Metalchaos

03477, Brain Horror

Awww, did someones nervous system need tubby time?  That looks really good!  nice jop on the water effects

• Thanks 1

That is a WONDERFULLY disturbing creation, BEAUTIFULLY painted & based, The extra little touches make the piece special. VERY WELL DONE!

• Thanks 1

I want to touch it!

It’s Absolutely beautiful, very well done.

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Schirf
      Painted this guy up real quick for a game I'm playing in. This was my first real use of the airbrush and I had a few flubs with the blending but overall I'm good with the results.

• By KruleBear
      The Dragon Hatchling sculpts are cute, but the Bones casts are terrible. Due to this I didn't try to clean them up well and just put them on new bases. Either way it is two more models off the bench and painted to an acceptable toy box level...and so what if I painted the geen one red and the black one green!

btw I touched up the splotchy black base rims after I took this picture. 

Comments encouraged,

Mike
    • By Geoff Davis
      77185: Large Earth Elemental Kevin Williams

This guy has been awaiting proper completion for about a year.  Every time I had grey paint left over, I added it to him.  I found him a struggle to complete because of his size and because of all the mold lines.  Every time I turned him around I found more that I missed when prepping him.  I finally gave up on trimming them and just gave him a proper base and a finished paint job.  It's still a speed paint, but at least he's done and ready for use in my D&D game. 

Only 30 projects left on my shelf of shame!

• By canuckotter
      Super quick paint job for these guys... My son wanted them for the Dragon Rampant army I'm painting him for Christmas, and I've still got a lot more to do so I everything I do in the next while is likely to be a bit rushed.

Base coat was Vallejo Model Air, Armour Brown, then drybrushed heavily with Desert Stone, lightly with Dirty Bone, then a little more heavily again with Olive Drab. The Olive Drab doesn't really show up in the picture but it's pretty decent in person - not overpowering, just enough to make them look more like old trees.

• By Maledrakh
      I really like these elementals' pose and sculpting. So much more imposing and dynamic compared to most other elementals I have seen.

Picking flowers...

There are many more pictures at my blog

Water Elemental was done as follows: first, an undercoat of clear matte varnish. This is key! I used Army Painter Anti Shine spray. Then some vallejo blue ink and when dry several light drybrushings with progressively lighter shades of pale blue up to almost pure white. Then some ancient citadel turquoise glaze here and there, all topped off with gloss varnish. I did some color shade variations all over this one, but I think maybe the gloss varnish fuffs it up so this can't really be seen in the pictures.
      Fire Elemental was done as follows: First the undercoat of clear matte varnish. Then several abortive attempts with yellow ink which did just not work until I abandoned that idea and undercoated it with three coats of opaque white. 
      After that successive layers of heavy to light drybrush with bright yello - golden yellow -dark pink - dark red brown and finally black.
      It is important to let the colours dry a bit between coats to avoid tearing off the layer below when drybrushing. Finish with dotting in some blues for the eyes.
      When painting fire like this, it looks pretty terrible up to the dark red brown layer. Suddenly, it looks pretty sweet indeed.

Earth Elemental was done as follows: black undercoart, then heavy drybrushed coat of dark green gray, followed by lighter coats of  yellow sand and light grey white.
      A stone combo that I think works so much better than just shades of grey, grey and grey.  
      I probably should have varied it more with different types and colours of rock represented. but I just could not be bothered as I just wanted it done at this point.
      I need my Bones 3 shipment to complete the set! When O when will it arrive? Wherefore art thou mine Large Air Elemental?

77311: Large Water Elemental
      Reaper Bones translucent blue
      from the second Bones KS
      unknown sculptor, as it is uncredited in the Reapermini.com listing.

77082: Large Fire Elemental
      Reaper Bones translucent orange
      from the first Bones KS
      sculpted by Julie Guthrie

77185: Large Earth Elemental
      Reaper Bones from the first Bones KS
      Sculpted by Kevin Williams

all in Bonesium PVC
      60mm Reaper display base

• Who's Online   42 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)