Jump to content

SGHawkins09

Stop Thief: Mousling Diorama

Recommended Posts

This is so nicely laid out and painted. Really cute! Such a great scene!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I adore this diorama! It is thoroughly cute and fabulous! The portrait of the wizard is wonderful! The detail on the wizard's glasses is fantastic. 

 

Feedback? You are somewhat inconsistent with use of contrast. Look at the portrait of the wizard - lots of contrast in the face, and well distributed. The thief next to the portrait has a lot of contrast like that too. He has a ton of detail with contrast and color. The wizard himself however has less contrast, or not as distributed. The beard has black and white, but less contoured. The pointy hat is also low on contrast. 

 

All much more nitpicky details, but you asked for some feedback so... tada! Truly, the diorama is awesome though. It is really enjoyable to see the storytelling detail you put into this. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you everyone!

 

6 hours ago, Cyradis said:

I adore this diorama! It is thoroughly cute and fabulous! The portrait of the wizard is wonderful! The detail on the wizard's glasses is fantastic. 

 

Feedback? You are somewhat inconsistent with use of contrast. Look at the portrait of the wizard - lots of contrast in the face, and well distributed. The thief next to the portrait has a lot of contrast like that too. He has a ton of detail with contrast and color. The wizard himself however has less contrast, or not as distributed. The beard has black and white, but less contoured. The pointy hat is also low on contrast. 

 

All much more nitpicky details, but you asked for some feedback so... tada! Truly, the diorama is awesome though. It is really enjoyable to see the storytelling detail you put into this. 

 

 

Thank you you for the feedback, I definitely see what you mean. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SGHawkins09 said:

Thank you everyone!

 

 

 

Thank you you for the feedback, I definitely see what you mean. 

 

I hope it wasn't disheartening. The diorama is super heartful and awesome :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

 

I hope it wasn't disheartening. The diorama is super heartful and awesome :)

 

It wasn’t and I really do appreciate the feedback. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i liked it already before i saw the backside... i was marveling at how brilliantly you froze a moment that captured the whole story

 

then i saw the back and the story got ever more delicious!

 

really nice work - a well deserved win!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BananeDC said:

I love the diorama, and especially the portrait. Wonderful job !

 

Thank you! The portrait was a gamble as I really suck when it comes to 2d painting. I really wanted to do it and so I cheated by painting over the black and white photo from the Reaper store. That gave me an idea of where to place the shadows and highlighting.

 

 

3 hours ago, kitenerd said:

i liked it already before i saw the backside... i was marveling at how brilliantly you froze a moment that captured the whole story

 

then i saw the back and the story got ever more delicious!

 

really nice work - a well deserved win!

 

Thanks! I always like to add something to backside as an "easter egg" of sorts. Also I liked the idea of the wizard catching the one thief but the other escapes with some loot.

 

 

2 hours ago, jdizzy001 said:

The mouseling minis are a great addition to any collection and this diorama is full of character

 

Thank you. Yeah, the mouslings are awesome. I wasn't sure about them at first but after painting my first one, I fell in love. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×