Darcstaar

77437 Winter Wolf, by Sandra Garrity

Thanks, everyone.

I spent some time on web images trying to find eye pictures to get them believable.  Glad you liked them.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Smokestack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/adammeyers/ultimate-spheres-of-power-the-complete-system-path/comments

About
      This project combines and updates the 5-Star, seal-of-approval Spheres of Power magic system into a single 400+ page volume!
      Spheres of Power was a new magic system released in 2014 and made for Pathfinder and other D20 systems. With its incredible flexibility and easy-to-use talent-based magic system, Spheres of Power quickly became a top-reviewed magic system and our top-selling product, and thanks to the generosity of patreon has been greatly expanded with the publication of over 20 handbooks of new and expanded content.
      Now it's time to take all the lessons we learned, all the adjustments that have been made, and create the final, authoritative version of Spheres of Power, combining everything the system has become into a single, ultimate edition!
       Ultimate Spheres of Power combines content from over 20 handbooks, including Spheres of Power, Expanded Options, Items of Power, The Temestarian's Handbook, The Telekinetic's Handbook, The Geomancer's Handbook, The Enhancer's Handbook, The Diviner's Handbook, The Abjurer's Handbook, The Auspician's Handbook, The Battlemage's Handbook, The Chronomancer's Handbook, The Conjurer's Handbook, The Creator's Handbook, The Destroyer's Handbook, The Illuminator's Handbook, The Mentalist's Handbook, The Necromancer's Handbook, The Nyctomancer's Handbook, The Shapeshifter's Handbook, The Trickster's Handbook, The Vivomancer's Handbook, and more into an updated, streamlined, and multi-faceted volume of amazing magic!
      Spheres of Power is an alternate magic system that completely breaks away from the old, vancian system of magic-use and instead presents players and GMs with the tools they need to forge magic and magic-users into whatever image they desire. Instead of being forced to adapt a concept to the system's spell lists and classes, Spheres of Power uses a tradition system for customizing the how's and why's of magic, as well as a talent-based system for building a caster's magic abilities.
      With Spheres of Power, you gain the freedom to break from the traditional molds of fantasy D20 and create virtually any form of world, setting, or caster, including from the Cosmere to Final Fantasy to RWBY and beyond.
      For more information, check out our video above, as well as noted reviewer Endzeitgeist's take on the original book! 
       Every backer will also be listed in the book as a supporter who helped make this book a reality!
        Stretch Goals are special bonuses that are unlocked as the project gains more funding. This could include the funding of additional product lines to be made available as add-ons, additional content for the book, new artwork, and more.
      Both the distribution of PDFs as well as the printing of the hard and softcover books will be done through DrivethruRPG's Print-on-Demand service. Not only does this allow us to do a limited print run, but also allows us to handle fulfillment outside North America with general ease.
    • By Kangaroorex
      Well, I did it.  We now have a cute little Christmas scene with mama Blightfang and her wee ones getting ready for the holidays!  A little early for some holiday cheer but it was fun 

Learned a few things: don't use wood glue to hold down snow it gives a disturbing yellow cast.  Blightfangs scales are actually leaves, making her more of a forest dragon than a classic green, and I think one of her children was adopted...

I really had a lot of fun with this, even if it wasn't my best work.  It came out well.  I really like the red and teal fades on the wings.

I hope everyone enjoys this little window into the holidays...

and one more thing.  Although it shows off the teal wings really well and it's an adventurers favorite view, the backside of a dragon is not the most exciting!

• By dks
      Sorry for being away from the Forum for so long.

So ... how does one pronounce "peryton"? 
      I've usually said it like "keratin" (stress on the first syllable), but I suppose it could rhyme with "enlighten" (stress on the second syllable) instead.
      I realized only weeks ago that I had been mispronouncing "wyvern" all my life, and the first syllable is long like "five", not short like "shiv".

Anyway...
      I taught a class called "Fur, Feathers, and Scales" class at ReaperCon 2018.
      I used the Bones peryton as a demonstration, because of the big feathered wings.
      The first-edition Monster Manual gives the coloration of a peryton as blue-black head, black horns, green wings, and blue chest (male) or drab chest (female).
      I showed my students pictures of real hawks and falcons, most of which have dark tips on their wing feathers, and sometimes a series of dark stripes. 
      Then I painted one of the peryton's wings to have stripes like that (black on green).

Now I've decided to paint the whole figure, to at least a good tabletop standard.
      I attached it to a 50mm round base, sculpted some extra rocks, and sculpted the skeleton of a past victim (a Reaper pewter skull, plus bones made from putty).
      Perytons bite the hearts out of their prey, so I made the skeleton's ribcage open/broken in front.

Here's how my version looked after I spent 2 hours slapping on Black Brush-on Primer and White Brush-on Primer, to establish the overall values.
      The primer didn't fully cover the striped green wing from my ReaperCon class.

Enjoy,
      Derek

• By Bit_Green
      Hello, this is my first post on the reaper forums.
      I wanted to share my most recently painted miniature, the Ogre Guard sculpted by Bobby Jackson.
      The base is made out of a 74036: 2" Round Base, some apoxie sculpt for the rocks, green flocking and some army painter grass tufts.

I picked this figure because while he is intimidating, he hasn't started attacking yet.
      This monster fits the look of both wild beast or gentle giant.

• By viking_hank
      I bought 4 faceless horrors painted OD green. After soaking them in SG for three days I still couldn’t get the paint off. So I decided to leave one green and repaint the other 3. One is done in purple/pink/white, one purple/brown/pale flesh, the other is purple/pinks/flesh. All the teeth are polished bone and linen white. Eyes are either clear red, fire orange, or sun yellow. Every one got clear coat to look slimy. Pic heavy. 

• Who's Online   31 Members, 2 Anonymous, 251 Guests (See full list)