Rat13

Song of Blades and Heroes?

The learning curve is fun, but it's a fast learning curve.  And moving into advanced from normal is extremely simple for normal forces.  It's a little bit tricky for spellcasters, but that's pretty standard if you ask me.

2 hours ago, Darkmeer said:

It's a little bit tricky for spellcasters, but that's pretty standard if you ask me.

Just to make it easier for my group to learn I built forces without spellcasters. If my group is receptive to learning and playing regularly spellcasters will probably become a big thing, these are D&D players we're talking about. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rat13 said:

Just to make it easier for my group to learn I built forces without spellcasters. If my group is receptive to learning and playing regularly spellcasters will probably become a big thing, these are D&D players we're talking about. 

The spellcasting mechanic for a basic spellcaster is not that hard.  I'd throw one in for each of the forces the next game, then again, I'm already playing the game :devil:

16 hours ago, Darkmeer said:

I'd throw one in for each of the forces the next game

If the next game was with my friend who is already four games deep and knows the rules as well as I (Just from playing too, he hasn't even cracked open the rulebook once) I'd say we're both ready for spellcasters. Unfortunately the next game is with my AL group, I think I'll let them catch up before I throw spellcasters into the mix.

• Like 1

I recall the quick reference card for SOBAH as being pretty complete, so it shouldn’t be that hard to play well from it.  Most of what’s not reflected on it are the special abilities.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

Most of what’s not reflected on it are the special abilities.

That is why I made my own cards. On a large index card I was able to fit all the stats and explanations for any special rules a figure has. Though a few like the Skeleton Archer's card ended up being front and back.

I ended up teaching this game to two guys from AL. I played a quick game before the D&D session and another one after.

I think it was a success. It looks like this is going into the rotation of our "hanging out" games.

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SisterMaryNapalm
      Hi guys,

So I got a greater number of Infinity Aleph minis from a guy who doesn't find them fit to his playstyle.

Anyway - I decided to create my own bases, opposite to the clean and attractive style of the Aleph minis using some kind of a long lost and ruined city.

Like this:

I also got Atalanta and her SpotBot and I think that this spotbot has quite a personality and I want to create his base accordingly.

(Picture for reference)

So I thought that it would be fitting to have some kind of robot head or so he could stare at. (Like to 2b in the picture below - but being a mechanical rabbit with sad eyes).

So I thought about using a space marine head but I don't find it fitting to the whole setting and it would just disappear between the rubble and the debris I prepared for the base. And it wouldn't match the style of Infinity.

On the other hand - I tried using a bandai mecha/gundam head and it is way too big for a 25mm base. Does anyone have an idea which could help me solve the problem?
    • By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1306503490/purgatory-the-next-testament?ref=user_menu

Purgatory is a game and world created by Underestimated Games, which in 2016 successfully launched Purgatory on the Kickstarter platform, funding at the first attempt. You can read about the first Kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1306503490/purgatory

The Age of Purgatory is a period in the human calendar where Angels, Knightmares and Devils have ravaged our world in the aftermath of the War for Heaven. Angels, responsible for the development and harmony of the worlds under their charge have renounced their oaths, casting off the shackles of subversion of careless Gods to forge their own path in the wake of the betrayer in chief, Satan.

As Satan's followers flocked to his banner and turned upon their kin, blades were drawn and siblings slain and only by the combined efforts of Penemue coordinating the loyalist resistance alongside the arrival of the Archangel Michael, lord of the third Heavemy Host, did they banish and cast the renegades out of the seventh Heaven.

With Fallen Angels landing on Earth, war erupted and humans were enslaved by the millions or enlisted to serve despicable new masters. But as evil ascends, good rises to meet it and pockets of humans, galvanised by Angels still loyal to their lords formed in small groups to resist the threat posed by the predators in their midst.

Now, with the Soul Train and Murder Inc. in play from the first Kickstarter, it is the turn of the Refugees of Religion and possibly the Gangbangers to join, what many are calling the War of Ending.

Faith

Automatically Appended Next Post:
      more examples of their minis can be seen in Murder Inc one of those funded in the first KS

and more can be seen on facebook here https://www.facebook.com/pg/purgatoryminiatures/photos/?ref=page_internal

I pledged in the last KS and they were a pleasure to deal with, excellent communication, on time for a lot of pledges (a couple of minis were delayed so those of us getting them were a couple of months late which is KS terms is nothing), and they've carried on being active with the game subsequenty

• By Rat13
      My wife and I have been interested in playing in an actual campaign for some time now, we enjoy Adventure League but we want more. We'd like to roleplay more and not be switching between characters all the time.

My wife played with a group for a little while and they are getting ready to start a new campaign and asked if we would be interested. We talked about it and decided to join the group.

Our first session is on the second of the year, so there has been a lot of back and forth between the players and the DM already. During the initial talks my wife put us both down to play barbarians with myself playing a dwarf specifically. I even built it early so it would be done and ready.

That was fine for a few days but then the DM "requested" we play anything other than ordinary Player's Handbook races and he's really pushing us to play monster races. So I went along with this and remade my character. Then the DM "requested" that if we played barbarians we shouldn't pick totem or besereker, the PH options. Okay, so I rebuild again.

Now the "request" is that we advance to level five and pick some magical items. He wants us to have an uncommon and a rare with the stipulation that the rare item should be our defining item (like excalibur for King Arthur). This is all in addition to the usual of coming up with a backstory, which you need to do for any game anyway.

At this point I've made my character three times and frankly now I don't even want to play him. I'll admit I play dwarves a lot and the same can be said for totem barbarians. I roll poorly so being able to recklessly attack helps a lot, and the damage reductions for bear totem barbarians are nice too.

So I started out excited to play and had an idea for a fun character. Now I don't want to play what I've built, especially for a long campaign and at this point I'm a little leary of the DM. If this is how character creation has been I'm fairly sure I don't want to play in this game.

Should I back out now and hope they find a replacement? Should I go and potentially end up backing out after a few sessions?

I don't want to waste anyone's time or screw over my fellow players or DM. I just can't help feeling that this DM won't be my cup of tea.
    • By Kheprera
      *BONK!* is here to answer your questions and give badmost excellent advice.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for incidents, accidents, disability, dismemberments, bite marks, lumps on heads, death, random bits of cat fur or mummy wrappings, or monetary loss for following the advice of a mummified cat plush toy.
    • By Gargs
      Okay, so I am going to be painting up this guy soon:

I'm curious about what colors to use for the snow on the snowman. It doesn't seem to be a pure white (which makes sense) but I couldn't tell really what colors were used. I know that blues and even really dark blues, are often used for shadows (I know that Nightmare Black is actually a favorite of at least one forumite), but its the "white" that has me unsure. Any ideas? (as for the base, I realize that there are a number of options for putting snow on the base).

As always, thanks in advance for any help?
  • Who's Online   23 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)