Generic Fighter

Secret Sophie for SGHawkins09

So, I got SGHawkins for my Secret Sophie. She said she would be starting Curse of Strahd soon, so I made Strahd...

lckCr8c.jpg

Happy Vampire is Happy!

wCQ57XZ.jpg

Also, i did a couple "Spell Effects" like this Dancing Magma Sword!

wptypdn.jpg

6jTkVUA.jpg

And a pair of the new WizKids unpainted minis. I chose the Dragonborn female Fighters set because Dragonborn are hard to find equivilents for outside the official minis and I wanted to try out painting a few of them for future referance. I really like the effect I made with the first's Fire Sword. The mini's Fire sword is made from clear plastic so I used Tamiya Clear "Paint" to shade it and a little bit of Sword steel paint to make it look like the sword is on fire but that it still is metal underneeth.

U9JxRAE.jpg

b9ZziS5.jpg

The second Dragonborn was a challenge from SGHawkins to "Try something new" so, I tried Non-Metalic Metal! I used the Copper/Bronze triad from the Bones 3 Kickstarter to attempt it. It came out okay I think, but I can do better in the future. Also, had fun with the Fire and Ice Axes.

SGHawkins, please post pictures of the items I included too. i did not get to take any pictures of the gifts as I was ill until yesterday evening.

GF

Edited by Generic Fighter
No G in Hawkins!!
  • Like 14

The minis are great! The vampire will definetly be used and I may have to build an encounter around Dragonborn in my regular campaign. Here is the rest of the goodies:

B1F22944-CDA9-4957-A973-0A6088CBBF9F.thumb.jpeg.e21e2199cb51248dc874c795069d1b55.jpeg

Thank you!

• Like 9

2 hours ago, rfusca said:

Hahaha I love the unlucky dice

I got about 5 of these at GenCon 50. It has two 1s and no 20! :p Gave 1 of them to each of the DMs at my FLGS's AL! 1 of them used it all session until I told him to look closely at it!

The Baggie of random dice contains a bunch of specialty dice. The Beads I use for Crystals and large gemstones on conversions. The Green and Brown dice are from my favorite Dice Brand, Halfsies by Gatekeeper Games.(They are Not THAT kind of Gatekeeper, thankfully.) Finally, the Flash Drive has a few cool RPG things I've made or found on the Internets. Including the raw audio for my first attempt at creating an Actual Play Podcast.

Hope you enjoy all the stuff!

GF

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Generic Fighter said:

I got about 5 of these at GenCon 50. It has two 1s and no 20! :p Gave 1 of them to each of the DMs at my FLGS's AL! 1 of them used it all session until I told him to look closely at it!

Interestingly enough, I had one of my PFS players give me one of these at GenCon50 when my own dice were rolling so hot that I nearly TPK’ed the party.  I didn’t notice until the next day that it was a cheat die.  :)

Wow, it never occurred to me to build a dancing sword.  Goodbye twiddly wink, hello green stuff. Thanks GenericFighter for the idea!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AutumnHare said:

Interestingly enough, I had one of my PFS players give me one of these at GenCon50 when my own dice were rolling so hot that I nearly TPK’ed the party.  I didn’t notice until the next day that it was a cheat die.  :)

Wow, it never occurred to me to build a dancing sword.  Goodbye twiddly wink, hello green stuff. Thanks GenericFighter for the idea!

I put a bunch of Dancing Weapons in my Box of Goodwill, too. I had the idea a long time ago too. I have a Prototype from before I had Sculpting Putty that would cure and harden somewhere.

love the die as well!

also lol at the story - that's great

I need the opposite cheat die, whenever I roll for monsters, they roll really terribly! I mean, *Terribly!*

Love the minis as well, well done GF!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Generic Fighter said:

The Baggie of random dice contains a bunch of specialty dice. The Beads I use for Crystals and large gemstones on conversions. The Green and Brown dice are from my favorite Dice Brand, Halfsies by Gatekeeper Games.(They are Not THAT kind of Gatekeeper, thankfully.) Finally, the Flash Drive has a few cool RPG things I've made or found on the Internets. Including the raw audio for my first attempt at creating an Actual Play Podcast.

Hope you enjoy all the stuff!

GF

The specialty dice will definitely gets used and the green/brown fit perfectly with the rest of mine. Only one small issue with giving the unlucky die to my DM, I am the DM! :lol:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SGHawkins09 said:

The specialty dice will definitely gets used and the green/brown fit perfectly with the rest of mine. Only one small issue with giving the unlucky die to my DM, I am the DM! :lol:

uh..oops. Well give it to the first player that crits in the next session as a "Gift" or "Prize". Don't tell them of course;)

GF

14 hours ago, Generic Fighter said:

uh..oops. Well give it to the first player that crits in the next session as a "Gift" or "Prize". Don't tell them of course;)

GF

I am sure I can find a use for it. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Knight of the Dinner Table
      I have not shown anything for a long time. And I have not painted anything for a couple of months. Finally I had a couple of hours of free time and painted that Bones Vampire. As usually, all I'm aiming for is tabletop "quality".
      For a first mini after a month-long break, done in a couple of hours I'm quite satisfied. I think I'm going to do a bit more with the inner side of the cape (more highlights). Any constructive criticism welcome.

• By Inarah
      My exchange partner this year was Fealron and one of the ideas suggested was a new enemy or villain to throw against his players.  I had this guy on hand and wondered if a giant werewolf would fit the bill: 

14030: Vasyl, Rageclaw Alpha 

While I was painting that I came across these guys and they just begged to be henchmen: 

The one in the middle I believe is an old Grenadier, the others are clix. 

Meanwhile, back at the ranch I did a little digging and discovered that Fealron has a set of DwarvenForge, so I felt compelled to paint these as a gift.  It's all molded from Hirst Arts molds (except the barrel mimic).  I hope they provide hours of fun play. 

• By Adrift
      Here are a pair of Dragonborn I've painted up for my DND game. 

77060: Dragonman Warrior is a cleric in my game for a good deity; used the Bones 3 weapons to do a weapon swap for a mace and then snipped off a pair of sharp corners from the removed sword to give the mace a pair of sharp prongs along the top. 

77214: Kar Drakir is the arch nemesis of the cleric above; his mace has the soul of a trapped vampire lord contained within the wood used for the head of the weapon and literally drains the life from characters to then perform special abilities (mimicking a vampire lord's abilities). The mace is another weapon swap from the Bones 3 weapons. I also took the top off of one of the items in the sprue and attached it to the shield; I have yet to determine the abilities of his magical shield; any suggestions other than insta-death are welcome 

The base for Kar Drakir is a Stones base from Frontline Games.

• By SGHawkins09
      Painted this up for Rat13 as part of the Summer Exchange. Wanted to do a limited summer/fall color scheme and I am happy with how he turned out. These are not the best pictures in the world as they were taken quickly before packing him up.

• By Pingo
      Well, now.

This is a bit of an unusual project. Earlier this year @malefactus kindly sent me some unpainted miniatures that he thought I could get some use out of. Among them was an already based and primed copy of Reaper's 14016, Judas Bloodspire, Necropolis Warlord, sculpted by the legendary Werner Klocke.

I had already painted a quickie version the Bones version of the sculpt, 77160: Judas Bloodspire, Vampire and had discovered how fun the sculpt was, so I was pleased to have another to paint, especially since it was mounted on one of malefactus' inimitable bases.

I am not entirely sure how malefactus put this together. The central cylinder and the base seem to be wood. He sculpted pavement on the upper base and added something like moss and his signature mushrooms and primed the whole thing in black with white brushed over it.

In transit the cape (whose attachment is always a delicate piece of this figure) had come loose, so I cleaned the glue off it and set it aside to paint separately and rejoin later.

While playing around with how to attach the cape I discovered a different angle of attachment from the standard pose which appears to be more stable, and which I plan to try. More details on that later, or you can check out the link.

All paints used are Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics. Color mixes are (usually) noted, but not exact ratios.

Questions are welcomed and I will try to answer them. Critiques are appreciated.

Here the figure is almost as malefactus sent it to me. I have set aside his cape and already put a light wash of green on the mossy bits. This was a simple transparent mix of Phthalocyanine Green and Burnt Sienna, my go-to mix for foliage. It's completely transparent and acts like a watercolor wash.

I layered on several coats of varying mixes of the two pigments, sometimes adding a little Ultramarine Blue, also a transparent color, or Hansa Yellow Opaque, which despite its name is only semi-translucent. This lets all of malefactus' shading show through.

I like to paint skin and especially faces before the rest of the figure. I've been painting up my vampire figures with completely colorless skin mixed from Titanium White and Carbon Black, so I did that here. The metal figure has much more delicate details than the Bones. The fangs are a mix of Titanium White and Yellow Ochre and the lips and eyes are pure Red Oxide and Hansa Yellow Opaque with Carbon Black.

For a color scheme I decided on a contrast to my Bones Judas Bloodspire, who had white hair, a red cloak, blue drapery and a rather misunderstood outfit (I had painted him very quickly, only intending him for tabletop use. I fell in love with the sculpt as I painted.) This one will have a dark blueish or purple cape (still thinking about that), a red greatcoat, and brown hair (maybe with some white streaks. I do like white streaks.).

I didn't take pix of the hair painting, but you can see the results in the cape-position testing pictures here. His hair was, I believe, underlaid in a medium brown mixed from Burnt Sienna with a little Ultramarine Blue and Yellow Ochre and Titanium White, then glazed with Burnt Umber and maybe some Burnt Sienna too. (Browns are complex!) No highlights yet. I also painted malefactus' paving stones with a cold grey mixed from Ultramarine Blue, Burnt Sienna, and Titanium White, visible in some photos.

Next: Beginning the figure.
  • Who's Online   51 Members, 3 Anonymous, 98 Guests (See full list)