ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Information Thread

Update: July 20, 2018  

Pledge Manager Extended!  

As announced a few updates ago, we have extended the closing date of the Reaper Bones 4 Pledge Manager from July 31 to September 3, 2018. More detail on the Reaper Bones 4 Pledge Manager later in the update.  

ENnie voting is live!  

Our Ma’al Drakkar is nominated in the ENnie Awards Best Miniature Product Category. If you are so inclined, please go check it out and vote! Voting for the ENnie Awards runs until July 21. http://www.ennie-awards.com/vote/2018//  

First Look:  

It is time to play catch up and share some of the items that were shown only as concept art during the campaign.  

The Deep Gnomes, sculpted by Bobby Jackson, from the Darkreach Expansion. The Darkreach Expansion is a $50 item in the Reaper Bones 3 Pledge Manager.  

b39094cfb0effc3a8481df920b77c0dc_origina 

While we previously shared the green of one of these two, both of these Killer Fungus, sculpted by Bob Ridolfi, are found in the Darkreach Expansion. The Darkreach Expansion is a $50 item in the Reaper Bones 3 Pledge Manager.  

754de31f4cebc13fe32d956ae416ac1d_origina 

The Spirit Beast, sculpted by Julie Guthrie, found in the Dreadmere Expansion. The Dreadmere Expansion is a $50 item in the Reaper Bones 3 Pledge Manager.  

e58cce8f730fe07c5027f51577fd2a4c_origina 

As part of the Core Set, Bryn, the half-elf rogue, sculpted by Gene Van Horne, can be found in the Core Set Extras: Sophie and Friends set. The Core set is $100 and The Core Set Extras: Sophie and Friends set is $4 in the Reaper Bones 4 Pledge Manager.

eb603324ef83c9ad92409e185a9a08d2_origina 

These images are of primed metal masters that we sent off to be used in the mold making process. These are not production samples.  

Painted:  

And now, let’s take a look at some painted models from Michael Proctor’s workbench. Baba Yaga’s Hut is a $20 add on option in the Reaper Bones 4 Pledge Manager.

171f89bcaf4f895a2a786119be5ae787_origina 

from the right

241d8ce6924190ab17037c8aea68f592_origina 

from the back

34eedcd47d74308fcac8e9c94b376211_origina 

from the left

2586165b7d27ff5233b7031f26e5f7b7_origina 

The Maggotcrown Ogre Juggernaut is part of the Fan Favorites Expansion, $50 in the Reaper Bones 4 Pledge Manager.  

3b1ba2cce5dae1deb535405aa0eb4d70_origina 

and the back

f892ee4aca5b3cd0e88342cb6e869e37_origina 

Next Month, we have something different bursting through.

2fb07caa46e630ebaf6ffd445ebafe2b_origina

Question of the Week: What about the base for the Stygian Barge?  

So, we get lots of questions each week covering a variety of topics. This week, we’ll answer the barge base query. 

In our initial plan, we wanted to produce a wicked cool base for the barge, and cast it in translucent green material. We even went so far as to include this information in our graphics. Unfortunately, we couldn't quite execute the design we had in mind. We had several iterations of the base digitally sculpted and printed some of them out, but none of them met our design and quality control standards. In the end, we felt that it just looked better without the base.  

Reminders: TLDR  

• Once an order is locked in, we cannot make changes to that order. Substitutions and deletions are not possible; however you may order new or additional items (via a new order) through the Reaper Pledge Manager.  

• Speaking of which, the Reaper Pledge Manager has been extended and is scheduled to close on September 3, 2018. At 11:59 PM CST.  

• At this time, less than 1000 original backers have not locked in their orders. Don’t be that person who gets nothing shipped because they didn’t lock in!  

Reaper Pledge Manager  

We would like to encourage all backers to review their completed orders by following the Completed Orders link on their Bones 4 Pledge Manager. The Reaper Bones 4 Pledge Manager link is https://ks.reapermini.com/bones4 If you see at least one order under Completed Orders, then you're fine. If you don’t have this link, you still need to finalize your choices and proceed through the checkout process. Before you lock in an order, please confirm you are using the correct email address and your pledge credit is being shown. If not, follow instructions below (Login Emails).  

dec4e063ec1489ceeccbca9e763e9181_origina 

Also an important note that seems to confuse people - no pledge level automatically includes *anything*. For example: If you want a Bones 4 Core Set, then you must select it, no matter which level you pledged under. If you want to spend your pledge on other rewards and not get a Bones 4 Core Set, that's OK. But nothing will be added to your cart for you. Ever.  

Remember, you can lock in more than one order, so there's no penalty to locking in now - in fact, because we generate our shipping charges live from the US, UK, or AU Carrier services, waiting could raise your postal rates, causing you to owe more!  

Pledge Manager Login Emails  

We repeat this a lot, but it is literally the most common problem we see in our inboxes, so we will continue to repeat it:  

It is mandatory that, when you log in to the Reaper Pledge Manager, you use the same email address that you use to login to your Kickstarter account.  

The only way we know which pledge was yours is by matching those emails. If you log in with a different email, your pledge credit will not be applied to your order, and you will be charged higher prices for your rewards. You can resolve this in one of two ways. You could create a second login with the correct email address. Or, you could login, click on Account Details, and change your email address to the one you use on Kickstarter.com. Then log out and back in.  

Other Problems  

If you have other problems, please email us at help@reapermini.com. Be sure to specify what project you're having a problem with (this is Bones 4). That same help desk handles all customer service for all of Reaper's retail and consumer orders, as well as our previous projects, so they need your help knowing how to best help you. Please don’t include screenshots or attachments, as we have stringent security protocols which filter these out and delete the messages containing them.  

Convention Schedule  

Our next scheduled show is ReaperCon, August 30th - September 3rd! You can get your tickets now at www.reapercon.com!

Update Schedule  

Our August Updates will be on the second and fourth Fridays, the 10th and the 24th to accommodate vacation schedules and Reaper Con!  

Thanks!

~Reaper

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

So I came to the reaper site after being away for awhile. I saw the pledge manager for the Bones 4 core set. I did not join the kickstarter (sadly was unaware of it) so I thought this was a way to get the core set even if I did not support the kickstarter. I chose the core set, put in a credit card, and paid. It said it completed successfully and that it would ship in wave 14. What is wave 14 and when will it acutally ship? Thanks ahead of time for the help!

• Like 1

On 7/31/2018 at 4:33 PM, NovanMK3 said:

What is wave 14 and when will it actually ship? 

Bones 4 shipping is estimated to begin in February of 2019.

We ship each wave one after the other stopping long enough to refresh supplies.

Last project, we shipped all waves in 18 days.  Disclaimer, the AU & UK hubs had different timing.

We anticipate that we have resolved issues with the hubs and will make this a smoother ship window.

• Like 3

Update: July 20, 2018

As announced a few updates ago, we have extended the closing date of the Reaper Bones 4 Pledge Manager from July 31 to September 3, 2018. Yes, this means the Reaper Bones 4 Pledge Manager is still open.  More details on the Reaper Bones 4 Pledge Manager later in the update. 

Nyarlathotep: 

We caught up to Kevin Williams, the sculptor of Nyarlathotep, and asked a few questions about the process of summoning, er, sculpting this Lovecraftian deity.

86cd7dbec77e5a81c4a653febe56d3d1_origina 

How did Nyarlathotep come about?

Kevin:  We felt Nyarlathotep was an appropriate addition to compliment the short series of Mythos pieces we have produced.  Izzy Callier drew up the original design some time back before Bones 4.  Serious discussion over posing and design between our Art Director Ron Hawkins, Izzy and myself made this a true group effort.

a71b59bf4b8719a5e0bd50d21ebe9faf_origina 

What was the most challenging part of sculpting Nyarlathotep?

Kevin: The most challenging part was the hieroglyphics.  Getting those onto the base and having them scaled right took more time than expected.

69059e7a20fbf42ffd690f1e8dc79e5e_origina 

What was the most satisfying part of the sculpting process?

Kevin: The most satisfying part of sculpting Nyarlathotep was holding the physical object.  A few parts failed the printing process and required multiple printings.  I was a little surprised at the size, it ended up a little bigger than anticipated.

You can find the full 3D turn around of Nyarlathotep in Update #90.

Painted: 

We caught up to Michael Proctor, the painter of Nyarlathotep, and asked a few questions about painting Nyarly.

e922c5d70128bd8f4f7c1a079b83e83d_origina 

How did you settle on this color scheme?

Michael: The overall color scheme was determined by Ron. He asked for a reddish brown look that could fit into a desert style theme. So for the skin areas, I used a combination of Ruddy Leather 9109 and also mixed in the Dark Skin Triad 9755 (contains 9040-9042). I added some textures (lines and dashes) with Chestnut Gold 9073 and Palomino Gold 9074. Then for the tentacle portions, I went for dark magenta tones. Using Burgundy Wine 9025 and Old West Rose 9283. I chose the dark magenta tones to add a little contrast to the skin colors but not too much.

afe3c2ebfaaa3738dd3bcb6a82b5ae61_origina 

What was the most challenging part of this model?

Michael: it was a great model to paint. That Kevin Williams is a great sculptor; he uses so much crazy detail. I think I changed the spikes and teeth on the piece about three times. I wanted them to not blend in with the rest of the piece but still standout. I ended up using the Olive Skin Triad 9774 (contains 9220-9222) and it had just enough green in the mix to add a tiny bit of contrast.

72b83da6b58ba2d5529c6a974dc8f5c2_origina 

What did you enjoy the most?

Michael: Kevin Williams is a great friend and I had the opportunity to see this model come to life in the sculpting stages. I was really impressed how Kevin was able to take the amazing 2D art from Izzy and translate it to a 3D sculpt. The fun part was that when it was done Kevin reached out to me and asked if I would paint it. It’s really great not only to paint a piece for Reaper but when the sculptor asks you if you would paint his labor of love that’s just cool. That made me want to paint the piece even more.

255642a9030cba3ba4e733d509a83c4c_origina 

All of the above mentioned colors are currently available in our web store at Reapermini.com.

Reminders: TLDR 

• Once an order is locked in, we cannot make changes to that order. Substitutions and deletions are not possible; however you may order new or additional items (via a new order) through the Reaper Bones 4 Pledge Manager. 

• Speaking of which, the Reaper Bones 4 Pledge Manager has been extended and is scheduled to close on September 3, 2018. At 11:59 PM CST. 

• At this time, less than 1000 original backers have not locked in their orders. Don’t be that person who gets nothing shipped because they didn’t lock in! 

Reaper Pledge Manager 

We would like to encourage all backers to review their completed orders by following the Completed Orders link on their Bones 4 Pledge Manager. The Reaper Bones 4 Pledge Manager link is https://ks.reapermini.com/bones4 If you see at least one order under Completed Orders, then you're fine. If you don’t have this link, you still need to finalize your choices and proceed through the checkout process. Before you lock in an order, please confirm you are using the correct email address and your pledge credit is being shown. If not, follow instructions below (Login Emails). 

dec4e063ec1489ceeccbca9e763e9181_origina 

Also an important note that seems to confuse people - no pledge level automatically includes *anything*. For example: If you want a Bones 4 Core Set, then you must select it, no matter which level you pledged under. If you want to spend your pledge on other rewards and not get a Bones 4 Core Set, that's OK. But nothing will be added to your cart for you. Ever. 

Remember, you can lock in more than one order, so there's no penalty to locking in now - in fact, because we generate our shipping charges live from the US, UK, or AU Carrier services, waiting could raise your postal rates, causing you to owe more! 

Pledge Manager Login Emails 

We repeat this a lot, but it is literally the most common problem we see in our inboxes, so we will continue to repeat it: 

It is mandatory that, when you log in to the Reaper Pledge Manager, you use the same email address that you use to login to your Kickstarter account. 

The only way we know which pledge was yours is by matching those emails. If you log in with a different email, your pledge credit will not be applied to your order, and you will be charged higher prices for your rewards. You can resolve this in one of two ways. You could create a second login with the correct email address. Or, you could login, click on Account Details, and change your email address to the one you use on Kickstarter.com. Then log out and back in. 

Other Problems

If you have other problems, please email us at help@reapermini.com. Be sure to specify what project you're having a problem with (this is Bones 4). That same help desk handles all customer service for all of Reaper's retail and consumer orders, as well as our previous projects, so they need your help knowing how to best help you. Please don’t include screenshots or attachments, as we have stringent security protocols which filter these out and delete the messages containing them. 

Convention Schedule

Our next scheduled show is ReaperCon, August 30th - September 3rd! You can get your tickets now at www.reapercon.com

Update Schedule 

Our next August Update will be on the fourth Friday, the 24th.

Thanks! 

~Reaper

• Like 2