Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I've had a lot of fun this august painting a bunch of miniatures.
The first of them is that gorgeous sculpt from Darksword miniatures. Their figures have that old school fantasy look that it's really enjoyable, and a pleasure to paint.
I love the character Medea, from Greek Mythology: my first idea was to copy the Medea on "Medea and Jason" from Pre-Raphaelite artist John William Waterhouse: but then I realized I've been using a red palette too much lately, so I changed to an orange-yellow one I've been wanting to try since I painted Ariel's wings. Since I've also abandoned the freehand arabesque I planned to paint and gived her a tan, the resemblance to what had to be is near to zero right now...
Ultimately I'm happy with it, although I may have overhighlighted it.
P.S. Thanks to the photo I realize now I painted her strabic....
Pretty late in the mini to start a WIP but I could use some thoughts and suggestions, in particular in the area of contrast. I am looking to bring up the contrast on the scales but I don't want to shift to an orange or pink. The skin shows a decent contrast but to my eye it's more orange than red at this point. I love the different shading going on for each scale type but I want more from the upper body scales without going into orange and yellow.
My challenge to myself this year is to gel my reds to be red. It's not an easy color to work with and a lot of these paints are either transparent or chalk when thinned. It has been a long road to get this far but I want a richer color.
Thoughts would be welcomed along with critique. Pictures were snapped off my work bench but I will shoot for better ones this weekend. In the meantime...
the photos are raw and taken without flash to try and show the pieces in the most natural light
The body. Trying for three textures plus the crest. The heavy armored back scales are under layered with corpreal shadow to make them stand out, then shaded from a dark purple red to blood red. The body scales are undershaded with brick red and shaded up to a highlight of Phoenix red. The body skin on the arms starts at Gore red and shaded up to a lantern yellow. Problem is with the body. I would like more highlight but whatever I try changes the tone to either orange or pink.
The head: still a work in progress. Needing to clean up the horns and again highlight without going to the orange or pink
Upper side of wing. Looking pretty good although a set of missed mold lines is making me repaint the horns
Wing underside. Subdued and darker as this part is solidly cast in shadow and the horns are in the process of being repainted... again
So thanks again for anyone who would like to help out.
That frog is finished.. finally...going to take some rest from scene set doing some more simple figure and base before go into my next one ( already have an idea with Reaper bones figure this time :D )
My WIP for this project here :
Well..let keep it busy, so starting a new minis / scenery with this cute frog and it bumblebee :)
Just to change from the big muscle fighter guys or the green guy haha ( well frog skin may tend to be greenish though...)
So very first beginning..as I do usually zenithal prime on the figure..and blocked out my base shape ( this one I am going to use the water texture from Vallejo, thus the hole made in the base )
Something I painted for a friend. This is tiefling #2 of 5 so far. Hoping that before he starts the new campaign that players may pick as their characters.
A short work in progress can be found on my just for fun blog/website EYEDAMAGEART
Fire and Ice!
Who's Online 8 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)