Lucian523

Reaper & Darksword Minis

I agree with the Wolf of Glitter, the pirate girl is awesome!  

I have wanted to paint some Dark Swords miniature.  How did you like them? 

I am trying to take the year off from buying any new miniatures so I might have to wait awhile. 

Thank you all for the kind comments.

Hi Necromancer, I definitely do like the Darksword mini's a lot, but for table top play I think I'm going to be using mostly the reaper mini's. Some of the Dark sword minis like the Roose Bolton & Petry Baelish will probably be just fine for table top. But some of the others, I guess you could say that they are sculpted to have really realistic proportions which makes them great for display mini's, but not very durable for tabletop play. See the images below, I've already primed them black so they are a bit hard to see.

20180113_124518_resized.thumb.jpg.74c926bf860aab57d29f056a1c3d14d0.jpg

In the first picture you can see Damar by Reaper, and a Darksword Sorceress. The mage staff on the sorceress is much thinner, which looks great from a aesthetic point, but would likely get damaged very easily.

20180113_124526_resized.thumb.jpg.e638b13d7586a05e2f7a53b0c6d634a6.jpg

In the second picture you can compare Lysette by Reaper to a Darksword Fighter, notice that the mini on the right has a very thin lifelike profile blade. Again looks great, but this one will be a display mini also. 

The Darksword minis are also kinda on the tall side, you can definitely use them with Reaper Minis, but they might not fit in with the old 25mm (actual) minis from the old days.

Edited by Lucian523