Sign in to follow this  
MojoBob

FitzBones: 77305 Gelatinous Cube

2018-01-12-GelatinousCube-001.jpg

Here's the translucent Bones 77305 Gelatinous Cube. Being translucent, it's a bit of a tricky thing to photograph.

I haven't put any paint on the cube itself at all; I've seen some translucent figures that have been tinted in various ways in an attempt to bring out the detail, but in my opinion the results are seldom successful.

2018-01-12-GelatinousCube-002.jpg

It comes in three parts; two for cube itself, which I joined with clear silicon sealer, and one for what is supposed to be the contents of its last meal, a rather nice pile of skeletonized adventurers and their gear. I painted them in very high contrast, in the hopes that some of the detail would be able to be seen through the cube's walls....

2018-01-12-GelatinousCube-003.jpg

The hapless adventurers are supposed to form the base of the creature, but they're completely wasted as a model that way, as once they're inside the thing they can only be made out as a blurry, formless blob.

So instead, I've kept them separate, and they'll come in useful as dungeon dressing. A pile of skeletonized corpses will always come in handy.

• Like 11

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MojoBob

Here's one of the Cthulhu Mythos creatures from Kickstarter III, a Gug. I really don't know what that is; I've played a bit of Call of Cthulhu from time to time, but never come across one of these. I suppose I could look it up, but I'm lazy.

• By MojoBob

I'm not sure if this figure is actually meant to be a half-orc or not, but that's what I'm using it for. I have a pair of half-orc twins in my campaign, a brother and sister, and they need some figures.

• By MojoBob

This is one of the Cthulhoid critters from the recent Bones Kickstarter. I think they call it Spawn of Shub-Niggurath, but I'm not completely sure about that.

Just a side note: Windows 10 did an update recently, and since then Photoshop's colour balance has gone entirely to broccoli. What I see in Photoshop has no relation to what I get as output, and I'm really struggling to figure out how to get it back. That's why all of these images are too blue.

• By MojoBob
      This is a piece that came in the Mythos expansion pack to the Bones III kickstarter, a good old-fashioned stone sacrificial altar. Tim the Enchanter I've shown before; he's just there for scale.

This is the sort of terrain piece that comes in handy quite a lot. I can foresee getting plenty of use out of it. Unfortunately, I'm a little short of terrified and helpless sacrificial victims; I shall have to see what I can do about that.

• By MojoBob
      I thought it had been too long since I painted a fantasy figure, so I reached into my Big Bag O' Monsters and this was the one that came out.
      (Full multi-angle image linked due to excessive boobies):
      https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rmDg_Rk9xkw/WYFH353IOlI/AAAAAAAAIps/cuqeA94FFScu0brueXZlQcGYawXQthsuwCLcBGAs/s1600/20170802ReaperHarpy.jpg

It's 77041 Harpy by Julie Guthrie. As usual for me these days, it's one of the plastic Bones miniatures, and if you want one it will cost you the princely sum of about three of those Yankee dollars.
  • Who's Online   22 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)