• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By CoolAliasHere
      A dense, smelly fog encases the area around you, made all the more ominous by the darkness of the night.  The ground is wet, soft, and sticky beneath your feet as you move through the swampy landscape, desperately seeking a safe spot - or even a dry spot - to set up camp for the night.  Ahead, you see a shadowy visage of something large; slowly the party makes it way towards it, weapons at the ready.  As is comes closer into view, it becomes clear that you may have found a place to bed down for the night.  An outcropping of rocks, revealing the entrance to a cave; solid ground.  As you move to the entrance, shining the lantern inside, you are overcome by the stench of rotting flesh.  Before you can react, a low grow emanates from the cave; yellow eyes narrowing just beyond the light.  In one quick movement the tusked beast lunges forward, intent on making you its next meal!

The troll here was painted for the table, as a side boss for my D&D group.  I tried a few different things here, to give him that swampy/dirty feel.  I am really happy with they way he turned out.  Hope you like him!

CAH

• By Sophie was taken
      Thread title pretty much sums it up. This is Callus the Renegade from Black Orc’s Hundred Kingdoms, sculpted by Jason Wiebe:

There is is a lot going on here, from chain, scale, and plate to all the spangly bits and Things on Belts. Tried to add some variety of color where possible. Not sure what actual colors were worn by Roman soldiers, but red is popular among cosplayers according to Google. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t purple at least.

Turns out Dark Elf Skin is a pretty good approximation of actual gorilla flesh. It also seems that brown is not a popular color for actual gorilla fur, but whatever.

I was unsure just what that thing in his left hand is, so I imagined it as some sort of monkey-headed scepter, and painted it up in Dragon Copper and Antique Gold. Mostly as an excuse to try out some GW verdigris. I probably miffed the placement, but it’s a neat effect. Very much a “nasty old penny” look.

Did I mention this guy is big? Here he is alongside Miss Forscale the Strumpet:

Comments and critiques appreciated!
    • By OneBoot
      We all knew this day would come eventually. The day where OneBoot tosses the very few marbles she has left into the ocean and throws herself in after them. The blank 4th spot in my lovely Goblin Challenge signature badge has been glaring at me for several months now, and my personal circumstances have now aligned to allow me to attempt this, my final Challenge.

For those of you unfamiliar with Goblin Painting Challenges, started by our very own @buglips*the*goblin, here is a link to his Kaladrax thread that started it all: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/51269-kaladrax-in-seven-days-buglips-is-crazy-wip/&

The short version of the rules is that I will be painting up Dragons Don't Share - 2014 edition in 7 days, using no brushes larger than a size 0.

Here's the long version of the rules:

You are all invited to join me in my descent into further madness! But only if you bring chocolate and gummy worms.  

On a personal note, out of all 4 Goblin Challenges, this is actually the one I've been the most nervous about all along (yes, even more so than Ma'al Drakar). Those adventurers are likely to prove to be 5 lovely little time sinks for me, and I'll have to concentrate very hard not to get caught up in all those beautiful details on them! But who knows, maybe it'll end up being the terrain that eats all my time and sanity; we get to find out together!

My general plan is as follows:
      The first couple of days will focus on brown linering and basecoating ALL THE THINGS, while also putting on faces and eyes while my hands are still fairly steady. I will work primarily on the adventurers the first few days, but will take 'breaks' to work on the terrain and the dragon in between to let my eyes and hands relax a bit from the tiny work. My aim is to finish the adventurers by the end of Day 4, or at least get them to "good enough" status; fun fiddly detail bits can be added after this point if I have time, but even without those the figures could be declared done. My final day will likely be focused on finishing up the terrain, and possibly the dragon's wings. Not sure about that yet, but that's what I anticipate.  
      Started: April 3rd 2018, 4:00pm PDT
      Finished: April 10th 2018, 8:17am PDT
      Show-off thread:

Huzzah!
      --OneBoot :D
    • By MKCS
      I love me some Hobgoblins! 
      I’ve always liked the “blue or red nose(s)” description that Hobgoblins have, or had anyways.  It makes them incredibly unique within goblinkind.
      I think they turned out pretty good even with the bright honkers!
      C&C welcome as always, I hope you like them!

• By Geoff Davis
      I needed to paint something which was not on my shelf of shame.  I will use this guy next week in my D&D game, so I did a speed paint on him.  Not the greatest, but it helped be get over painting inertia and get moving on my shelf of shame projects again.  I have realized I just don't like painting big miniatures very much.

• Who's Online   48 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)