Paradoxical Mouse

Mouse Tried Sculpting

37 minutes ago, rfusca said:

Mine is so mushy to start with if I don't let it cure some that it's almost impossible to work with. What ratio do you mix with, blue to yellow? 

A slightly larger ball of yellow than blue.  Probably 5:4 or 4:3. I don't like the 3:2 that is recommended. Some times I even go 1:1.

You can see that I have a higher blue content just by looking at my sculpts (check out my avatar).  It is definitely a blue-green.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

A slightly larger ball of yellow than blue.  Probably 5:4 or 4:3. I don't like the 3:2 that is recommended. Some times I even go 1:1.

You can see that I have a higher blue content just by looking at my sculpts (check out my avatar).  It is definitely a blue-green.

O.O I didn't even think of mixing any way other than 1:1... Maybe that's why my putty is so stiff...

47 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

O.O I didn't even think of mixing any way other than 1:1... Maybe that's why my putty is so stiff...

Either that or it is getting old.  If you are buying it as a ribbon, the area where the two colors meet will be partly cured and will mess with you.  If you are going to sculpt, always buy it in the tube with the two parts separate.  I won't even store the two parts in the same container, separating them into separate zip locks and freezing any amount that I cannot consume in a month.

But yet the mfg recommends mixing at a 3:2 ratio.  I use 4:3 as i like it a bit stiffer, also then I'm not left with quite so much extra blue when I run out of yellow. (Why they sell it 1:1 when they recommend 3:2 is beyond me; Procreate does the same thing.  The hardener must be cheap to make.)

• Like 4