AEdge

Tolan, Male Druid, Jumping way out of my comfort zone

As I wander around the forum, I can't believe I missed this one! Freehand turned out really nicely. Keep leaving your comfort zone please. 

Excellent freehand. My “in comfort zone” has a ways to catch up with your out of comfort zone!

Wow. Please do. Do step out your comfort zone, because that's just a gift for the eye! 

The eagle what can I say, perfection. I have the very same miniature and I also tried a freehand on the shield... just a tree. Looks more like a broom. 

The blending and the face are perfection too. Just amazing. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

Old school...

Kev!
      P.S. Too cool...
    • By NyarlaBcn
      Here's my version of Aurelio Endrino. 
      I feel that there's a certain disconnection between the fact that he is obviously a druid, with a ragged cloack, with a racoon on his shoulder... and his perfectly groomed hair & beard. I guess beeing nature's paladin doesn't mean one should look like Radagast from "The Hobbit" trilogy. 

I tried a very similar look as the one reaper used. Leathers could be blended better I think... 

• By empi2k
      Hi there,
      another PC of my recently finished Tyranny of Dragons D&D campaign: Lafisar the wood elf druid. My player loved the miniature's pose, so this Elquin mini became the party's druid. Hope you like it!

• By Pochi
      One of my players bought this figure to represent her sylvan druid. She wanted her painted like a Sylvari from Guild Wars 2. I used her description from her backstory to determine her skin, hair, and eye colors.

She said she thought Lily would wear "natural" colored clothing. I initially thought greens with some purples (my favorite colors) but with her hair being bright green as requested, I didn't think green leaves would show up in her hair. I decided to go with autumn leaves for her hair and wrists. When deciding on how to do her clothes, I thought of doing them like an autumn leaf. Her corset/vest and her sandals were painted bootstrap brown but when I used brown ink over it, it made it look like red leather. I really liked how it turned out a lot!

I am so bad about finishing painting a figure and wanting to move on to painting the next. I have to make myself base things. A local guy here was advertising some leaf punches so I bought some from him to create leaves for the base. I painted them up in autumn colors and added them to the base. I painted a little Monarch butterfly and put it on her raised hand.

The only thing I am not totally happy with is the staff/spear/whatever it is. I want to paint this figure again for myself and if/when I do, I will be modifying it and getting rid of the staff.

She's a little shiny because I haven't sprayed her with Dulcote yet.

C&C welcome! Thanks for looking!

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Andowyn - The Mischievous Druid, the second finished mini from my Dreadmere Begins WIP thread.

I loved how detail heavy Andowyn turned out to be, she's just covered in stuff!

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)