PaganMegan

Eberron Game! No Auld Grumpies Allowed!

Wow, that was easy - I needed a way for the players to hide from the floating thing.

And remembered Hey, they made friends with a phase spider a few weeks ago!

Easy Peasy! CLICK! and done! :lol:

But first they get to see the airship that they were expecting to come back in a day to pick them up get shot out of the sky. :devil:

I decided at the beginning that every time they need to travel Something Will Happen.

So far, so so good!

Then they will have to decide whether to keep after what they were sent to find out, go rescue the people in the downed airship, or (dramatic pause) SPLIT THE PARTY! ::D:

Grump is gonna want to split the party, and HATE himself for doing so. What more can a wife ask for? ::P:

I was expecting to sit in front of the screen spinning my wheels, instead it was a simple Copy and Paste!

• Like 2

On 6/14/2018 at 7:46 PM, PaganMegan said:

Wow, that was easy - I needed a way for the players to hide from the floating thing.

And remembered Hey, they made friends with a phase spider a few weeks ago!

Easy Peasy! CLICK! and done! :lol:

But first they get to see the airship that they were expecting to come back in a day to pick them up get shot out of the sky. :devil:

I decided at the beginning that every time they need to travel Something Will Happen.

So far, so so good!

Then they will have to decide whether to keep after what they were sent to find out, go rescue the people in the downed airship, or (dramatic pause) SPLIT THE PARTY! ::D:

Grump is gonna want to split the party, and HATE himself for doing so. What more can a wife ask for? ::P:

I was expecting to sit in front of the screen spinning my wheels, instead it was a simple Copy and Paste!

I'm psychic!

I not only predicted who would decide to split the party, but how they would split it!

And both groups accomplished their missions, leaving them saddled with four still wounded crew. They need to be careful around the phase spider. If they are too injured then her instincts might kick in, and it will be dinner time.

The only thing I didn't predict was Grump grabbing the memory tapes and soul gems from the aberrant warforged. I forgot that we are using gearforged, which have those things.

Later, I will allow them to use investigation skills to find out more. I just need to make it up first! I can USE this.

Jon is really looking forward to his bloodrager learning to fly.

• Like 2

Do I let them rescue the first team's people, the ones that MAY be still alive, or do I tell them they're too late?

Or do I give them clues that MAY lead them to rescuing the team later?

I am leaning toward that last. The party is already chewed up, letting them go into the Shadow Plane would be murder, right now.

I need a T Rex for Xen'drik. :B):

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 3

How are the miniatures from Heroforge with the new materials?

I have designed a warforged GENTLEMAN ADVENTURER for Grump's character, and want to get it for his birthday next month.

But the ones he got me a few years ago were not all that good. Great poses, and I love them to pieces, but fragile, and that was how they wound up in pieces.

And not smooth, though Grump found a way to get around that, so they were green for a while before he painted them. I don't know what he did.

Are they better now?

• Like 1

On 6/14/2018 at 6:34 PM, PaganMegan said:

Oooh just had an idea.

I need more weresharks!

Are you sure you're not @Froggy the Great:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Are they better now?

From what I've seen, their current highest quality is both less grainy and less fragile than it used to be, but I've only seen them, never really worked with them.

On 6/14/2018 at 8:34 PM, PaganMegan said:

Oooh just had an idea.

I need more weresharks!

More Weresharks can only be a good thing.   Have a large air elemental nearby as well.  5XP to the first person to mention Sharknado then kill them.

Also, Grump is playing Othar Tryggvassen?

• Like 2

On 8/3/2018 at 2:45 PM, Froggy the Great said:

More Weresharks can only be a good thing.   Have a large air elemental nearby as well.  5XP to the first person to mention Sharknado then kill them.

Also, Grump is playing Othar Tryggvassen?

Yup!

Only mechanical, and dressed like a robot pimp!

With a monocle!

IF the characters survive next week then they will be heading for Xen'drik.

Kind of iffy, I really wish the party would hole up and heal up before pushing on.

But they listened when I mentioned the damaged warforged were ALSO looking, so they have been staggering along. Two are poisoned right now, and one is also diseased.

And Grump wants NOTHING to do with the rust monster. As soon as he shoots, it will know they are there.

And it hasn't occurred to them yet that if someone is using rust monsters to guard the facility in the Shadow Plane then that someone is NOT the damaged warforged.

Edited by PaganMegan

On 1/20/2018 at 7:17 PM, PaganMegan said:

I dreamed again, and now I know the location of the last scene in the campaign, and the last handout.

Hide contents

A partially burned note that has been grasped in a dead man's hand since the Day of Mourning.

Cyre is only the beginning

Going to have the players pop into the ruins of Metrol, find each clue, which leads somewhere else, that has a clue that leads back to Metrol.

That last clue is in the palace itself, but nothing about what it means.

I have divided to raid our library for film noir, and maybe rent Atomic Blonde again.

This thread has inspired me to do my own homebrew combined with an old gurps game (some of the lore is included in the infinite dimensions 3d print stuff) Cyre is only the beginning for me too but later in timeline and related to corrupted goblinoids and worse. Will catch up now.

19 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

[Othar Tryggvassen, GENTLEMAN ADVENTURER]

Only mechanical, and dressed like a robot pimp!

With a monocle!

Whoever came up with that is my new hero.  I demand pictures of the mini.

23394478571_0105b1e3e5_b.jpgPagans & Unitarians by YeAuldGrump, on Flickr

I can't get into my own Flickr account, but I know Grumpy's password. ::):

I messed up my password somehow, and I may need to create a new account, last time this happened Grump figured it out, so I still have hope.

Edited by PaganMegan

It took him five minutes, so I need to subtract the image from his Flickr, now that it's on mine.

I gave him a choice, figure out my password or not visit his own account until after Birthday.

His words "I thought we were skipping my birthday this year to focus on Brigid's"

As IF! ::wow:

42083511620_fdda9a3fba_b.jpg

GENTLEMAN ADVENTURER! by Megan O'Brien, on Flickr

• Like 3

Waffled for a while, then ordered the miniature. I hope I have better luck than Grump did.

Grump has had a miniature for me on back order for THREE MONTHS! But someday I am getting a beholder, and I have plans, oh yesssss... :;,;:

I found out about it while we were camping. He gave me some very nice chocolates and then apologized because the miniature that was SUPPOSED to be with the chocolates had still not come in.

They still have a few levels to go, so I am not worried.

This Friday is the first trip to Xen'drik. There will be dinosaurs, and a crashed airship.

They found papers in the ruins of Metrol about the salvaging of a Creation Forge made long, long before the warforged were supposedly invented. I may give the players tinfoil hats, because they are delving into conspiracy theory territory.

Which will lead to a dungeon crawl, because I really want to try running a dungeon crawl!

On 8/6/2018 at 5:30 PM, PaganMegan said:

It took him five minutes, so I need to subtract the image from his Flickr, now that it's on mine.

I gave him a choice, figure out my password or not visit his own account until after Birthday.

His words "I thought we were skipping my birthday this year to focus on Brigid's"

As IF! ::wow:

42083511620_fdda9a3fba_b.jpg

GENTLEMAN ADVENTURER! by Megan O'Brien, on Flickr

I am going to redo the picture when I get the miniature in hand and painted.

I've gotten attached to that figure. ::):

• Like 1