Had out latest game today! What a battle!  It was a real nail-biter against my arch-nemesis, Gregorius...and then the Monarch (T-Rex) entered! 

I’ll have the full edge-of-your-seat report, and photos, in a day or two! ::):

85002562-2CB5-4E4E-B782-F3AADE5925AF.jpeg

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 6

Tell me the Monarch won!

He didn't get hurt did he?

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Tell me the Monarch won!

He didn't get hurt did he?

You'll just have to wait and see!  :lol: 

• Like 1

Ok, as mentioned, we had our latest, and third, game of our campaign this past Saturday.  We played the Drichean Cages scenario from the core rulebook, in which we had to free prisoners held by the local population.    My report is now posted. Enjoy!

"...As the fight was ending, Marny, the Warden, ran up to help.   While the others hurriedly cleaned and sheathed their weapons, she went over to the prisoner , and taking him by the arm, tried gently but urgently, with soothing words, to get the quivering, sobbing, man to stand and go with them.
    They all knew the Monarch was very close now. In fact they could see him on the far bank of the stream less than 100 yards away.   "Quickly!" Lord Fortrywn said to his Niece.    The Heritor looked around at the carnage.  It seemed like there was no one left from Gregorious' crew. He surmised that they were probably all out of action, or ran at the sight of the Monarch.  But he was wrong..."

The Drichean Cages

fullsizeoutput_327e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_328a.jpeg

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 3

The monarch was a "gift" from my warden casting Beast Cry.  Always happy to help my fellow heritors.

Knabe

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 3/28/2018 at 12:39 PM, Chris Palmer said:

My report is now posted. Enjoy!

My favorite thing to see in this thread. I'm really enjoying your session reports, they really scratch that Ghost Archipelago itch when you can't play yourself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Rat13 said:

My favorite thing to see in this thread. I'm really enjoying your session reports, they really scratch that Ghost Archipelago itch when you can't play yourself. 

Thank you, Rat!   I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying the reports!   You won't have to wait long for another, as we play again in just over a week.  

Even though he was battered pretty good, Skorri still managed to pen a report from the last adventure.  Hope you enjoy it.

Knabe

Ghost Archipelago Campaign Game - Drichean Cages

Amras entered Skorri's room, "Good morning Sir, I see you are finally awake.  We are heading to the nearest port."  Seeing Skorri's confusion, Amras adds, "Let me fill you in on what happened once you.....ummm.....got injured."

20180324_092057.jpg

• Like 6

Wow, what a great battle report, Knabe!    I'm glad to find out what was happening down your end of the table.    I'm also glad to hear someone else was having trouble with their archery.  My Hunter never hit anyone, and I think my Archer only connected once (maybe twice).  Maybe there was a strange magic emanating from the old temple that affected arrows...

I'm looking forward to see what happens when you and Griffin face off against each other again (Maybe Saturday...). It will be epic. :)

Edited by Chris Palmer

11 minutes ago, Rob Dean said:

I (that is to say, Griffin) am hoping to be on the far side of the table from Skorri. :blink:

That can be arranged... ::D:

You need to start posting a report too, Rob.  Even if it's just a paragraph, or only some of your photos with captions.    The more the merrier! 

Working on some Talonjacks for this Saturday’s multiplayer version of the solo The Floating Hulk  scenario... 

45E8D2F0-A149-4343-9B5A-F581547AE2F8.jpeg

• Like 2

We played our fourth game this past Saturday.  A scenario called "The Island of Floating Hulks", based on a solo scenario, "The Floating Hulk", that was published in Wargames Illustrated.

What a game it was!   Nine long turns of carnage and glory.

"...Frantically, the Crew-woman began to paddle, but the creature had seen the small craft and sped towards it.    Arbyn set the oar down and, standing, brandished her sword.  She had been sailing most of her life, and was not afraid to face any monster of the sea with a good Elven blade in her hand. She smiled, and braced her feet in the rocking craft.   The Octopike disappeared a few yards from the boat; then with a shower of spray 8 powerful tentacles burst from the waves right next to the tiny vessel, and shot forward to wrap themselves around it's next meal.  But Arbyn, daughter of the sea, was not prepared to die that day..."

"...A shout behind her caught Gwyn's attention, and turning she crossed the deck.  Looking up, she saw one of Skorri's Archers up in the crows nest of a small derelict sloop right behind the blue-hulled ship.  He seemed to have found something, and was calling to his friends on the larger vessel behind.  Slowly, the Hunter raised her bow and notched an arrow.  Determinedly, she drew back the bow, despite the fiendish pain it caused her.  Gwynwater could feel a trickle of blood going down her back,  but she did not waiver.  A brightness shown in her eye for a brief flicker as she sighted down the shaft at her target.  "Let it fly true." she whispered to herself, and released the arrow..."

For the complete report and more photos, see: The Island of Floating Hulks

fullsizeoutput_333f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3330.jpeg

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 5