• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      Just a random mini this time, the Stone Giant from the first expansion of the second Bones kickstarter from 2013.

Stone Giants are the smallest of the giants, but still much larger than Conan. And have mothers milk that also can be used as spackle.

77336: Stone Giant
      sculpted by Jason Wiebe
      from the Reaper Bones 2 kickstarter
      Made in Bonesium PVC
      50mm base

• By Patrik Strom
      The Celestial Stag from Reaper Miniatures (03907). I painted this for a character in a DnD game that has a habit of shifting into a stag. I'm quite happy with the base.

• By Cygnwulf
      Everyone, meet Viridius.  

He's a hefty boi.  No Ma'al or Kalladrax, but still pretty big. He doesn't even fit in my light box, as you can see.   
      I've thought a long time about how I was going to paint him up, I don't think I'm going to go with the standard green dragon look.  Instead I'm going to take my inspiration from the time of year, and make him an autumn forest dragon, whose coloration changes with the forest around him.   So I'll be doing him in mostly golden yellows to oranges and reds, but keeping some greenish tones as the base of scales and other places, to kind of give a reminder of the verdent glory he was before.

One thing I'm choosing to see as an opportunity is that the tops of his wings are very smooth, ideal for some freehand work.  The question is, what to do?  Some kind of leaf like pattern, or perhaps a butterfly like eye pattern (in the leaf colors, of course)

Out of the box bag he was in pretty good shape.  The usual mold line cleanup, though he has some gaps that will need to be filled.  I followed up with reshaping the wings a little with some boiling water.  I forgot to get a complete before picture, but below you can see the before and after for the right wing

I've had to fully assemble him, I don't like the way the wing joins look without greenstuff, so that's going to be the first order of business.  So painting around the wings might be a chore, but it's nothing I haven't dealt with before (Although, not in recent history)

I begain the gapfill on the right side, but after sticking a finger in greenstuff twice and having to flip him back to touch up the texture, I decided to call it a night and do the left side gaps later.

• By Patrik Strom
      The first painted mini of the year! I really love this sculpt. My favorite part by far is the comb over :D I did a poor job of cleaning the miniature before priming and starting to paint it (like always), so there's a bit of grain on the axe and other irregularities. But nothing to harmful.

• By Maledrakh
      This one has been standing around, based in one form or another since the Bones 1 kickstarter back in 2013 or whenever it actually delivered.  One of the few KS1 Undead Bones I had not painted yet.
      I had originally based it on a square movement tray thinking to make it as some sort of skeleton unit for Kings of War, but for some reason that no longer appealed to me when I dusted it off this time. It had actual cobwebs on.
      I finally settled on a bespoke 125mm by 90mm oval 3D printed base, and slapped some paint on it to get it done.

lots of pics below

• Who's Online   7 Members, 1 Anonymous, 60 Guests (See full list)