Kangaroorex

The Hunter Hunted (Secret Sophie for Vegascat) pic heavy

Awesome!

BONUS POINTS for painting a WOLF!

Great use of those tiles, makes me think I need some!

*** That pesky human is going to miss the poor wolfie, right? RIGHT? RIGHT???***

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By LarsM
      After a long nights work at the Lucky Sunrise Inn, Eric the Bard stepped out of the back-stage door, he had rather heavy bag of gold hanging in his belt, it had been a good night. The streets were empty, and he began the walk home, but as he turned the first corner he saw the most beautifull sunrise over the roof tops. He just had to take his hat off and admire the sight...

Two old minis, probaly Ral Partha.
      The base is scratch build, mainly from sculpting clay, a bit of wire and green stuff and short piece of plastic tube. The skull and the 'Lucky'-sign (the shield) is from the bits box.
      I tried to work with a bit of NMM, but I'm too satisfied with it. Mostly the handle on the bards sword is a bit off.
      But in overall I'm happy with it, and it was a lot of fun to paint, I'm just a sucker of OSL so hope the effect is visible.

Any kind critiq is more than welcome, thanks for looking.

• By Glitterwolf
      So back to reposting my minis after the account crash.

This is Freebooter winged Vampire Raven, sh swoops down from this ruin to attack Hasslefree's Gen.
      I removed Gen's horns, I wanted her to look more human.

Gen's pics are linked cause, nude...mammal parts,

I like the wings, but overall I'm not so proud of this.
      Around this time ( years ago) I noticed my eyesight getting worse.
      Nowadays I use a visor.

https://postimg.org/image/ef2n7zl6d/

https://postimg.org/image/dcsgpgpid/

https://postimg.org/image/5k1sxhbth/

https://postimg.org/image/d012j9rt1/

• By Generic Fighter
      So, I got SGHawkins for my Secret Sophie. She said she would be starting Curse of Strahd soon, so I made Strahd...

Happy Vampire is Happy!

Also, i did a couple "Spell Effects" like this Dancing Magma Sword!

And a pair of the new WizKids unpainted minis. I chose the Dragonborn female Fighters set because Dragonborn are hard to find equivilents for outside the official minis and I wanted to try out painting a few of them for future referance. I really like the effect I made with the first's Fire Sword. The mini's Fire sword is made from clear plastic so I used Tamiya Clear "Paint" to shade it and a little bit of Sword steel paint to make it look like the sword is on fire but that it still is metal underneeth.

The second Dragonborn was a challenge from SGHawkins to "Try something new" so, I tried Non-Metalic Metal! I used the Copper/Bronze triad from the Bones 3 Kickstarter to attempt it. It came out okay I think, but I can do better in the future. Also, had fun with the Fire and Ice Axes.

SGHawkins, please post pictures of the items I included too. i did not get to take any pictures of the gifts as I was ill until yesterday evening.

GF
    • By Kangaroorex
      This is my painted mini for Wyvernfire's Secret Sophie.  The request was to try something new and since I hadn't done much in serious modding lately or in the world of steampunk so after listening to a bit too much Abney Park I decided to try to model a steampunk automaton at the moment of epiphany when it realizes that it must leave its birthplace or risk dying before it ever lived.

I started with 77514 because I liked the looks of the head and body.  I then chopped pretty much everything else off to change its positioning, bringing it from a very static pose to what I hope is a kneeling position struck by the light of revelation.  to give it more of a steampunk feel I added a boiler/power source to the back of the mini sculpted out of greenstuff and wood. 

Since I also received the bones three copper triad so I thought I would try some metal aging and distressing to go with the changes in the metal and to show the wear it went through.  when I got the mini done, I was originally going to try a winter scene with snow and brush but I thought the stark brick with pieces of broken gears and clockwork scattered on the ground would be more fitting (quite literally after I noticed it would fit inside a protective case that was lying around on my desk ).  the remains of the column was necess ary because I couldn't make its arm stretch to the ground without either bending him over (which was not the look I was going for) or making the arm look ridiculous.  I am really pleased with the way the sculpting came out and pretty pleased with the aging results of the copper triad as well as some of my pastel aging compounds on the steel portions.  I also liked the jewel effect on the boiler.  I need to practice some more on the verdigris but overall I am pleased with the result.

Anyway, here are the pictures!

• By SGHawkins09
      This was my second diorama for ReaperCon 2017 and was the one picked for judging. The idea for it actually began at last year's ReaperCon and was originally going to be the wizard catching the barbarian mousling breaking in. Over the year it evolved into a large scene than originally planned and I swapped out the barbarian for the two thieves/rogues. It ended up getting a gold medal and Mousling Honorable Mention.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Here is the WIP thread: Stop Thief!

Thank you to everyone who gave me feedback while creating this diorama.

• Who's Online   41 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)