ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Information Thread

21 hours ago, Cyradis said:

I would assume that at that point (Closing of PM) we are unable to change pledge, but we can change shipping address (possibly with new shipping fee)? I have my pledge locked and am happy with it, but I will be moving addresses like... right after that date. 

You are correct, probably.  Yes, Addresses can be updated after the close of the PM until the time that postage is applied. 

However, as this is the first time we are charging shipping to all, I do not yet know our plan for how to collect shipping expense changes due to address changes post PM close.

Please revisit this question closer to PM close (end of July 2018).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/12/2018 at 2:58 PM, pinkymadigan said:

Would Mossbeard fit on a 75mm*75mm square base? It looks a bit large. I love the model but I can't really use anything bigger than that.

Can I get an official answer on how wide this guy's stride is?

13 hours ago, pinkymadigan said:

Can I get an official answer on how wide this guy's stride is?

Best I can find is that there were pics of the 3D sculpt at the after party, and it easily held two characters on its shoulders. Can't find it for the life of me, though.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Best I can find is that there were pics of the 3D sculpt at the after party, and it easily held two characters on its shoulders. Can't find it for the life of me, though.

If you base the stride length on the shoulder width, which is a fair approximation for human body structure characters, you can get a good guestimate using the description above.

For the sake of curiosity and discussion I just looked at a Wizards figure of a Treant [2016 copyright fig 45 of 45].

This figure has very narrow "shoulders" as the neck and head are basically the same width as the main trunk and the arms branch off of the trunk without a clearly defined shoulder.  This figure is 100 mm tall to the top of the head with branches sticking up another 24 mm.

The stride is 40mm.  The main trunk is an ovoid of 18 mm x 20 mm.

Sir Forscale has a roughly 8mm shoulder width and he fits comfortably under the trunk/torso of the Treant figure between the stride.

Based on these dimensions I estimate dimensions of 2 1/2 shoulder widths for the neck/head of the Mossbeard figure [20 mm] and 1 1/2 shoulder widths [12 mm] for the area between the figure on the shoulder and the point of the shoulder, split between each shoulder.

So that gives me an estimated stride of 48 mm.

The figure is on a 100 mm circular base.  It could fit on an irregular shaped base of 30 by 80 mm.

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
added stuff
  • Like 2