Sign in to follow this  
Beagle

Rank the Star Wars movies

Coming off of the Last Jedi thread, how would people rank the Star Wars movies?

Mine:

ESB (Fav)

ANH

R1

TFA

ROTJ

ROTS

TLJ

AOTC

TPM

• Like 1

The Empire Strikes Back

Rogue One

A New Hope

here endeth the top tier movies

Return of the Jedi

The Last Jedi

here endeth the second tier movies

here begins the filler movies

The Force Awakens

The Prequels (which I can’t be bothered to list)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I loved Wrath of Khan!!!:devil:

that's the one with the first appearance of Reavers, right?

Just now, Erifnogard said:

The Empire Strikes Back

Rogue One

A New Hope

here endeth the top tier movies

Return of the Jedi

The Last Jedi

here endeth the second tier movies

here begins the filler movies

The Force Awakens

The Prequels (which I can’t be bothered to list)

I pretty much agree with this, except I would flip Rouge One and A New Hope

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Originals + Rogue One

The Force Awakens

The Last Jedi

Prequels. 

No particular order on the originals or the prequels. Very distinctly The Last Jedi is above prequels, but not above The Force Awakens. 

Prequels and TLJ were begging for roller coasters and video games too much, for shared reasons for being lower. TLJ, for all my complaining, did have fantastic acting. Everyone is well cast on acting capability (still wondering how Adam Driver would be the offspring of Carrie Fischer and Harrison Ford though - but looks aside, he's great). Prequels.... eh, the actors hadn't all found their characters. Natalie Portman is still awesome, and Whiny Anakin isn't the worst actor, but damn were they given bad stuff to work with. 

• Like 2

The Empire Strikes Back :  Battle for Hoth, meeting Yoda, Millennium Falcon escaping from everything.  

A New Hope  So many quotes, this movie is burned into my brain.  Aside from Luke whining I would watch again and again 

Rogue One   A tragedy, but with hope, best darth vader scene ever. grey areas and quasi-jedi. 

The Last Jedi This was a close tie with below but more satisfying to my mind.  love the twists, it kept me right there. 

The Force Awakens Very emotionally satisfying, hugely fun to watch, but those nagging concerns about originality - plus stupid final weapon.

* Return of the Jedi -Was a blast to watch with the kids, I still remember the wonder of Ewoks from a childs viewpoint.  my fav for many years.  looked at as an adult? more issues.  too many "um no." suspension breaking moments. 

these are so baddly thought of(including by me)  ill just put some positive stuff. 

Phantom Menace - I really wanted to like this movie.  I saw it twice in the theaters (but fell asleep in the middle of second viewing.)  Darth Maul fight was terrific. 

Attack of the Clones  (action) - the final Jedi battle with monsters/robot/clones was good.  

Revenge of the Sith some good mood pieces. nice imagery?  em watched the trailer, even that irritated me. 

Attack of the Clones (acting) not as bad as "The Room", I have seen teenagers perform worse acting in person.

Eldar Spawn went on a binge this Holiday Season and watched the 5 movies that we own copies of +saw the latest in the theater.   I watched at least some of all the movies, but kept missing pieces, as life intruded (or Kingdom Death - cause apparently I'm a junky)

She asked if we could buy copies of the three not in the collection and was told NO.  by both parents. 

* this was Spawn's favorite. 

done 

Edited by Evilhalfling

For a proper ranking, I'd need to fully the sequels (R1, Force Awakens, Last Jedi) and prequels.

I don't think my mind can endure the prequels. I reached a point where I was forgetting their full titles.

I don't really see the problem. 

Just take their numbers, subtract 3, and you get not only the correct viewing sequence, but also the ranking. 

Empire Strikes Back wins,

A new Hope was a good follow up, and 

The Return of the Jedi got a bit repetitious and included a bit of attempted humour, but still a good movie. 

Wrath of Khan

Voyage Home

Just kidding, No Star Trek or Serenity should be ranked with the SW films (Except the new not-ST films)

But my rank:

Spaceballs: the Movie

A New Hope

Empire

Revenge of Jedi

Force Awakens

Rouge One

.... (Far Far away)

Prequels

Last Jedi is not out yet. (SW is watch when DVD comes out class of film)