thelonegoldfish

Trying to find a dwarf librarian/sage

I'm trying to find a dwarf librarian/sage/cleric character.

Something similar to this but a dwarf would be perfect: https://www.stonehavenmini.com/collections/elves/products/sh0049

https://www.reapermini.com/FigureFinder#detail/02601 is good, but I'm hoping to find something a little more academicy and less giant wapony.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

• Like 1

I would've suggested Grayrune, too. I think you could do pretty well with him if you clipped most of the spiky bits off his crowsbeak and either made it a candelabra ( the bones candelabra would make this pretty easy to convert) or give it a hook with a lantern hanging from it (the bones undertaker has a nice lantern for the purpose). You could also pretty easily clip the top and bottom from the polearm and swap in a wizard's staff (from a bones weapon pack or a different bones wizard).

You could also use...ah, what's his real name? I know him as "Gandwarf," he was in either the first or second bones KS. No book, but he looks more like a greybeard than a war wizard.

• Like 2

Armored or unarmored?  There are a number of dwarf wizards in the Reaper lines, and it wouldn't be difficult to add a book to them...

If you like the look of the one you linked to, you could just cut the head off the hammer and make it a staff or walking stick.

• Like 1

There are a number of companies that make 28mm scale books, and you could easily glue some of them onto a figure's belt and fashion a pouch or strap for them.

• Like 1

Seems like there are several Dwarf Clerics, Wizards, and even Rogues that could be kit-bashed into something appropriate.

It's times like this, though, that I really want to beat the drum some more for new Bones character models that are better-suited for conversion to these sorts of character concepts:

• more human and (especially) non-human "townsfolk" (I could think of a zillion NPC uses alone for nerdy- or shifty-looking dwarfs carrying or studying big books!  The same goes for unarmored characters using unusual tools - magnifying glasses, hammers/wrenches/screwdrivers/pliers/chisels/paint-brushes/whittling-knives/fishing-poles/whatever, brooms, umbrellas, parchments (maps? scrolls? shopping lists? who knows?) lab equipment, parcels and packages....  There are, no doubt, zillions of potential PC uses as well!)
  • more of the less-common classes and races and class/race combinations (it's a shame we don't see more Dwarf sages and alchemists, and such, for example; even human monks and psionic models are rarities - non-human ones are all but unheard of!)
  • more Bones conversion bits, especially non-weapon bits like books, lanterns, and such (I know there are tons of metal bits out there, but "Bonesium" is such a conversion-friendly material!)
Edited by YronimosW
  • Like 1

Little late to the party, but Atlantis Miniatures here in the UK have a resin dwarf scribe/loremaster as part of their Kickstarter that's set to fulfill in April. Bit of a wait before it'll get to retail, but it looks like it might fit the bill.

• Like 2

This guy is from Oathsworn. I don't remember if he's still in their catalogue though.

IMG_1581.thumb.JPG.68f82cdd734921de56992a97869af4bb.JPG

IMG_1582.thumb.JPG.bb2a06306af49a3854a235be241c61b4.JPG

• Like 3

Grenadier had a Dwarf  Wizard with staff and book.

If you can't find it on Ebay, Mirlinton has the molds and sells this one still

DW011.jpg

• Like 1

Hasslefree Miniatures Grimdalf and his apprentice Heyu....

The Atlantis Miniatures dwarven scribe really fits the bill but he might have been a campaign exclusive. It looks like there's a few spare ones left up for preorder but they appear to be sold out at the moment. You might want to pop Atlantis Miniatures an email and ask if he's likely to become available later on.

hfd012 grimdald.jpg

d021.jpg

Dwarf_Preorder_Scribe_f6837261-0963-48ea-bb86-c2aa07b6699d_grande.jpg

Dwarf_Preorder_Scribe2_grande.jpg

Edited by Balgin Stondraeg
  • Like 5