Reaper Ron

ReaperCon 2018 Hotel Booking Link

17 hours ago, Reaper Ron said:

The minis that are free to hotel guests are just a perk for those staying at the Embassy Suites. The minis will still be available for non-hotel guests to get at the Reaper Booth.

Thanks for the info.  I was going to book a room and sublease it cheap just to get any special minis. :P

I got problems.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Are there any more options for rooms with two beds? The only option I could choose from was 1 King-size bed.

• Like 1

Can anyone provide a list of nearby places to eat lunch / Dinner?

(Depending on what the 'light hors d'oeuvres are, as I can make a meal of those things....)

• Like 2

Restaurants close to hotel:

Across Street

Houlihan's (American)

At Corner (~1 mile)

Cracker Barrel

McDonalds

In-n-Out Burger

Braums (burgers)

Raising Cain (Chicken)

Freebirds (burittos)

Whataburger

Chik-fil-a

Taco Cabana

Taco Casa

There is also a grocery store essentially next door to the hotel.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Most certainly.  The restaurants above are all within only 1-2 miles.  The hotel is also located at a fairly busy interchange, plus the university is not too far away.  There are all kinds of places just a bit further down the road.

• Like 2

Glad to see this thread up. Does anyone know if this information is being communicated elsewhere, as well (Facebook, etc.)? I missed the January message about a new block being opened up.

As such, I reserved my room before the newest block was opened (but after the previous one, last year) - so I missed the Reaper rates on both sides. Is it likely that there will be any additional blocks opened in the foreseeable future?

Thanks, all...

-Darren

On 1/9/2018 at 4:43 PM, Reaper Ron said:

Nope, we're not offering dinners this year. 

You may wish to update the https://reapercon.com/  page. It seems to indicate that a VIP pass will include :

• ReaperCon Dinner Pass - you'll get four dinners at ReaperCon consisting of Wednesday's Meet N Greet, Thursday's BBQ, Friday's VIP Dinner, and Saturday's Hall of Fame Dinner. Choose Vegetarian or Regular

I am guessing this is carried over from last year. And its a bummer because I took advantage of the dinner deals for the last two years.

buckyball

24 minutes ago, buckyball said:

You may wish to update the https://reapercon.com/  page. It seems to indicate that a VIP pass will include :

• ReaperCon Dinner Pass - you'll get four dinners at ReaperCon consisting of Wednesday's Meet N Greet, Thursday's BBQ, Friday's VIP Dinner, and Saturday's Hall of Fame Dinner. Choose Vegetarian or Regular

I am guessing this is carried over from last year. And its a bummer because I took advantage of the dinner deals for the last two years.

buckyball

If you look closely a lot of the Reapercon website hasn't been updated from last year.

I seem to recall that it was stated shortly after the dates were announced that there would not be any formal meals planned for this years Con.

GEM

11 hours ago, Tristram said:

As such, I reserved my room before the newest block was opened (but after the previous one, last year) - so I missed the Reaper rates on both sides. Is it likely that there will be any additional blocks opened in the foreseeable future?

Thanks, all...

-Darren

I am curious about this as well. I found out that I will not be going alone as I planned and now need my own room instead of squeezing in with someone else. 

The $119 room deal is apparently for a two room suite with two queen sized beds. I am tempted to bring a table to run rpgs in my hotel room.

Room Details: 2 QUEEN BEDS 2 ROOM SUITE Non Smoking Room

Enjoy true comfort in our modern two-room family friendly suite with a private sleeping area featuring two queen size beds, a spacious closet, work desk and 49-inch HDTV. The separate living area provides space to relax and includes a sofa bed, work space, second 49-inch HDTV and wet bar equipped with a small refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker. Additional in-suite amenities include safe, iron and board, eco-chic bath amenities by Giovanni and hairdryer. Always included with your stay is a free made-to-order breakfast and evening reception featuring beer, wine, premium spirits and light snacks (must be of legal drinking age). WiFi available.

buckyball

• Like 5