Geoff Davis

DSM5058 Lady in Waiting #2

Absolutely lovely!  The colors in particular, it is not easy to pull off a redhead in a red velvet dress and have it all look right.  Plus the freehand, as already mentioned.  ^_^

• Thanks 1

Magnificent work.

Beautiful miniature, base, and freehand.

Just a very very accomplished piece !!

• Thanks 1

Colors are great!  Love the shading on the white and the free hand is awesome!  I also love her skin, it is shaded very nicely!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lucian523
      Hi It's been a while since I've posted. Here are my most recent minis painted in November/December. Also my first two Darksword mini's are in the group.
      I'll try to get better at photography, I made a Light box, but the results weren't good, so I just placed the mini's on the desk. Can't decide flash or no flash,
      I feel the flash brings out the highlights more though. Also the mini's have a weird mix of NMM attempts and Metallic paints.
      Mini's are;
      Anduriel - Reaper
      Bjorn - Reaper
      Maria - Reaper
      Trista - Reaper
      Petyr - Darksword
      Roose - Darksword

Thanks for Looking

• By Bonnie Bailey
      Heya! Just started two new projects and I am excited to share. I didn't know which one to do first so I prepped them both. This is my first time at a resculpt. Nothing major. I covered the mold lines on Yephima's hair and on her back. For the chipmunk mage, resculpted the tortoise shell because I didn't think there was enough definition. Also I had to fix the scroll because there was a hole. I am undecided on the color schemes, but for Yephima I am thinking a clouds at sunrise palette. Any thoughts from you folks?

• By PurpleLlama
      I'm going to be playing in a second D&D group starting in a couple of weeks so I decided to get started on painting up my new character.  I'm using darksword miniatures male warrior as my 2-handed vengeance paladin.  It's really the only two handed weapon sculpt I could find that I really liked.

I decided to just leave him on his base with how the sword is.  I had to assemble the hand with the sword as there were two options for weapons, the greatsword and a great axe.  

Mold lines really weren't too bad.

I decided to go with a red cloak since he's going to be from the order of the gilded eye.  Their symbol looks to be a red background with a white gauntlet with an eye on the fist.  I don't think I'm going to add the symbol to the cloak.  Maybe if he had a shield I would give some freehand a try.

Most of the base base coating is completed and I got started on the eyes. The armor I base coated a dark grey as I plan to highlight up from there to make the armor white.  So the only areas the base coat should be showing is the shaded areas.  I might add or subtract some gold details on the armor as I progress.  Also the boots seem like they should be leather the more that I look at the details.

For the most part they don't look too bad.  I'm going to try and get the black outline a little thinner when I do the skin.  Also the left eye is a little larger than the right, but I don't think it looks too bad.  I'm undecided on touching it at this point because I don't want to really mess it up.

• By Mutilatedlips
      Delicate piece. Glued a swordhand, head, tail, wings and a dagger. Wish i had more time, but i had to call finished at this point. Spent about a week more than usual on him. So much going on with him.

• By Silvervane
      Angelica is finally finished.  I went back to my WIP thread, and I realized I started her over a year ago.  She has been sitting on my desk waiting to be based for a while now.  I decided to go with a relatively simple base.  I really enjoyed painter her up.. I hope you enjoy seeing her finished up.  I certainly do.

Thanks for looking and any C&C you feel to give.
  • Who's Online   50 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)