pinkymadigan

B for scale

Based on the SKU, they are Bones.  Not sure if the 'B' is supposed to imply that or not.

• Like 1

If it supposed to be a replacement for bryangles as a scale indicator then we need to be told what size it is.

I assume it is just for "Bones" but it looks like all the new previews that went up today are Bones it is hard to say, as we do not have any metal previews to compare it to.

Edited by Lidless Eye

I hope it's not a replacement for the bryangles, as it is as a nice of a reference when trying to figure out the size. When the giant it looks tiny and with the mouslings it looks big.  

• Like 1

On 1/15/2018 at 3:40 PM, pinkymadigan said:

So there's a little block "B" in some of the new previews:

http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/previews/latest/77522

What is it? An inch? What does the B mean? Bones?

EDIT: can't be an inch. 12mm / Small 6 sided die size?

Quarter of an inch. 

B for bones, now designating material made of.

New scale markers as we move forward. Will be updating older models with similar as we can. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Looks like the other topic was closed? Can't seem to reply to it. Thanks for the information, @ladystorm, but I'd like to put my two cents in that it's far too small. A 1 inch scale marker is much more useful, or even better a 28mm or 32mm marker. It's just too hard to judge how many quarter inch cubes in say a giant model without breaking out a ruler or graphics program. 

The visibility of it is definitely better than the triangles.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Seeing the previews of the February release, it's easy to see that they all have a "B cube" next to them for sizing purposes.

Just how big is it? One cubic centimeter?

According to a reply here by ladystorm ( 

) it's a quarter inch in height. 

I'm kind of saddened to see the half inch full inch markers disappear, because a quarter inch doesn't show as much for comparisons, especially with the larger models. 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 4

They never finished getting Bryangles on the older figures, either.  Now starting with a new measuring scheme? :blink:

• Like 3

Both Bryangles and the b-cube are useful in their own way, but I think the best scale representation Reaper has used is Sir Forscale. 

Edited by Clearman
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Looking trough the latest releases, I noticed that instead of the bryangles, the pictures now have letter-blocks.

How big are these new blocks? And are there any meaning behind the different letters?

B = Bonesium,

M = Metal...

They're 1/4" tall if I remember correctly. It was asked about not too long ago, so may even be a FAQ.

EDIT: found it!

Edited by Gadgetman!
  • Like 1

There's some bones miniatures I am interested in ordering, but I can't seem to find the model dimensions listed on the site.

The dimension are important to me because I want to put these on 30mm, 40mm, or 50mm circular bases.

Edited by The MechE