Sign in to follow this  
MojoBob

FitzBones: 77305 Gelatinous Cube

2018-01-12-GelatinousCube-001.jpg

Here's the translucent Bones 77305 Gelatinous Cube. Being translucent, it's a bit of a tricky thing to photograph.

I haven't put any paint on the cube itself at all; I've seen some translucent figures that have been tinted in various ways in an attempt to bring out the detail, but in my opinion the results are seldom successful.

2018-01-12-GelatinousCube-002.jpg

It comes in three parts; two for cube itself, which I joined with clear silicon sealer, and one for what is supposed to be the contents of its last meal, a rather nice pile of skeletonized adventurers and their gear. I painted them in very high contrast, in the hopes that some of the detail would be able to be seen through the cube's walls....

2018-01-12-GelatinousCube-003.jpg

The hapless adventurers are supposed to form the base of the creature, but they're completely wasted as a model that way, as once they're inside the thing they can only be made out as a blurry, formless blob.

So instead, I've kept them separate, and they'll come in useful as dungeon dressing. A pile of skeletonized corpses will always come in handy.

• Like 12

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MojoBob
      I found this model somewhere on the internet, alone and uncredited, so I have no idea who made it or what it is or anything. People have suggested that it's a Kirby, whatever that is, with a human face pasted on.

I like it, and I'll print about a dozen of them, and make up some stats to use them in my D&D campaign in some way. I'm leaning towards some kind of waddling tar-baby critter, but we shall see.

The original model was only about 1.5mm tall, so I've rescaled it by 1500% to roughly 20mm.
    • By MojoBob
      This is a model by Duncan Louca, one of a set of three demons. The other two of the set are on the printer as I write this.

I've printed it at 0.08mm in PLA on my Ender-3, scaled at 150% which brings it up to about 50mm tall. I added a base of my own, as the models are provided baseless.
    • By MojoBob
      Here we have yet another of Reaper's plastic Bones miniatures, from one or other of the Kickstarters. I don't know the SKU. I've mounted it on a steel washer, and extended the base texture with Green Stuff.

He's a stout fellow, in every sense of the word, but I get the feeling he might be a bit of a bastard if you cross him.

This guy is painted as a more or less mediaeval European mendicant friar, though the weapon is one the Japanese call tetsubo, an iron-bound club-staff. It was notoriously used by some of the militant Japanese Buddhist monkish sects for killing people without (theoretically, though probably not actually) spilling their blood. There was one sect who carried their sacred bits and pieces in a casket into battle, and threw it into the enemy lines to inspire the monks to a fanatical frenzy to get it back. They were, let's face it, completely barmy.
    • By MojoBob
      This is a three-dimensional doodle I did in Blender in the process of teaching myself how to use its Sculpt mode to create organic forms. I had no plan at all when I started out with a simple cube, and it just ended up getting creepy so I went with it.

The figure is one of the Bones Townsfolk, the bartender, who I've made a bit more sinister with his bloody hands and apron.

I printed the cube on my Ender 3 FDM machine at 0.2mm in PLA. Hopefully it will inspire a certain degree of disquiet among my players.
    • By MojoBob
      89023: Balazar, Iconic Summoner by Bobby Jackson

I assume this figure is meant to be a gnome; he's very short for a human, and he's lacking the beard of a dwarf.
      I find painting yellows and oranges very difficult. They tend to be colours with very low opacity, and getting an even coverage requires several coats.
  • Who's Online   36 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)