jdizzy001

Mage Knight repaint Temple Blademaster

My very first MK mini was a temple blademaster. To pay homage to those roots, I give you the temple blade master repaint. After removing him from his clixs base I made a suitable "temple/dungeon" themed base on which to glue him. After that I painted right over the existing paint job. Hopefully this is a vast improvement over the original. I painted this guy at the same time I painted the Crystal Bladesman so no before shot. Sorry. :)

MKTemple Blademaster1.jpg

MKTemple Blademaster2.jpg

• Like 17

Without having to see the original I can firmly say that it is a huge improvement!  The armor is a tad little too bright for my taste but I am nitpicking for sure. Still, a dilute black wash or the new armor wash and reapplying a thin bright coat to the edges and places that would shine would bring your already great mini to awesome levels.. 

• Like 1

I'll keep that in mind for the next MK mini. There are lots waltzing around in plate mail. In fact, in my current batch I have 2 others.

I have a copy of the same figure that I want to repaint sooner or later, so I can say for certain that you made a big improvement. Good work!

Its a vast improvement.  I agree that a wash would help bring up some of the detail, but I don't spend much time on any of these repaints so i can certainly understand not doing it.  It does look fine as is, just bright and shiny (maybe he has a pet goblin to polish his armor every 3 hours or something ::): )

one of the difficulties in repainting Mage Knight is that the original paint has to go because it is splattered on too thick.  I have a number of bowling ball faces that when the paint is stripped off actually have some pretty good detail.

• Like 2