 77495 Saproling & Conan TBG Swamp Demon

1 Bones 3 Wereboar

7 Shadows of Brimstone: Serpentmen of Jargono & Shaman

Completed so far from the Mantic CRAZY BOBBY’S CRAAAZZY BONANZA BOX OF CRAZINESS!!!!*

58/126 +(7/12 casualties / small animals etc))

*actual name of this box on the invoice

Completed Minis from the Mountains of Minis:

Total so far this year: 83

Edited by Maledrakh
  • Like 4

First points done! 

I speed painted a bit today! Alright, a lot-a-bit. 

I feel like I cheated a bit with the speed paints...but I'll count them.

Current Points:
9/8

END OF FEB. TOTAL:

22/8

- Second Kingdom Death Mini (Prologue Survivor 2)

- 4 Storm troopers from Imperial Assault

- Lizardman with club and shield 

- Invisible Rogue, Wizard, Cleric, Ranger, and Warrior (based...not much else)

- Eastern Mouslings 

Edited by Paradoxical Mouse
gahhh. WHY DOES ENTER SUBMIT POSTS??
  • Like 4

January/February

Goal: 8

#1: Fantasy Personalities Berserker (Grenadier)

#2: Night Goblin Warrior (Games Workshop)

#3: Fantasy Personalities 0820 Henchman (Grenadier)

#4: 03531 - Nalani, Dancing Girl

#5: 03108 - Azrin, Female Dwarf Barbarian

#6: 03254 - Naseer, Genie of Hakir

#7: 

#8: 

Current Cycle:  

2018 YTD:  6 / 52

Edited by Clearman
  • Like 1

Jan/Feb RPChallenge

1.  Vistaril Quillscratch  (12 Jan 2018)

2.  Efreet Emir (13 Jan 2018)

3.  Salty Saber (14 Jan 2018)

4.  Kassata Lewynn (16 Jan 2018)

5.  Frostbite Challenge:  Ape-X (28 Jan 2018)

6.  Finari Mounted Conversion (29 Jan 2018)

7.  Female Giant Warmain (29 Jan 2018)

8. Half-elf (11 Feb 2018)

9.  Bronzeheart, Minotaur Hero (19 Feb 2018)

10.  Chimera (23 Feb 2018)

11.  Serpentfolk Warrior (24 Feb 2018)

12.  Black Orc Warbringer (24 Feb 2018)

13.  Amrielle Female Ranger (24 Feb 2018)

14.  Colossal Skeleton (28 Feb 2018)

I have really enjoyed this challenge.  It has helped me overcome both inertia and  complacency in my miniature painting.

Edited by Geoff Davis
  • Like 1

My entries:

1. & 2. http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/78746-skeletal-archer-77108/ 

3.-7. 

I've added a 2nd skeleton with a different paint scheme to the original post above. I'll try to come up with something different for #8.

Looks like I didn't meet the challenge. Only managed 7 of 8. ::(:

Edited by Tripleh5133
update
  • Like 2

OK... Maybe if I post a plan I'll keep up.

1. Fingerpainted Reaper Bones Owlbear

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/78865-fingerpainted-owlbear-77156/&tab=comments#comment-1675309 (Jan 14 2018)

2 - 5. 4 Reaper Skeleton warriors (from the shelf of shame)

Needs more contrast! Replacement bottle of brown liner purchased... "darn cat, stay off my painting table!"

6. Malifaux 2E Viktoria (for hobby hangout contest)

Done, but not finished.

WiP thread: 

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79725-wip-malifaux-viktoria-of-blood/

7. Frozen Darksword LE Sorceress 'for frostbite bonus'

WiP thread: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79217-wip-darksword-le-sorceress-elsa-for-rp-bonus-frostbite/

8. Bomber Sophie

Painting started, happy with the plan now

extra credit ReaperCon 2017 HOF scarecrow

prepped and primed

extra extra credit Ral Partha Treasure Skeleton (also shelf of shame)

So many gold coins....

extra extra extra credit. Fighter from unknown mfg from shelf of shame

Needs more color contrast

ugh, well. fail. But progress made. 1+ 0.9 + 0.3

Maybe I'll get more done in Mar/Apr.

Edited by Dragoneye
  • Like 2

January/February 

1. Bones kobold (show-off pending) 

2. Pillar of Good (show-off pending) 

3. Pathfinder iconic alchemist (show-off pending)

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 4

I cant belive I missed this thread. 

Well no surprise, I painted a lot of Kingdom Death - but now im running low on them.

I post most of the work here - 2018 starts on page 3. 

also painted just enough bones to stay on track for finishing the Core set from Bones 2 this year. 

1. Phoenix armor kit survivor KD
2. Leather and Shield survivor    KD
3. Intimacy male KD
4. intimacy Female KD

5. screaming antelope with axe survivor KD
6. male centaur
7. rogue 
8. monk with glaive 
9. nixie

- one day paints - 
10 Iron Ore KD terrain 
11. Debris pile KD terrain 
12. Stone Face KD terrain 

I am also working on 2 larger projects : the KD phoenix and a Bust.  I have ill march for the bust, and Reapercon for the bird. 

Feburary 
1. Orc Thief 
2. Holy Vindicator 
3. Lantern Armor survivor 
4. Anti Paladin 
5. Old barbarian 
6. dead monster terrain 
7. Tick 
8. DDS thief 
9. Elf Archer 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 5