Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Hi It's been a while since I've posted. Here are my most recent minis painted in November/December. Also my first two Darksword mini's are in the group.
I'll try to get better at photography, I made a Light box, but the results weren't good, so I just placed the mini's on the desk. Can't decide flash or no flash,
I feel the flash brings out the highlights more though. Also the mini's have a weird mix of NMM attempts and Metallic paints.
Anduriel - Reaper
Bjorn - Reaper
Maria - Reaper
Trista - Reaper
Petyr - Darksword
Roose - Darksword
Thanks for Looking
By Bonnie Bailey
Heya! Just started two new projects and I am excited to share. I didn't know which one to do first so I prepped them both. This is my first time at a resculpt. Nothing major. I covered the mold lines on Yephima's hair and on her back. For the chipmunk mage, resculpted the tortoise shell because I didn't think there was enough definition. Also I had to fix the scroll because there was a hole. I am undecided on the color schemes, but for Yephima I am thinking a clouds at sunrise palette. Any thoughts from you folks?
I'm going to be playing in a second D&D group starting in a couple of weeks so I decided to get started on painting up my new character. I'm using darksword miniatures male warrior as my 2-handed vengeance paladin. It's really the only two handed weapon sculpt I could find that I really liked.
I decided to just leave him on his base with how the sword is. I had to assemble the hand with the sword as there were two options for weapons, the greatsword and a great axe.
Mold lines really weren't too bad.
I decided to go with a red cloak since he's going to be from the order of the gilded eye. Their symbol looks to be a red background with a white gauntlet with an eye on the fist. I don't think I'm going to add the symbol to the cloak. Maybe if he had a shield I would give some freehand a try.
Most of the base base coating is completed and I got started on the eyes. The armor I base coated a dark grey as I plan to highlight up from there to make the armor white. So the only areas the base coat should be showing is the shaded areas. I might add or subtract some gold details on the armor as I progress. Also the boots seem like they should be leather the more that I look at the details.
For the most part they don't look too bad. I'm going to try and get the black outline a little thinner when I do the skin. Also the left eye is a little larger than the right, but I don't think it looks too bad. I'm undecided on touching it at this point because I don't want to really mess it up.
Angelica is finally finished. I went back to my WIP thread, and I realized I started her over a year ago. She has been sitting on my desk waiting to be based for a while now. I decided to go with a relatively simple base. I really enjoyed painter her up.. I hope you enjoy seeing her finished up. I certainly do.
Thanks for looking and any C&C you feel to give.
Who's Online 49 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)
- Froggy the Great
- Paradoxical Mouse
- Grumpy Cave Bear
- Cranky Dog
- Mr Melons
- Lidless Eye
- Xiwo Xerase
- Geoff Davis