You are showing a genuine flair for the bizarre & disturbing. The Dung Beasty is another WONDERFULLY horrifying creation. Your BEAUTIFUL  brushwork & basing are SPLENDIDLY  enhanced by your attention to detail...tentacles & drool are nice touches. VERY WELL DONE once more!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is a great "composition", very much worthy of praise, especially your attention to minutest of details..And that is what makes this monster of a mini so unique and awesome!  I applaud loudly! 

• Thanks 1

Very well done, the skin is really great, looks very realistic. The tentacles and drool adds to the realistic look. 

• Thanks 1

Edit: I need to read better, I skimmed over the part where you modified it.

Anyways!  Nice job on it!  It's a great piece of beast!

Edited by buglips*the*goblin
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all your comments, I really appreciate all your feedback. I still have three aberrations from the Dungeon Horrors Box Set to paint, so there will be more slimy stuff crawling around shortly enough. I also have a 03602, Stone Lurker and a 14537, Xeldorian, Tyrant of Darkness among others in the backlog. Can't wait to tackle them.

Edited by Metalchaos
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Geoff Davis
      Ape-x re-imagined as a steampunk yeti scientist with a malfunctioning Gatling-cryolater.

• By buglips*the*goblin
      Hello again, friends and monsters (who may also be friends) - we're back with another Fast N' Fancy Reaper miniature.  Those of you who may have missed our previous examples and want to check them out can find them through these links:

03100 Thanis the Bonecaller
      01614 Con Crud 2017 Convention Zombie

But today, we will be doing Dark Heaven Legends 02818 Bugbears by Jason Wiebe.  Well, one of them anyway.  Since both bugbears are overall similar, we will be doing only one. For multipack figures that are broadly the same (such as skeletons, etc.) we'll only be picking one.  Where we might do a multipack with strongly dissimilar figures, then we will do both or all of the figures. 

So we'll be painting this guy:

Also, for those of you who don't know this yet, your Reaper figures now come with a birthday!  On blister packs since sometime in 2016, next to the barcode as illustrated by the arrow you will find a production date (or at least a packing date).

In this case, my Bugbear was born July 28, 2017.  This is very important information for his adoption papers! 

Should I get him a cake?  I should get him a cake. 

And now for a few words from my painter-partner-in-crime:

• By Dragoneye
      Painting this was awfully fun. 

• By Metalchaos
      I just finished a custom base for my toothy Reaper Miniatures 02712, Eyebeast. This model was sculpted by Julie Guthrie. It is also part of the 10031, Dungeon Horrors Box Set. I added two eyestalks on its head. The eyestalks are from Reaper Miniatures 03440, Creature Components II.

I used Blister Packaging Plastic and Mod Podge to create the saliva dripping from its maw and realistic water effect on the base. I also added the bull skull and skeleton parts and sculpted mushrooms in greenstuff to complete the set.

Comments are very welcome.

• By Pingo
      These are the two hyenas from Jason Wiebe's 03277: Hyena Pack (2).  I painted them up as spotted hyenas, as that is what they most look like. I find I am enjoying painting realistic mammals because it gives a lot of opportunity for play with a fairly limited palette. (See, for example, how I recently painted wolves and wolves and wolves, and what I learned from doing it.)

There is no WIP thread.

I have a photo book of Zimbabwe, so I played a little bit with backgrounds.

• Who's Online   29 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)