Jeepnewbie

Great Small Container For Basing

While at Reaper Con I got some basing material from FrontLine that came in a great small container. I was at the Dollar Tree the other day and came across some that are really similar. They aren’t big so they won’t hold a lot, however they are great for keeping just a little at my desk with the bigger containers put away. They are called sure fresh in a 10 pack. 

Edited by Jeepnewbie
Added name

1 hour ago, Jeepnewbie said:

They aren’t big so they won’t hold a lot, however they are great for keeping just a little at my desk with the bigger containers put away.

Pics?

Sorry I didn’t have a pic when I posted it. 

Hope this helps some folks looking for a great way to carry their basing material when traveling. 

197BDEB3-9E8F-4634-8C5E-C50FCA41B3A4.jpeg

Edited by Jeepnewbie
Grammar
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

For what its worth, I've been using small ziploc containers for the same purpose. You can find small round ones (sort of like for a single serving of soup) that have a screw on lid and those are pretty cheap too.

• Like 2

Several of the dollar stores carry them.  I have some with red lids that we use in lunch bags for things like pickles and other condiments.  I got mine at Family Dollar. 

I use the glass jars from mushrooms containers I buy at supermarket. Like the point you made they're small so I can keep many on a book shelf while the bulk I keep in a huge plastic container of mini stuff. The mushrooms jars a similar to baby food jars in size.

Those look like good containers. I'm using sour cream and margarine tubs and parmesan cheese jars for my basing materials. The lids on the cheese jars have holes so it works decent for sprinkling. We eat a fair amount of these so I have all I need with them.

• Like 1

Awesome there are a lot of great choices everyone is posting. I did use the Betty Crocker containers so I could stack them. 

I dont use the glass as I’m afraid I’ll drop it (I’ve drop a few of my minis). 

How ever very mention of the screw on lids (plastic and glass containers alike) gives me an idea. 

While wood ops working I saw glass jars with the lids secured to the shelves so the jars could hang. 

This is could be applied to basing material. 

9E2C6C7A-BE73-42A4-B0A0-63970D4D5309.jpeg

• Like 4

My Dad did something like that for his workbench way back when. He used all the Gerber's Baby Food jars that I emptied for him.

The jars stored screw, nails, & such useful stuff...my Dad was into useful.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 5