Schirf

02514: Kang, Half Orc (Here, hold my beer...)

OUTSTANDING! That is one NASTY LOOKINGBEAUTIFULLY  painted & based Green Hooligan. That is also an impressive Coney Island head on the beer. VERY WELL DONE!

nice blends and shading!

clearly you "got back into painting" with a good back catalogue of experience and skills - it shows ;)

12 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

He looks great!

Thanks!

8 hours ago, kitenerd said:

nice blends and shading!

clearly you "got back into painting" with a good back catalogue of experience and skills - it shows ;)

Thank you! It was about 20 years since I picked up a brush back in ~October. Honestly, I used a lot of techniques that I learned here. This place is a wealth of awesome info! 

50 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

He turned out great!

Thank you and thanks for following! 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Schirf said:

Thank you! It was about 20 years since I picked up a brush back in ~October. Honestly, I used a lot of techniques that I learned here. This place is a wealth of awesome info! 

Ooh, I had that situation too, except my 20-year hiatus ended about six years ago.

He looks great!

On 1/6/2018 at 9:53 AM, Pingo said:

Ooh, I had that situation too, except my 20-year hiatus ended about six years ago.

He looks great!

Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maglok
      I painted this Karzoug, Runelord of Greed for a friend of mine to use as his climactic encounter in his campaign (yes that one). Tried to make him awesome, eventually chose to leave some of the freehand edges out, cause damnnn... Still I am quite pleased with him.

• By buglips*the*goblin

This miniature I've had for a while, since about 2008.  I tried painting her a while ago, but I got stuck.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I find painting horses to be very difficult - mostly because my colours just never seemed quite right.

In November, I had to lay in supplies for over winter and that meant buying the last of my paint restocks from Coat D'Arms.  While I was there, I noticed in their military line they had some Horse Tone colours.  I figured, hey, why not?  At least they'd probably wind up the proper colour. 

So Ms. Redstorm here was my first try using Coat D'Arms 224 Horst Tone Bay.  The other horse tones are Dun, Chestnut, and Roan.  If anybody is interested in seeing these in use, I have a number of horses and will be ordering more in a few days so I can do a WIP to show the different ones.  Having pre-mixed horse colours simplifies the task quite a lot, and four colours is enough to add variety to a mounted group.  I really enjoyed painting this miniature, and I never thought painting a horse would be so much fun. 

Also, if you're wondering why I filed off the intricate design of her shield that shows in store photos it's because her on-foot version (Vanessa of the Blade) I painted some time ago came with some pitting on the shield.  As it was not enough to really bother complaining about, I merely filed it off and painted a simple quartered pattern.  Since the mounted version should match my footed version, I did the same here. 

So if you want to see a WIP of the horse tone colours, let me know!  I'll pick 4 Reaper horsepeople out of my collection when the new ones come in and paint 'em up.
    • By Geoff Davis
      The thing I like about WIP forums is the additional motivation it gives me to get projects done.  I've been working on this one for a while and have been horrifically stalled.  I was playing a fighter in a D&D campaign.  She started as a crossbow wielder.

But because the party had no tank, she had to armour-up to survive.  And she got a horse.

Then I sensibly figured that she should ride the horse... so a conversion began.  But then of course the character got killed and motivation dropped to, well, zero.  Here is the story of that conversion, as yet incomplete, but which I intend to finish.  No longer will she sit on my shelf of shame. 

I bought another Finari to desecrate convert.  I also got this figure to provide the horse/lower torso.   14177: Onyx Chevalier,Overlords Solo

Torso severed preserving her belt.  Sword was removed preserving the hilt and shield removed.  It took me quite a while to decide where to cut and what to preserve.

All the parts fitted and laid out for assembly.  After fitting them together I realized the sword on the saddle just wouldn't work so I removed it and made a new one out of greenstuff using the preserved hilt I removed in the first step.

Primed and base-coated.  And moved from the shelf of shame to the front of the 'must complete' row.

• By Geoff Davis
      The weather has been horrible this weekend, so I have lots of painting time.  Here is my next completed miniature for the Jan/Feb RPChallenge.

I am running Princes of the Apocalypse for D&D at the moment, so he will be my "Gar Shatterkeel".

Geoff

• By SGHawkins09
      This was my second diorama for ReaperCon 2017 and was the one picked for judging. The idea for it actually began at last year's ReaperCon and was originally going to be the wizard catching the barbarian mousling breaking in. Over the year it evolved into a large scene than originally planned and I swapped out the barbarian for the two thieves/rogues. It ended up getting a gold medal and Mousling Honorable Mention.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Here is the WIP thread: Stop Thief!

Thank you to everyone who gave me feedback while creating this diorama.

• Who's Online   6 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)