Pingo

77283: Ridiculously underdressed necromancer with a scythe

20 minutes ago, Bustedknee said:

I really like your style with the skin, especially the face.  Very well done.

Thank you. I love trying to make faces expressive of the character of the figure.

Isn't that "Ribcage +2 of Zombie Making" ? ^_^ 

Her skin tone is splendid and your style is heart-warming as always. Her face and expression is flawless apart from the fact that she might be the friendliest necromancer ever..

Hey there, I am Betty, your neighbor next door. Just holler if you need any any zombies or skeletons dear... 

Edited by VolksFest
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Huh, when I painted her, I didn't consider the skull in her hand a mask. I figured it was a skull with the back sawed off for morbidity. 

Nice rendition!

• Like 2

I am so jelly how your vamp's eyes (in your numberous other threads as well) always come out !! the eye practice in tips and advice section really paying off (luv the leapord ones) ! again to ditto the remark, luv your faces! as well.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, VolksFest said:

Isn't that "Ribcage +2 of Zombie Making" ? ^_^ 

Her skin tone is splendid and your style is heart-warming as always. Her face and expression is flawless apart from the fact that she might be the friendliest necromancer ever..

Hey there, I am Betty, your neighbor next door. Just yoller if you need any any zombies or skeletons dear... 

The ribcage might have a name. Mine is named Andrew. He's always there for... support. ;)

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Thanks for the kind comments, everyone.

When I started her I didn’t think she was going to be anything but silly, but she developed as she went along.

• Like 1

Lovely face work.

Although I am led to question how many women would be comfortable in a skelehandbra. This seems disturbingly common on slinky female necromancers, but it seems it would be uncomfortable at best. 

It also leads directly to the immediate corollary question of skelehandjockstraps, which is a thing I wish I had not thought of.

Seriously, sculptors, just stick with the bearskin kilts and chainmail bikinis, if you must. Or nude. Underwear made of ossicles is just more than I wanna deal with.

download.jpg.98b98b30bd3e1584fa2e293777f343ad.jpg

Edited by Dr.Bedlam
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

Lovely face work.

Although I am led to question how many women would be comfortable in a skelehandbra. This seems disturbingly common on slinky female necromancers, but it seems it would be uncomfortable at best. 

It also leads directly to the immediate corollary question of skelehandjockstraps, which is a thing I wish I had not thought of.

Seriously, sculptors, just stick with the bearskin kilts and chainmail bikinis, if you must. Or nude. Underwear made of ossicles is just more than I wanna deal with.

download.jpg.98b98b30bd3e1584fa2e293777f343ad.jpg

Old timey corsets were made from whale bones, if I am not mistaken. They also were crunching a body so tight that organs got displaced. Women have done weird things in the name of beauty.

• Like 1

"There is no torture a woman would not undergo to enhance her beauty." Forget who said that, but I'm pretty sure it was a guy what said it.

And whalebone corsets were also renowned for being uncomfortable.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Geoff Davis
      03880: Phineas Greybone, Necromancer sculpted by Tre Manor

Overall I'm really happy with how the light effects worked out.  This was a really difficult miniature to photograph.  The main challenges painting him were the glowing skull and the very irregular base.  I tired to make the skull stand out by making very deep purple shadows around it.  I used red, orange and white glazes and appear to glow, but without making it look too orange.  Making the base look dark enough was very difficult because it has a very irregular surface and every jagged edge catches the real light and makes it look brighter than I want it to in comparison to the shadow areas on the main figure.  In future for a project of this type, I would use a smoother style of base so I have more control over the shadows and lighting like on the main figure. 

Comments and criticism are welcome. 

• By Pingo
      These are Reaper's 02830: Wolf Pack, sculpted by Geoff Valley. They are mounted on one-inch fender washers.

I painted them for versatility, which is why there is a variety of color and base types.

Detailed WIP thread here.
    • By Pingo
      So these are a couple of "mantis warriors" which I'm painting up as thri-kreen, the insectoid race from the Dark Sun and Spelljammer D&D settings.  They are Reaper's 03552: Klichik, Mantis Warrior (the taller one), sculpted by John Winter, and 03142: Zizzix, Mantis Warrior (the squatter one), sculpted by Michael Brower.

Here they are for scale (and unassembled) with Reaper's 03155: Vandora Waverunner, Pirate, sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.

Straight out of the package they have a very flat silhouette.

Here they are assembled, primed, and washed with thinned-down Burnt Umber.  I gently bent some of their limbs forward to ease the flatness a tad.

One source said all thri-kreen were golden brown; another said they were earthy shades of red, yellow, and sometimes green.  I decided to paint the taller one red and the shorter one yellow.

I mixed some dull, opaque colors using Iron Oxide Red and Yellow, each mixed with a greying-down blend of browns and white, and brushed them on thinly.

As god is my witness, this thing is not so pink in real life.

I painted this same yellow on both of the creatures' bases.

Then I washed over them with some thinned-down Burnt Umber.

To be continued!
    • By Pingo
      I started this figure to be a slightly overenthusiastic Russian bodyguard for Vampire: The Masquerade. When I finished her the GM said she would better serve as a character who is a Mage: The Ascension Void Engineer soldier, basically a space marine.

This was also a slight experiment in the sort of colorless blonde character with invisible eyebrows, except I gave her really heavy eye makeup. She isn't really wide-eyed, but her blue eyes are very pale, giving a staring effect.

According to Hasslefree's flavor text her two big guns are Heckler & Koch MP5Ks. A little Googling tells me that the MP5K is of German design, but also made in Iran and Turkey, and is "the ultimate close-quarters weapon, created for use in very confined spaces". From guns I know nothing, but okay.

There is no WIP thread, but comments and questions are welcome.

• By Pingo
      This is Reaper 80026, the Bones version of "Agatha Fox, Spy", sculpted by Andrew Rae.

She is a modish young lady in a raincoat and knee boots, nonchalantly easing a gun out of the handbag behind her back. It looks like the original sculpt had a collar or necklace or something, but I didn't see it in the Bones version.

WIP thread here. Comments and critiques are welcome, as always.

• Who's Online   39 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)