Reaper Ron

ReaperCon 2018 Hotel Booking Link

ReaperCon is excited to announce that the housing link for ReaperCon 2018 is now available!

ReaperCon will be held at the Embassy Suites Denton Convention Center in Denton, Texas August 30th through September 2nd, 2018. The Embassy Suites by Hilton is a brand new hotel and convention center that just opened this month. You can book your room by going to this link: ReaperCon 2018 Embassy Suites

When booking, be sure the 2018 RCON REAPER MIN box is checked to get the rate.

The room rate for Single/Double occupancy is only $119.00 per night (plus taxes). The cutoff date for this special rate is August 8, 2018.

Here's what your paid stay at the Embassy Suites will get you during ReaperCon:

• Two different, brand new, exclusive ReaperCon Special Edition Miniatures that will be FREE to Embassy Suites guests (two models per registered hotel guest)
  • A $25 ReaperCon gift certificate good at the Reaper Booth at ReaperCon (one gift certificate per registered hotel guest)
  • Complimentary pass to the Wednesday night Meet and Greet dinner (one pass per guest)
  • Each room is a 500 square foot suite feature a separate living room with sofa bed, a work desk, wet bar area with mini-fridge, microwave and a coffeemaker. 
  • Free made-to-order breakfast (not a continental breakfast) every morning
  • Complimentary evening reception each night from 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM featuring soft drinks, adult beverages, and appetizers 
  • Free shuttle service to downtown Denton and Rayzor Ranch
  • Free Wi-Fi
  • Free parking

For all other Embassy Suites amenities, please see this link: Embassy Suites Amenities

See you at the fire pit!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Reaper Ron said:

Here's what your paid stay at the Embassy Suites will get you during ReaperCon:

• Complimentary evening reception each night from 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM featuring soft drinks, adult beverages, and appetizers 

Won't this conflict with dinner? Meat-and-Greet? Is the con even offering dinner banquets/buffets this year?

• Like 1

Question in regards to the special minis. How does a paying roommate qualify for those? I'm going about 60/40 on the rate with someone. I'd hate for them to lose out on those.

• Like 1

You'd have to register 2 persons to the room, even if you're not sharing the bed. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Won't this conflict with dinner? Meat-and-Greet? Is the con even offering dinner banquets/buffets this year?

Nope, we're not offering dinners this year. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

2 minutes ago, Reaper Ron said:

So will there be premium and VIP packages this year, and any idea at this point what the differences will be? OR is the hotel option the VIP this year?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, haldir said:

Question in regards to the special minis. How does a paying roommate qualify for those? I'm going about 60/40 on the rate with someone. I'd hate for them to lose out on those.

When you check in the plan is (now) that the front desk will hand one Gift Certificate and 2 minis for *each* name listed on the room. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Reaper Ron said:

Awww bummer, we look forward to having Rudys

every year. :(

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MissMelons said:

Awww bummer, we look forward to having Rudys

every year. :(

Rudy's is just right down the road! :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Looking forward to seeing the remaining info on the con with the changes.

One thing I have noticed on the rate different from the Hilton Garden is that we can get the same rate before and after the “con” dates.  Where they would not give it.

Edited by Harrek
  • Like 6

I think that Reaper Brian  Ron is off to a good start if he is one of the people involved in getting this phenomenal rate.

Is this going to be the Headquarters Hotel / Venue for multiple years or is this a one shot deal?

Disappointed about no Reaper Sponsored Meals, but from experience I know what an additional load this puts on the Host Committee for any event.  I'm sure that the Forumites will be able to make suitable arrangements for group meals.

Looking forward to actually meeting as many forumites in person as possible.

233 days to Denton!

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
fingers can't spell correctly - especially when the brain isn't properly engaged
  • Like 2

[MOD]

Several posts have been split off into the "Reapercon 2018 Enthusiasm and Chatter" thread: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/77608-reapercon-2018-enthusiasm-and-chatter/

Please keep this thread for questions only to make it easy to locate answers. Thank you!

[/MOD]

Edited by OneBoot
Formatting
  • Like 3

On 1/9/2018 at 7:37 PM, Green Eyed Monster said:

I think that Reaper Brian  Ron is off to a good start if he is one of the people involved in getting this phenomenal rate.

Is this going to be the Headquarters Hotel / Venue for multiple years or is this a one shot deal?

More like Reaper Adrienne. She's the one who single-handedly slew the Hotel Dragon. She's...tenacious. :)

Yes, the show will be at this location for at least Labor Day Weekend 2018 and 2019.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

When the deal was done did you yell, "ADRIENNE!!!!"??

As for a serious question on what is mention in the first post... 

• Two different, brand new, exclusive ReaperCon Special Edition Miniatures that will be FREE to Embassy Suites guests (two models per registered hotel guest)

These are not special minis just for those getting rooms, correct?

The minis that are free to hotel guests are just a perk for those staying at the Embassy Suites. The minis will still be available for non-hotel guests to get at the Reaper Booth.

Edited by Reaper Ron
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2