jonaas33

Ghost King 77161

Whipped this Ghost King up while I was taking a break from writing up an adventure.  Blue is my favorite color, and I decided to dive in head first with all of my different blue paints.  This is the first time I have tried adding high lights on the cloaks, and I think it made a huge difference.  Critiques and advice welcome as always, especially advice on high lights.  Thanks in advance!

20180114_172837-1.jpg

20180114_172849-1.jpg

20180114_172859-1.jpg

20180114_172906-1.jpg

Edited by jonaas33
  • Like 13

Nice choice of color, and the brass highlights on metal looks good.

Reminds me of when I did my version.

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Schirf
      Ok, painted one of these up a few months ago and just did the other 2 a couple weeks ago. Just picked up an airbrush so this was my first time trying out some zenithal highlighting. I'm pretty happy with how the new ones turned out.

First the old one

Then here is one of the new ones

And the group photo

• By Schirf
      Finished him up a week ago or so, but just got around to pics. Second attempt at NMM, not really happy with the results, but I suppose it works. Had further plans on doing OSL from the sword but was feeling finished by the time I got that far and decided good enough. May try and come back and add it in later though.

• By Sophie was taken
      Had an extra one of these lying about, and decided to experiment with a limited palette. Here’s how she turned out:

Front
      Back

Main colors used were MSP Woodland Brown, Brilliant Green, Scholar Flesh, and Yellowed Bone (and it’s triad).

Not completely happy with her skin tones, I tried everything up to Moth Green trying to get a light tone that still read as green. Wound up using one of the darkest greens I have, go figure. Shaded by gradually dropping the flesh tone until it was straight green, but it turned out to be a rather extreme color shift.

I like how the base and tree trunk came out, however. The ground shade was achieved by throwing some blues and yellows together until they stopped being bad and then painting some gray on the rocks.

All in all, I think it turned out all right for just messing around. Definitely something to practice in the future. Comments, critiques, and suggestions appreciated. 
  • Who's Online   18 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)